video footage wont play on PC
15832 16 2019-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_DAUBl4XDFkKh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32703 ft
United Kingdom

I have been filming some of the quick shot features like dronie and asteroid also taking pictures, but when i just record normal flight in 4k my PC using windows media player wont play it and when i try using VLC it play's but not video its the same shot from the start to finish as if its a picture if i skip to apoint then it will show some of the video but again as a still picture yet it will play all the quick shot footage is quick shot filmed in 4k as i can only think my pc wont play 4k..

i have 2 Skandisk class 10 U3 v30 as recommended one is a 32gb and a 64gb both show the same allthough it will play on my 4K tv is there any setting on the pc i have to change for it to play

2019-1-5
Use props
fans282f77a4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I also am having an issue Mavic 2 Pro, I can access the files via USB cable directly to the Mavic I can open individual pictures but when I try to view a video My laptop goes into a crash dump screen and closes down. Any Ideas?
2019-1-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You mean you could only play 4K videos when using a different player? May we know if you manage to record a lower resolution than 4k then check it to your computer? Does your computer support 4k videos? Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2019-1-5
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

If your computer is 3 years old or older it is most likely the computer processing power that is lacking.

After messing with my 2010 computer for months I finally bought a new laptop with enough power to run anything I can throw at it!!  Make sure your video processor is up to the task!!

Randy
2019-1-6
Use props
saem
lvl.4
Canada

If your laptop or PC is not playing your 4K video you need to download the pot player doesn’t matter if your computer is four years or five years older I have four computers three laptops and one PC and one on my laptop is four years old that didn’t play my 4K video and that’s how I’m playing on that laptop 4K video with the pot player just Google it download pot player and it will come Up
2019-1-6
Use props
RedWolf18
lvl.3
Flight distance : 659580 ft
United Kingdom

I had a similar problem with one of my older laptops with VLC. I installed HVEC Extensions and then they would play, albeit a little jerky due to age and low power of laptop.
2019-1-6
Use props
Cheaptyres
lvl.1
United Kingdom

rwynant V1 Posted at 1-6 09:18
If your computer is 3 years old or older it is most likely the computer processing power that is lacking.

After messing with my 2010 computer for months I finally bought a new laptop with enough power to run anything I can throw at it!!  Make sure your video processor is up to the task!!

My PC  is a gaming PC so would of thought it could handle 4K but thanks for the reply
2019-1-6
Use props
Cheaptyres
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for all your replies it will help i tried it on a friends PC who;s is over 5 years old it played it but very Jirky all be it it is a high spec PC at the time he bought it.
ill try what you have all said and let you know Thanks again guys  
2019-1-6
Use props
Cheaptyres
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi All as promised  i have downloaded POT Player and yes it works it plays the the 4k footage All be it a little Jirky so the second question is what do i upgrade my graphics card or the processor my setup is this
Processor :- its an on board graphics card  but let me know guys
2019-1-7
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

Cheaptyres Posted at 1-7 00:09
Hi All as promised  i have downloaded POT Player and yes it works it plays the the 4k footage All be it a little Jirky so the second question is what do i upgrade my graphics card or the processor my setup is this
Processor :- [view_image] its an on board graphics card  but let me know guys

An onboard graphics card will not cut it. Thats why the playback is jerky, I would upgrade to a video card with at least 4-6 gigs of ddr.
2019-1-7
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Its nothing to do with 4k.  Its to do with h264 and h265 codecs.

Only the newer generation CPUs support hardware decoding of H265 so a 3 year old gaming PC has no chance.  Thats why it stutters.
Quickshots etc aren't using 10 bit or H265 so play back fine.

Ultimately its not an issue as al DLOG H265 footage needs to be post processed anyway.
2019-1-7
Use props
Cheaptyres
lvl.1
United Kingdom

gnirtS Posted at 1-7 04:27
Its nothing to do with 4k.  Its to do with h264 and h265 codecs.

Only the newer generation CPUs support hardware decoding of H265 so a 3 year old gaming PC has no chance.  Thats why it stutters.

should i use another setting on the Mavic as i don't really want to do any post editing but still want to use 4k i have noticed it does look a little grey in h265 d log if i use 264 normal would that be better
2019-1-7
Use props
djiuser_3FozhIFjQX8c
New

United Kingdom

Cheaptyres Posted at 1-7 06:22
should i use another setting on the Mavic as i don't really want to do any post editing but still want to use 4k i have noticed it does look a little grey in h265 d log if i use 264 normal would that be better

Hi Cheaptyres. If you just want the video and don't intend to do any serious editing, I'd stick to H.264 and the Normal colour mode.

H.265 does contain more data, but it is harder to playback (needs more CPU/GPU processing power) and if you use D-Log you will need to pass it through a video editor (otherwise you will get a very muted colour range).

Some TV's can playback H.265 HLG videos directly, but they are fairly recent models and usually quite top-end.
2019-1-7
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

Cheaptyres Posted at 1-7 06:22
should i use another setting on the Mavic as i don't really want to do any post editing but still want to use 4k i have noticed it does look a little grey in h265 d log if i use 264 normal would that be better

The footage in DlogM does look flat if not processed. If you dont want to do any post processing go for a video color setting like vibrant. This should give you a more saturated look.

2019-1-8
Use props
Cheaptyres
lvl.1
United Kingdom

SPIKE_151 Posted at 1-8 00:09
The footage in DlogM does look flat if not processed. If you dont want to do any post processing go for a video color setting like vibrant. This should give you a more saturated look.

Thanks Guys much appreciated for the advice and feedback
2019-1-8
Use props
djiuser_qR76r1OP5XxP
New
Flight distance : 250860 ft
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 2019-1-6 09:18

What computer spec did you buy? I have 6 years old laptop with AMD A10 processor, SSD drive, 8 GB memory and Redeon graphics card. It seems like it would be enough but when I try to play 4K videos it keeps freezing and CPU usage goes to 100%. So do I need to buy some I7 intel or something similar?
2020-10-19
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_qR76r1OP5XxP Posted at 10-19 14:53
What computer spec did you buy? I have 6 years old laptop with AMD A10 processor, SSD drive, 8 GB memory and Redeon graphics card. It seems like it would be enough but when I try to play 4K videos it keeps freezing and CPU usage goes to 100%. So do I need to buy some I7 intel or something similar?

Alienware 17 4k  R3
I7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60 GHZ
16gb Ram
Hopped up Video Card with 32mgs Ram
250 GB SSD
1 TB 7200rpm HDD
2020-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules