El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2019-1-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. May we have a short video of this situation? You can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here for a further check. Thank you for continued support.
2019-1-5
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Yup. It's happened about twice using my Andriod phone. Very random though. I've noticed it happened with a hurried switch off on both occasions though. Maybe not holding the button down for long enough.
2019-1-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Think your right, but it’s no hassle to pull it out to power down, for those trying to use an iPad or tablet the gimbal will smack of the side of the tablet if you don’t take out before powering down
2019-1-5
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

2019-1-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

El Diablo Posted at 1-5 14:36
So is it advised to power it down after unplaging from the phone? Just asking..

Didn’t see any advice on that, but it’s probably safest bet.
2019-1-5
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

2019-1-6
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

It happened twice (out of maybe 50 off/on cycles), but after turning it on/off again, it engaged.  However, I'm experiencing the slight droop-and-twist about 5 seconds after it DOES go to storing.  It's like the instruction to 'go to storage' uses some powered function, then when the final "off" occurs, the position hold also disengages.  If I'm quick with sliding it into the case... no problem.  But too slow and I still have to re-direct (about 15 degrees off center).  Finally, just in case, make sure you've updated the firmware.  The first update supposedly incorporated the park function.
2019-1-6
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

WebParrot Posted at 1-6 21:26
It happened twice (out of maybe 50 off/on cycles), but after turning it on/off again, it engaged.  However, I'm experiencing the slight droop-and-twist about 5 seconds after it DOES go to storing.  It's like the instruction to 'go to storage' uses some powered function, then when the final "off" occurs, the position hold also disengages.  If I'm quick with sliding it into the case... no problem.  But too slow and I still have to re-direct (about 15 degrees off center).  Finally, just in case, make sure you've updated the firmware.  The first update supposedly incorporated the park function.

This is what my initial post was about a week or so ago but the admin here came back saying it was normal behavior and nothing to worry about. More of a concern now is the carry strap. The string sits on the inside just above the gimbal. When putting the Pocket back into its case sometimes the gimbal catches. Considering the warnings that the gimbal motors are precision instruments, there should be no obstructions of any type for the gimbal to catch on.
2019-1-6
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

2019-1-7
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

2019-1-7
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

El Diablo Posted at 1-7 00:24
Thank you. The funny thing is that on the official DJI Osmo Pocket tutorials (Quicl Starting) at the end of the video they power off the device and it doesn’t fold up lol

That's what was worrying me. I suppose as we didn't get the same firmware as the first Pockets that were released it may have been some sort of update to keep the gimbal from moving around in the case. I was never informed as to why it happens, just that it is normal behaviour.
2019-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-7 06:51
That's what was worrying me. I suppose as we didn't get the same firmware as the first Pockets that were released it may have been some sort of update to keep the gimbal from moving around in the case. I was never informed as to why it happens, just that it is normal behaviour.

It is recommended that before you connect your OP to your phone you turn it on this also cuts out having to go through tutorial , if you disconnect your OP from your phone and then turn it off it will go into storage mode, in new FW they have increased storage mode from 5 seconds to 8 seconds to allow time to place back in its case. It really is that simple and also acts as a safety measure for those choosing to use tablets as their device, because if you try to turn off while still connected to tablet your OP will smack off the sides of your tablet while trying to go to storage mode, thus risking damaging your gimbal and the side of your tablet.
2019-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules