Mavic air battery not charging. Battery Hub shows red color.
36181 28 2019-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TechVoyager
lvl.4
Flight distance : 170030 ft
India

Hello friends,
Some of you might remember, few months back I lost my mavic air over a hill top due to high winds and later it got stolen by someone who picked it up from the crash site. Now after 3 months, luckily i got a call from someone who found the drone (long story). The battery is dead for a good 3 months now. No leds were glowing on the battery. When i connected the battery to the hub, the hub shows solid red color. I left the battery on the hub for 2 hrs but no change in behavior. The battery externally looks undamaged, no bulging, no cracks or scratches. Is there a fix for this battery issue? Did the battery died? Please suggest what should I do now? Any solutions for this problem?
Thanks.
2019-1-5
Use props
Skeeter Honey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1032569 ft
United States

It probably drained to zero which is not good for a lipo.  I'd consider it the cost of getting your drone back and just get a new one.
2019-1-5
Use props
djiuser_kZ5bbMtqlRWA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8868 ft
United States

Skeeter Honey Posted at 1-5 23:06
It probably drained to zero which is not good for a lipo.  I'd consider it the cost of getting your drone back and just get a new one.

I race rc cars and use 2 cell lipos with a voltage cutoff at 3.2 volts per cell on my esc, lipos do not like being fully discharged, there is a way to maybe get it to come back but you have to use a vefy low wattage charge to boost the cell up past 3.2 volts so you will need to buy a battery charger with adjustsble amp/ voltage. And it doesnt always work i would just invest in a new battery
2019-1-6
Use props
TechVoyager
lvl.4
India

Guys, plz respond.. Anyone from Dji can you please suggest what needs to be done?
2019-1-6
Use props
ShadyDealer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Purchase another new battery, that's what you need to do. Luckily the cost of that is less than replacing the whole the drone!
2019-1-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day TechVoyager. Thank you for sharing this information with us today and I am sorry for the late response. I would recommend to contact the DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support to report the issue and for additional help on both on the recovered drone and with the battery issue. Thank you.
2019-1-6
Use props
fans86729990
New
United Kingdom

Hi,

I had an issue yesterday where my Mavic Air battery when from 53% to 0% and did a auto land - lucky it was beside me and landed safety.

I can't create my own thread due to forum rules but what do I do for someone to check out what happened and what caused it - I haven't used that battery since and its only had 4 recharges and the drone is new,
2019-1-6
Use props
TechVoyager
lvl.4
India

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-6 08:58
Hello and good day TechVoyager. Thank you for sharing this information with us today and I am sorry for the late response. I would recommend to contact the DJI support at https://www.dji.com/support to report the issue and for additional help on both on the recovered drone and with the battery issue. Thank you.

Hi DJI stephen,

Thanks for the response. I had already sent a mail to support, but didnt receive any response from them yet. If you can help me by forwarding this info to the technical support team, then thats very helpful. Thanks.
2019-1-7
Use props
TechVoyager
lvl.4
India

I dont understand why DJI gives such generic , not-so-helpful information everytime when we ask for support.
DJI email response:

Hi Dinesh,
Thank you for contacting DJI technical support. We are sorry to hear about the accident of your aircraft. Let me assist you.
It's regretful to inform you that we can no longer revive a battery most specially in your case. Possibilities are the battery most likely got wet. There are a lot of factors that might happened to it as well. Kindly let me know if you need further assistance. Thanks for your support. Have a nice day!

No suggestions, No tests, No workarounds....Direct message - Its damaged. WoW!!
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans86729990 Posted at 1-6 09:42
Hi,

I had an issue yesterday where my Mavic Air battery when from 53% to 0% and did a auto land - lucky it was beside me and landed safety.

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble, with regards to that Kindly provide the serial number of the battery and Please Sync the Flight records as well the day that incident happened.
2019-1-9
Use props
djiuser_WszRsgJsq7mA
New
Sweden

Hi I just bought a Maverick Air Combo and when charging the batteries for the first time 2 charged ok but the third does not want to charge and the station shows red light. This is not even used once!!
Will have to take another trip back to the store I guess . Anyone with the same problem ??
2019-8-4
Use props
ethanellan
New

India

You can contact a Best Buy Total Tech Support number +1(888)383-7303 to repair your battery issue quickly. You can also call them to repair or services anything!
2019-8-20
Use props
Fabio E
lvl.1

Colombia

Tengo el mismo problema con baterias de un Ronin M. Las dos incluidas en la compra del aparato no cargan, adquiri dos más y presentan el mismo problemas. Ya se verifico el cargador y no tiene ningun problema
2019-10-22
Use props
fans32168302
New
United States

This just happened to my batteries also. It went from 70% in the sky to 0 And auto landed. Now it wouldn't charge or come on at all.
2019-10-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans32168302 Posted at 10-27 11:40
This just happened to my batteries also. It went from 70% in the sky to 0 And auto landed. Now it wouldn't charge or come on at all.

Sorry to read the issue. Just to verify, has the drone or battery been damaged in the flight? If yes, you may start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2019-10-28
Use props
Shutter_Shocked
New

United States

So all three of my batteries are dead and not even lighting up. I used them once when I first received the drone as a gift (fly more combo), and they sat safely in their case since then. If this can't be resolved without a purchase then I'm afraid this will be the last DJI product I'll own (I was eyeing the ronin). Imagine dealing with something like that in front of a client!
2020-7-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Shutter_Shocked Posted at 7-24 21:21
So all three of my batteries are dead and not even lighting up. I used them once when I first received the drone as a gift (fly more combo), and they sat safely in their case since then. If this can't be resolved without a purchase then I'm afraid this will be the last DJI product I'll own (I was eyeing the ronin). Imagine dealing with something like that in front of a client!

Sorry for the trouble with the batteries, how long have you stored the battery without charging? When did you purchase them?
2020-7-25
Use props
Shutter_Shocked
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-25 03:05
Sorry for the trouble with the batteries, how long have you stored the battery without charging? When did you purchase them?

I don't know the exact date, but it's definitely more than the warranty and enough to drain fully. Maybe close to a year? I wish I had spent more time messing with it, but I hadn't heard of this issue yet. All of my other camera gear works fine even after some shelf time.
2020-7-27
Use props
dtzy
New

Ukraine

same issue 60% battery to 0% and no charging
2021-2-2
Use props
maihem.rc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

Shutter_Shocked Posted at 2020-7-24 21:21
So all three of my batteries are dead and not even lighting up. I used them once when I first received the drone as a gift (fly more combo), and they sat safely in their case since then. If this can't be resolved without a purchase then I'm afraid this will be the last DJI product I'll own (I was eyeing the ronin). Imagine dealing with something like that in front of a client!

Did you charge them after use or leave them discharged before sitting for around a year?
If they were left discharged, unfortunately, they are done.
2021-2-3
Use props
djiuser_15apCFEPK0sX
New

Sri Lanka

Yesterday i used the drone until the battery was fully used, n after i tried to recharge it, the light is fixed on red for hours now indicating that it haven’t charged yet. Buying a new one is out of the options as it costs too much than what i can afford now. Is there any way i can return this.
2021-4-23
Use props
djiuser_15apCFEPK0sX
New

Sri Lanka

Yesterday i used the drone until the battery was fully used, n after i tried to recharge it, the light is fixed on red for hours now indicating that it haven’t charged yet. Buying a new one is out of the options as it costs too much than what i can afford now. Is there any way i can return this.
2021-4-23
Use props
Jadeye
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10646 ft

Hungary

Yesterday I tried recharging my three batteries. Only two of them did charge, the third one doesn't even light up any of the LEDs. All of them were used and put in to storage the same way, so I don't understand why only one of them simply doesn't even respond to charging. I know that Li-cells don't like to be fully discharged, but its electronics should prevent that in the first place, and as I mentioned, all three were put to storage the same way. And even though the cells itselves may be over-discharged, shouldn't its internal electronics give me any indication when connected to the charger, like blinking an error code or anything?
This is battery type PB1-2375mAh-11.55V for Mavic Air 1 and I use the AC power adapter P1C50.
2021-5-5
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
United Kingdom

I bought my mavic air when it was first released, + 4 batteries used it a few times then stuck it in the draw, lost interest in flying it but I've always charged the batteries every three months and let them do their own thing and they still show a full charge when I last charged them two weeks ago....
2021-5-10
Use props
adso85swe
New
Sweden

Same issue here, all my three batteries from the fly combo pack are probably dead, showing a red light on the charging hub when trying to charge them, and the green LEDs on the battery itself does not come on when pushing the on/off button. I had 1-2 green dots of charge (25-50%) before leaving the batteries unused for roughly one year due to other interests taking up more time. It’s a quite bad electronics design if you have to maintenance charge the batteries several times a year. The safety PCB is consuming way too much current and this is most likely what selfdischarges the battery, because the pure chemical self discharge rate of LiPos is very low, around 1% per year. It’s ironic that the electronics that are meant to keep the battery safe is what over discharge the battery due to the power consumption from the surveillance activity. DJI should have designed a hibernation mode that is entered around 20% SOC with low energy consumption that is actually possible to get out from by a slow charging process. I never owned any other type of electronic equipment that gets irreversibly locked already after one year of no use, especially not this expensive electronics. Very, very bad design of the safety electronics DJI.
I will try one more thing, and that is to leave the batteries on the hub charger for a few days. Because the hub is alternating the red light with occasional short bursts of green light, and I hope that this is some kind of slow charging mode to get out from the hibernation. If so, I will take my abovementioned comments back.
2021-7-12
Use props
Granite_dd
New

United States

Received my Mavic Air as a gift. Flew it once. Now has been sitting around for close to 4 months. Tried to charge the batteries. Nothing. No LEDs, no charge after hours on charger, absolutely nothing. This DJI drone may well be the worst gift I have ever received. What junk!
2022-3-15
Use props
djiuser_FZ0UiNaAjWfI
New

United States

My cousin gave me his and he had 6 batteries. He rarely used it. The batteries were brand new and barely used but had not been used for a while. I tried charging it but nothing charges at all. None of the 6 batteries even lights up. Each battery is like 200 dollars. Why would I buy more batteries if the technology is so bad. I wanted to get my drone for myself but after this encounter I dont thinkni will. To have batteries that don't and are expensive is crazy. I emailed dji but they told me to send a video. The video files are to large to send by email. I dont think I will ever buy dji and hope no1 else does.
2022-5-27
Use props
DeafMacBoi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7848 ft

United States

djiuser_FZ0UiNaAjWfI Posted at 5-27 21:49
My cousin gave me his and he had 6 batteries. He rarely used it. The batteries were brand new and barely used but had not been used for a while. I tried charging it but nothing charges at all. None of the 6 batteries even lights up. Each battery is like 200 dollars. Why would I buy more batteries if the technology is so bad. I wanted to get my drone for myself but after this encounter I dont thinkni will. To have batteries that don't and are expensive is crazy. I emailed dji but they told me to send a video. The video files are to large to send by email. I dont think I will ever buy dji and hope no1 else does.

File is too large? Maybe you are using 4K video format? Try 720 or 1080p video and shoot less than 10 minutes.
2022-5-28
Use props
djiuser_098W2GyeaLNc
New

United States

adso85swe Posted at 2021-7-12 14:12
Same issue here, all my three batteries from the fly combo pack are probably dead, showing a red light on the charging hub when trying to charge them, and the green LEDs on the battery itself does not come on when pushing the on/off button. I had 1-2 green dots of charge (25-50%) before leaving the batteries unused for roughly one year due to other interests taking up more time. It’s a quite bad electronics design if you have to maintenance charge the batteries several times a year. The safety PCB is consuming way too much current and this is most likely what selfdischarges the battery, because the pure chemical self discharge rate of LiPos is very low, around 1% per year. It’s ironic that the electronics that are meant to keep the battery safe is what over discharge the battery due to the power consumption from the surveillance activity. DJI should have designed a hibernation mode that is entered around 20% SOC with low energy consumption that is actually possible to get out from by a slow charging process. I never owned any other type of electronic equipment that gets irreversibly locked already after one year of no use, especially not this expensive electronics. Very, very bad design of the safety electronics DJI.
I will try one more thing, and that is to leave the batteries on the hub charger for a few days. Because the hub is alternating the red light with occasional short bursts of green light, and I hope that this is some kind of slow charging mode to get out from the hibernation. If so, I will take my abovementioned comments back.

did that work for you?
2023-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules