Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro won't take pictures
13505 28 2019-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dreamhouse
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137740 ft
United States

Hi all. Really hoping for some help here. My Mavic Pro won't take pictures. The photo trigger button on the controller doesn't do anything, and when pushing the button on screen, I hear the shutter sound effect but the screen does not flash black like it normally would during a photo, and no photo appears on the SD card.
Sometimes, the drone takes an initial pre-flight photo and it will appear on the SD card. Sometimes it does not take this picture.

Video works fine. I have been able to intermittently take photos here and there since the problem started, but 90% of the time, I am unable to take pictures. I have made sure the Mavic, Controller, and app are updated to the latest firmware. I've also tried rolling back the Mavic's firmware to the oldest possible firmware version and this does not fix the problem.

I am using a Sandisk Extreme PLUS 32GB SD card. I have also tried a Samsung EVO Select 64GB card. Neither card fixes the issue. I have formatted each card using both my computer and the drone, and this does not fix the issue. I have tried all varieties of photo settings (Raw, JPG, etc) and photo types (single, HDR, etc) and nothing changes. I have used the short cable that plugs into the side of the controller, and a longer cable plugged into the bottom of the controller, and am unable to take photos either way. All other functions and buttons of the controller work fine. Auto focus on photos and videos works fine. Gimbal has been calibrated and functions normally.

When I first noticed the problem a couple of weeks ago, I was able to use the Airmap app to trigger photos and this worked great. However, yesterday when I tried to take photos, neither the Go app or Airmap app would allow me to take photos.

All of this started as soon as my 1-year warranty was up, which I would find suspicious, except that I seem to be the only one on the internet with this problem.
2019-1-5
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Captain
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

What phone u using? That happened to me before. Worked fine , then it didn’t, tried a family members pad and phone it worked fine. Hope this helps
2019-1-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day dreamhouse. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Pro. May we know when did this issue started and may we know as well what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Thank you.
2019-1-6
Use props
dreamhouse
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-6 06:36
Hello and good day dreamhouse. I am sorry to know that you are having issues with your DJI Mavic Pro. May we know when did this issue started and may we know as well what is the model of the mobile device that you are using please? Thank you.

Sorry, I'm not sure when the issue started exactly because I used to only use the drone for video. The devices I have tried are:

iPhone 7 Plus - iOS 12.1
iPad 5th Gen - iOS 11.4.1

I am using the side port with the included cable for the iPhone, and the back port with a lightning cable for the iPad. Both devices are not able to take photos. I am guessing this is a hardware issue either with the camera or the controller at this point.

Is there any way to bypass the remote controller or reassign the photo taking button on it? If the hard button was malfunctioning on the controller, would that cause the app to not take pictures?

Just now during testing, the drone did a take an automatic picture when first booting up using the iPhone, and that picture saved to the SD card. Then, when booting up the app on the iPad it did not take this automatic picture. I then tried turning everything off, booting up in this manner:

1) Power on drone and wait 30 seconds.
2) Power on controller and wait 30 seconds.
3) Open app on iPad.

No automatic photo was taken during this 3rd reboot, and I am still unable to trigger a picture myself. I also noticed tonight that there are two more of these "automatic" photos on the SD card, and they are dated 1/1/14. (January 1st 2014). One of these photos is from tonight's testing, and one is from the night I started this post.

Videos are still working fine, and are dated correctly.

2019-1-7
Use props
dreamhouse
lvl.1
United States

So, upon further testing, I can get the drone to take an automatic photo when the app is first opened up ONLY if the drone has been rebooted first. So, if I shut everything off, power the drone on, then the RC, then the app, it will take a photo and date it "1/1/14". It does this on my iPhone 7 Plus (iOS 12.1), my wife's iPhone 7 Plus (iOS 12.1.2), and my iPad 5th Gen (iOS 11.4.1).

If the drone has not been restarted, but I close the app and plus in a different device, it will try to take that automatic photo (I hear the shutter sound) but nothing appears on the SD card. The first photo will only work if the drone has been restarted first. So, the mechanics of the camera seem to be working fine (focus, photo taking, gimbal movement, etc.). I am still not able to use the photo button on the RC with any device, and the date of the initial photos is wrong.

When taking video, the video is stored on the SD card and the correct date is shown.

I've attached a photo of the Playback screen. The bottom row is all of the automatic boot up photos from tonight's testing, except the first one on the left which is from the other night when I made this post.

2019-1-7
Use props
dreamhouse
lvl.1
United States

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 1-5 19:51
What phone u using? That happened to me before. Worked fine , then it didn’t, tried a family members pad and phone it worked fine. Hope this helps

Replied with the specs of each device I'm trying above, but I just wanted to see if it ended up working again on your own phone? Did you have to do anything special?

I use this for work, and this is killing me.
2019-1-8
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Try using bottom port on controller with the cable from your phone, not the cable supplied with your drone.

Missed the part you've tried bottom port, my bad.
2019-1-8
Use props
dreamhouse
lvl.1
United States

M2Wair Posted at 1-8 09:48
Try using bottom port on controller with the cable from your phone, not the cable supplied with your drone.

I've used the side port for both phones I tested, and the bottom port for all 3 devices. Same results.
2019-1-8
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Have you uninstalled go4 and reinstalled it?

Last time I had a similar problem doing a uninstall and reinstall fixed it.

Sucks being a work drone so hope you get this resolved really quickly
2019-1-8
Use props
dreamhouse
lvl.1
United States

M2Wair Posted at 1-8 09:59
Have you uninstalled go4 and reinstalled it?

Last time I had a similar problem doing a uninstall and reinstall fixed it.

App was freshly installed on my wife's phone, with no change. Didn't see a point in reinstalling it on all 3 devices since it doesn't seem like the app in the issue here.

I guess I'm not one of the lucky ones who will get a response from DJI in here?
2019-1-9
Use props
M2Wair
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dreamhouse Posted at 1-9 12:17
App was freshly installed on my wife's phone, with no change. Didn't see a point in reinstalling it on all 3 devices since it doesn't seem like the app in the issue here.

I guess I'm not one of the lucky ones who will get a response from DJI in here?

I would open a support ticket and get it sent for repairs, seems like you've tired everything. Hope this is resolved quickly for you.
2019-1-9
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Try refreshing your firmware -- that's fixed the problem for me in the past.
2019-1-9
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

dreamhouse Posted at 1-9 12:17
App was freshly installed on my wife's phone, with no change. Didn't see a point in reinstalling it on all 3 devices since it doesn't seem like the app in the issue here.

I guess I'm not one of the lucky ones who will get a response from DJI in here?

Your third response was from DJI.
2019-1-9
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
Captain
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

dreamhouse Posted at 1-8 09:26
Replied with the specs of each device I'm trying above, but I just wanted to see if it ended up working again on your own phone? Did you have to do anything special?

I use this for work, and this is killing me.

No buddy. Sorry to say, once I got that black screen , it was no more for my phone. Sparaticly I update my go4 on android hoping but no. For now i am pad only
2019-1-15
Use props
dreamhouse
lvl.1
United States

GroTToFlyeR Posted at 1-15 18:24
No buddy. Sorry to say, once I got that black screen , it was no more for my phone. Sparaticly I update my go4 on android hoping but no. For now i am pad only

I'm not getting a black screen, and this is happening on 3 different devices. It's not the phone.
2019-1-24
Use props
Bob Brown
Captain
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 1-9 13:23
Try refreshing your firmware -- that's fixed the problem for me in the past.

Agreed. I would re-flash the drone FW.
2019-1-24
Use props
Shopguy10
New
Flight distance : 189606 ft
United States

dreamhouse Posted at 1-24 06:59
I'm not getting a black screen, and this is happening on 3 different devices. It's not the phone.

I am having the exact same problem!  I mean exactly!  Have you had any luck fixing this problem? I had a job shooting aerial photos for a wedding and that’s when I found out my mavic decided to take one photo at start up and then store none of the pictures I took during the wedding. It makes the sound like it’s taking pictures when I use the screen trigger but it doesn’t store any pictures on Sd or internally. The photo button does nothing at this point either. Lost tons of money and thoroughly disappointed the wedding party. Please let me know if you find a fix.
2019-6-18
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Captain
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried another cable?  Someone might have asked that already, and if so, my apologies.
2019-6-19
Use props
Marten_Skallena
New
Flight distance : 51175 ft
Norway

Hi,  I am having the exact same problem.  Video works fine, bute the drone wont shoot any pictures; neighter from the Controller nor the App.  :-(    Any sugestions out there?

Thanks!
2019-7-7
Use props
MauriceMavic
New
Netherlands

I had the same problem, newest firmware, reinstalled DJI Go 4 app, formatting SD card and internal storage: no results.
Eventually I used 'Reset Camera Settings' in de photo settings and after that everything worked fine again.
Hopefully this helps others as well.
2019-7-13
Use props
Gazmg
First Officer
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

Another thread........

go 4 app version 4.3.14 aircraft version 01.00.0300 remote 01.00.0300 Was able to get the camera button working again
2019-7-13
Use props
Kelvecion
New
United Kingdom

Just got the same problem. Hitting the shutter button either on screen or receiver returns the shutter sound but no image is taken. I went into settings and reset the 'Camera Settings' This solved the problem and all's back to normal.
2019-8-14
Use props
mawardibahar
New

Malaysia

Same issue just happen to me since yesterday. Before that all smooth, everthing perfect..

I used huawei p30 pro, and since updating dji apps, this problem happen..

This issue just happen when i try to snap photo..
Video no problem at all.
2019-8-31
Use props
fans3e9d0ada
lvl.1
Flight distance : 775420 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Hi everyone! We had the same problem. There's a weird issue, the photo button on the app shows a different symbol if you don't choose the right shooting mode. And that weird symbol does nothing. You need to select what type of photograph you want to shoot (single, HDR, Bracketing, etc...) We didn't so we encountered this issue just like you did. Once selected, it worked well.

Hope it works for you!
2019-11-18
Use props
DemonCry
New
Flight distance : 444242 ft

Bulgaria

Had the same issue with Mavic 2 Zoom. 'Reset Camera Settings' fixed it, so thanks for the tip!
2020-1-19
Use props
Beefydude
lvl.1
Flight distance : 70335 ft
  • >>>
United States

MauriceMavic Posted at 2019-7-13 02:15
I had the same problem, newest firmware, reinstalled DJI Go 4 app, formatting SD card and internal storage: no results.
Eventually I used 'Reset Camera Settings' in de photo settings and after that everything worked fine again.
Hopefully this helps others as well.

Thank u ... you are awesome

Saved me a lot of pain
2020-6-3
Use props
technomage1618
lvl.1
United States

I tried resetting camera setting multiple times, and choosing different photo formats. It hasn't helped so far. Any other suggestions?
2020-10-27
Use props
fansf0a89141
Flight distance : 17470771 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I've come to the conclusion that dji has dropped the ball on their quality control I will be looking for another brand as I can't keep three mavics in the air I'm getting motor failures camera failures withing about a month of each other it's a joke.
2021-4-6
Use props
AlisaJ21
lvl.1

India

fansf0a89141 Posted at 2021-4-6 22:10
I've come to the conclusion that dji has dropped the ball on their quality control I will be looking for another brand as I can't keep three mavics in the air I'm getting motor failures camera failures withing about a month of each other it's a joke.

I can tell you what worked for me, what i did was this try the following steps to resolve the problem:-
1. Restart Snapchat:-
  -Close the Snapchat app completely and then reopen it. Sometimes, restarting the app can resolve
    temporary glitches.
2. Restart Your iPhone:-
  -If restarting the app doesn't work, try restarting your iPhone. This can help refresh system processes
   and resolve minor issues.
3. Update Snapchat:-
  -Make sure that you have the latest version of Snapchat installed from the App Store. Developers
   often release updates to address bugs and improve compatibility.
4. Check App Permissions:-
  -Open the Snapchat app and go to your profile by tapping on your Bitmoji or the ghost icon in the top
   left corner.
  -Tap on the gear icon in the top right to access the settings.
  -Scroll down and select "Privacy."
  -Under "Who Can..." find and tap on "See My Story" and make sure it's set to either "Everyone" or "My
   Friends."
  -Also, check "Contact Me" to ensure that it's set to an appropriate option.
5. Reinstall Snapchat:-
  -Delete the Snapchat app from your iPhone.
  -Go to the App Store and reinstall Snapchat.
  -Open the app and log in to see if the camera access issue is resolved.
6. Check iOS Settings:-
  -Go to your iPhone's "Settings."
  -Scroll down and tap on "Snapchat."
  -Make sure that the toggle next to "Camera" is enabled.
7. Contact Snapchat Support:-
  -If none of the above steps work, you may need to reach out to Snapchat support for further
   assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on your account and device details.

By going through these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and resolve the issue with Snapchat not having access to the camera on your iPhone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnlDefAeGXY&ab_channel=TheGeekPage
1-23 00:59
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules