Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Compass Calibration
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeromac
lvl.1

United States

Just down loaded the lates 1/6/19 firmware for both the Mavic Air and the Controller.  Having trouble doing a compass calibration. Noticed the the printed manual shows one was and the rc remote during a compass re-calibration shows the vertical as a different configuration during rotation. Which one is right?
2019-1-6
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Either way is okay. Most people point the nose of the aircraft down toward the ground.
2019-1-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

Prior to loading 1/6/19 firmware, had you Calibrated Mavic Air compass without problems?

Make sure you are not wearing or have on you any ferrous metal or magnetic object, like a watch, steel bracelet, etc.

Make sure you are at least 10-meters away from any source of magnetic interference.  I tend to go for empty field that does not have any metal pipes below ground or power lines running above.  
2019-1-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Aeromac. i am sorry to know that you are having issues in calibrating the compass of your DJI Mavic Air. Let me provide you additional requirements for proper compass calibration. Do not calibrate your compass where there is a chance of strong magnetic interference, such as magnetite, parking structures, or steel reinforcements underground. Do not carry ferromagnetic materials with you during calibration, such as keys or cellular phones. Do not calibrate beside large metal objects. I hope these helps. Thank you.
2019-1-6
Use props
Aeromac
lvl.1

United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-6 13:26
Prior to loading 1/6/19 firmware, had you Calibrated Mavic Air compass without problems?

Make sure you are not wearing or have on you any ferrous metal or magnetic object, like a watch, steel bracelet, etc.

I had no problems before the latest update that I just did today. But I do have a samsung g3 watch on the hand I'm holding it with. Ill try it with my watch off. I'm not sure why we need the compass when we have GPS which is more accurate.
2019-1-6
Use props
Boffin
First Officer
Australia

Aeromac Posted at 1-6 19:05
I had no problems before the latest update that I just did today. But I do have a samsung g3 watch on the hand I'm holding it with. Ill try it with my watch off. I'm not sure why we need the compass when we have GPS which is more accurate.

GPS can tell your bird where it is but it requires a compass to know which way it's pointing.

Yep, loose the watch, even my dog-tags messed with my first compass calibration attempt
2019-1-6
Use props
Eclair29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 306499 ft
Vietnam

msinger Posted at 1-6 12:30
Either way is okay. Most people point the nose of the aircraft down toward the ground.

There are many different technics on You Tube.
Some make it rotate on its own axis, some hold the Mavic at arm length and rotate along.
Some take it sideways, or nose down
By the way, is the gimbal on the nose for you? because some will say point the nose down and they actually have the gimbal up...
Really confused. A DJI video tutorial on how we are supposed to do would be welcome!!
2019-1-8
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Eclair29 Posted at 1-8 05:44
There are many different technics on You Tube.
Some make it rotate on its own axis, some hold the Mavic at arm length and rotate along.
Some take it sideways, or nose down

This video shows how most people position DJI drones when calibrating the compass:

2019-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules