Bluetooth not connecting
1754 7 2019-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stickyfeet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Today I unboxed my Ronin-S for the first time. I updated firmware to latest version using the DJi Assistant on my macbook pro (macOSMojave).
The Ronin-S grip has been fully charged.
I have the latest Ronin App (and I have tried it from Google Play and also (after uninstalling) direct from DJI website.I can successfully turn on the grip and then the gimble.

But!

When I try to connect to the Ronin-S from my phone, the Ronin S will not come up as an available device to connect to. I can pair it with my phone but I can't actually connect to it. If, once paired, I ask my phone to forget the device then the Ronin-S appears in a list of available devices. But if I then pair it again, it no longer appears as a device that is available to connect to. And the Ronin-S is undetectable by the Ronin app. So I cannot activate my Ronin-S to use it.

My phone is a Sony XZ1 compact running Android 8.0.0. I don't have trouble connecting to any other bluetooth devices.

What could be the problem? Do I need to return the Ronin-S?
2019-1-5
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

Make sure to have the GPS on the phone activated.
2019-1-5
Use props
stickyfeet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

StianGel Posted at 1-5 14:12
Make sure to have the GPS on the phone activated.

Thanks for the reply. I just tried again double-checking GPS on phone is activated and it is. Unfortunately the bluetooth still won't actually connect despite being able to see and pair with the Ronin S.
2019-1-6
Use props
stickyfeet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

stickyfeet Posted at 1-6 12:42
Thanks for the reply. I just tried again double-checking GPS on phone is activated and it is. Unfortunately the bluetooth still won't actually connect despite being able to see and pair with the Ronin S.

I also tried to reinstall the firmware update as I noticed that helped a similar case elsewhere on the forum but unfortunately that did not work for me.
2019-1-6
Use props
stickyfeet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I'm in! I'm not sure what did it for me but it's working right now. I saw another thread that mentioned trying it with phone in flight mode. It worked. It works not in flight mode too now. So fingers crossed that this continues. Thanks
2019-1-6
Use props
StianGel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

stickyfeet Posted at 1-6 13:16
I'm in! I'm not sure what did it for me but it's working right now. I saw another thread that mentioned trying it with phone in flight mode. It worked. It works not in flight mode too now. So fingers crossed that this continues. Thanks

Thats good news. I was gonna suggest reinstalling the app with a phone restart in between.
I just connected my new phone to the Ronin app and got a pop-up about the GPS beeing turned off.
Works as it should for me as well.
2019-1-6
Use props
stickyfeet
lvl.1
United Kingdom

StianGel Posted at 1-6 14:02
Thats good news. I was gonna suggest reinstalling the app with a phone restart in between.
I just connected my new phone to the Ronin app and got a pop-up about the GPS beeing turned off.
Works as it should for me as well.

Great. Glad all good your end too
2019-1-6
Use props
fans1c983c67
New
Switzerland

I bought the Ronin-S yesterday, for a shoot that will take place next week. I carefully prepared and balanced the Ronin-S with my camera. I have a problem with the upgrade first. He offers me upgrade to 1.5 (Remote Start / Stop) New version available: 1.5) and after a few minutes, he tells me: "Upgrade failure! Please power cycle device and try again. I did the operation four times, I turned everything off, all on, still the same problem. And if I click on "info" it tells me "Software info Current version: 2.5 No updates". And I go back to "Upgrade" or I'm told "New version available: 1.5".
When I go into the Ronin app, the Device list and DJI Ronin S appear followed by the 6-digit number. I click on it, Ronin connects for 2 seconds, then a message appears: "Device disconnected. Please check device status. I start many times, it's still the same problem. I have never been able to use the Ronin S, it never worked.

What should I do ? Return the Ronin S for repair?
2019-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules