Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery surprise shows full charge but will not boot.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brent Turner
lvl.3
United States

I thought I maintained my batteries by the book. I have 4 and recently have encountered a slow period of flying on progress jobs due to weather. I have discharged them as is recommended. I recharged for some work but it was placed on hold last week. Today I thought I better test the batteries and drone before some work this coming week. I discovered 2 will not power up in the drone even though the green lights come on. The other 2 show that they have auto discharged to half power. So, what must be done to bring the two that show they are charged but will not power up?  I have started charging the 2 that auto discharged to see if they are suffering the same issue. My P4 pro is just a year old and I treat it and all batteries with professional care. This is the first battery complication I've run into. I do switch out the batteries so they are used evenly.Thanks for any attention provided, it is appreciated.
2019-1-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Not sure what you mean by "I have discharged them as is recommended."  The rest of the paragraph confuses me.  Can you be more specific?  
2019-1-6
Use props
Brent Turner
lvl.3
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 1-6 12:41
Not sure what you mean by "I have discharged them as is recommended."  The rest of the paragraph confuses me.  Can you be more specific?

From the many resources on DJI products, I understood that it is NOT helpful to charge batteries then not use them. I have set the batteries to discharge automatically after 5 days. It's been a year and this practice seems to keep the batteries functioning well and all charge up to 100%. Between weather and holidays, I have not flown. I guess the saying "use or lose it" comes to mind. I have a job in a couple of days and when charging and testing the gear today to make sure all is a go, I discovered this glitch with 2 of the batteries I changed 3 days ago. I plugged what was a charged battery into the aircraft switched on the controller then pushed to button on the battery. The green lights came on but the aircraft did not boot up. I checked all aspects over and over again in the starting of the aircraft. The 3rd battery worked and the flight went well. Currently, all batteries are in the process of charging. I'm looking for some insight to learn if others have encountered this issue and how it was resolved. Thanks
2019-1-6
Use props
Brent Turner
lvl.3
United States

I came across a thread on Batteries here. I never knew they were required to be updated. How would one go about this process? Do I need to change the entire firmware? I'm happy with my current firmware.
2019-1-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

Brent Turner Posted at 1-6 13:35
From the many resources on DJI products, I understood that it is NOT helpful to charge batteries then not use them. I have set the batteries to discharge automatically after 5 days. It's been a year and this practice seems to keep the batteries functioning well and all charge up to 100%. Between weather and holidays, I have not flown. I guess the saying "use or lose it" comes to mind. I have a job in a couple of days and when charging and testing the gear today to make sure all is a go, I discovered this glitch with 2 of the batteries I changed 3 days ago. I plugged what was a charged battery into the aircraft switched on the controller then pushed to button on the battery. The green lights came on but the aircraft did not boot up. I checked all aspects over and over again in the starting of the aircraft. The 3rd battery worked and the flight went well. Currently, all batteries are in the process of charging. I'm looking for some insight to learn if others have encountered this issue and how it was resolved. Thanks

I discovered this glitch with 2 of the batteries I changed 3 days ago.

You wrote "changed."  You mean charged?  

Did you charge 2 batteries three days ago?  Or did you charge all 4 batteries 3 days ago?

I plugged what was a charged battery into the aircraft

Do you mean a fully charged battery?  Or A partially charged battery?  

The green lights came on.

What green lights?  Do you mean the green lights on the battery?  Do you mean the green lights on the rear lamps of the AC?  Or do you mean some other green lights such as the ones on the RC?  I have to assume you mean the green lights on the battery.  If so, how many green lights?  Were any of them blinking?  

Maybe it would be easier if you shot a video of the problem(s)...

2019-1-6
Use props
Brent Turner
lvl.3
United States

Sorry for the confusion. I'm referring to the lights on the batteries. Yes, the green lights blinked while I was pushing the button to fire up the drone. Holding 2 seconds and released, waited to hear the drone start then the lights went out. I repeated trying to reboot the battery. Finally, I turned off the remote. I pulled out the battery and check the connection points. plugged it in again, checked that it was tight, restarted the remote control then pushed the battery button to start, lights flashed released the button, drone did not start and lights went out.
2019-1-6
Use props
Mark The Droner
Captain
United States

Did you charge 2 batteries three days ago?  Or did you charge all 4 batteries 3 days ago?

I plugged what was a charged battery into the aircraft

Do you mean a fully charged battery?  Or A partially charged battery?

Are you certain the battery that did not boot the AC was a fully charged battery?  Let's define a fully charged battery.  A fully charged battery  is a battery that was very recently fully charged.  
2019-1-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Brent Turner Posted at 1-6 14:28
Sorry for the confusion. I'm referring to the lights on the batteries. Yes, the green lights blinked while I was pushing the button to fire up the drone. Holding 2 seconds and released, waited to hear the drone start then the lights went out. I repeated trying to reboot the battery. Finally, I turned off the remote. I pulled out the battery and check the connection points. plugged it in again, checked that it was tight, restarted the remote control then pushed the battery button to start, lights flashed released the button, drone did not start and lights went out.

'Holding 2 seconds and released, waited to hear the drone start then the lights went out.'

I wonder if you have forgotten how to switch the battery power on? From this statement it seems you might. You press the button once, very briefly and release, then press the button again and hold while the lights 'march across' then release.
2019-1-6
Use props
Brent Turner
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 1-6 16:31
'Holding 2 seconds and released, waited to hear the drone start then the lights went out.'

I wonder if you have forgotten how to switch the battery power on? From this statement it seems you might. You press the button once, very briefly and release, then press the button again and hold while the lights 'march across' then release.

I placed the 2 batteries in the charger for a while. I returned and removed them. I placed one in the drone and it performed as it should. Your comment on confusing the button pushing process might have been right. It was cold outside and I was cold and perhaps hurried to check the aircraft system. The final check was performed indoors. Thanks for your support here.
2019-1-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Double click and hold, for all systems go, Private...

Did you RTFM??  Please RTFM!! Haha

Report to the principal office, after class... Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2019-1-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules