Osmo Pocket doesn't work with Pixel 2 XL
4658 18 2019-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Seanyappleseed
New
Malaysia

Exactly as title says, the Osmo Pocket or more specifically the Mimo App does not work with the Pixel 2 XL despite it being listed as a phone that works with the Osmo Pocket.
I have the latest update of the app and the latest android firmware. If I use the attachment to plug the osmo into my Pixel the phone sees the Osmo as it begins using it to charge, but the app does not open. Further, if I manually open the app when the Osmo is plugged in nothing happens as the app does not interact with the Osmo at all. I know the Osmo is not defective as I can use my friends' phones to interact with it, it just simply does not work with Pixels.

I have contacted DJI support about this and they have done nothing to help except say "we will check with our engineers and get back to you". Would appreciate an answer to how to make this product work so I can use it for its intended purpose instead of as an expensive paperweight.
2019-1-5
Use props
kilxler
lvl.1
United States

Your statement is false. I have a Pixel 2 XL and works just fine. 0 issues. Try reinstalling the app or checking your USB settings on the phone. I've recorded a ton of things on my Pocket attached to the Pixel 2 XL.
2019-1-6
Use props
djiuser_jIhUm9ODU1kd
lvl.1
United States

kilxler Posted at 1-6 05:35
Your statement is false. I have a Pixel 2 XL and works just fine. 0 issues. Try reinstalling the app or checking your USB settings on the phone. I've recorded a ton of things on my Pocket attached to the Pixel 2 XL.

I'm having the same issues he is having with my pixel 2 XL, it worked when I first got it and since it has failed to connect. I deleted the app, Rebooted and reinstalled it.. It worked for a second and then stopped.. it will not connect anymore
2019-1-6
Use props
kilxler
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_jIhUm9ODU1kd Posted at 1-6 11:06
I'm having the same issues he is having with my pixel 2 XL, it worked when I first got it and since it has failed to connect. I deleted the app, Rebooted and reinstalled it.. It worked for a second and then stopped.. it will not connect anymore

What kind of cases so you guys have? I've seen similar complaints with thicker cases not connecting correctly. I have a super thin TPU type case. Try removing your case first before connecting it to make sure that's not it. Also check USB presences. You can search for that in the top bar in settings. Make sure your Osmo Pocket is connected after you are in the USB preference settings. Hope this helps.
2019-1-6
Use props
djiuser_omGyMndh1TDH
lvl.1
United States

My wife has a Pixel 2 standard and her case was preventing the adapted from fully seating in the USC C port.
2019-1-9
Use props
PocketShootr
New
United States

Same here. DJI sent me a replacement Osmo. Same thing. Won't activate. Pixel 2XL doesn't recognize it. I made a video showing this: https://youtu.be/BCrEDGWwngw I am asking for a refund.
2019-1-20
Use props
NoëI
lvl.4

Netherlands

PocketShootr Posted at 1-20 04:22
Same here. DJI sent me a replacement Osmo. Same thing. Won't activate. Pixel 2XL doesn't recognize it. I made a video showing this: https://youtu.be/BCrEDGWwngw I am asking for a refund.

David. Close the MIMO app, and connect the OP with the phone. Power on the OP and see if the MIMO app will start.
2019-1-20
Use props
Adam9997
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2608901 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your statement is false. I have a Pixel 2 XL and works just fine. 0 issues. Try reinstalling the app or checking your USB settings on the phone. I've recorded a ton of things on my Pocket attached to the Pixel 2 XL.

I too have Pixel 2 XL and use OP without issues.
2019-1-20
Use props
Kaleidoscope74
lvl.2
Flight distance : 977500 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

My Pixel 2 XL with Android 9 OS doesn't connect with the WiFi Module. The screen where it asks if you want to connect with the USB-C port or with bluetooth (Wifi Module) shows up but when I choose the  bluetooth module it won't connect to the server after I accepted access. VERY annoying and strange. No issue with the iPad 4 Mini and the WiFi Module.
2019-1-27
Use props
rnazitto
lvl.1
United States

Mine works
2019-1-27
Use props
rnazitto
lvl.1
United States

Kaleidoscope74 Posted at 1-27 10:05
My Pixel 2 XL with Android 9 OS doesn't connect with the WiFi Module. The screen where it asks if you want to connect with the USB-C port or with bluetooth (Wifi Module) shows up but when I choose the  bluetooth module it won't connect to the server after I accepted access. VERY annoying and strange. No issue with the iPad 4 Mini and the WiFi Module.

Go to your Wifi settings, click on the Osmo wireless wifi, when it asks you if you want to stay connected with no internet say yes, then it will prompt you for the password being 12341234. and then you are connected.
2019-1-27
Use props
rnazitto
lvl.1
United States

Kaleidoscope74 Posted at 1-27 10:05

Go to your Wifi settings, click on the Osmo wireless wifi, when it asks you if you want to stay connected with no internet say yes, then it will prompt you for the password being 12341234. and then you are connected.
2019-1-27
Use props
fans05fc6b90
lvl.1
United States

I am having the same issue.  The problem is not the case as I don't have a case on the phone.  If I rotate the phone so that it is facing away from the pocket screen, the app recognizes it.  Not a useful way of using the app though.
2019-1-29
Use props
Kaleidoscope74
lvl.2
Flight distance : 977500 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

rnazitto Posted at 1-27 12:00

Thanks for your reply but still no luck here. I could set the wifi frequency to 2.4 Ghz (I think it was) and connect to the osmo pocket network but when I am on the screen to choose between the direct connect with usb-c or WiFi and click the blue Wifi 'Connect' it quickly shows 3 loading dots but jumps back to the same two choices (direct connect or wifi) it never shows 'connected' like it does with my ipad mini 4. Still annoing as I thought the recent update would help.
2019-1-31
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans05fc6b90 Posted at 1-29 21:14
I am having the same issue.  The problem is not the case as I don't have a case on the phone.  If I rotate the phone so that it is facing away from the pocket screen, the app recognizes it.  Not a useful way of using the app though.

Sounds like you may have a defective adapter. Have you tried using a USB-C cable from the OP's USB-C port to your phone?
2019-2-1
Use props
Armee
lvl.1
Netherlands

Osmo Action / Mimo app is incompatible with pixel 2 xl, it is never going to make a working connection.
Resetting phone/restart phone/ reinstall osmo Mimo app, nothing is going to fix this.

Use a Iphone or any other supported Android, a pixel 2 xl is never going to work!

Iphone a working connection under 5 sec.

Nexus 5 a working connection under 7 sec.

Pixel 2 xl only fault code and no working connection.

2019-12-4
Use props
fanse1915844
New
United States

I have a pixel 2 XL and it won't connect to my osmo pocket. I'm given a verification code on my phone but nothing on the osmo pocket device. What is the solution? I've tried re-installing the app.
2019-12-14
Use props
John Walker
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I wish I'd seen this thread before I purchased a Pixel 2 XL.   Not only is my OP not seeing it, my PC doesn't see it either.  On searching the internet this seems to be a widespread problem with this phone.  Seems to have happened with Android 10.
I've tried all the 'fixes' suggested.  Different PC's, cables etc.  Tried connecting from the bottom OP port.   All without success.
Any new suggestions?
2020-7-19
Use props
HM_prime
New
India

I wished I had checked this before buying the Osmo Pocket. It registered and activated the first time around through my Pixel 2. And Mimo app refuses to detect the Osmo Pocket thereon. The device itself is working fine and I checked the Mimo App functionality with the help of my wife's IPhone X. It working seamless there. Is there any solution for this Mimo/ Osmo Pocket connectivity issue with Pixel 2?
2020-11-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules