How to improve Osmo Pocket Audio! (Tutorial)
13780 10 2019-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many have commented on our Osmo Pocket reviews that the audio in our videos was far better than in the videos of other reviewers, well this comes down to simple and basic video editing.
No matter where the audio source is coming from (SLR, microphone, mobile phone or Osmo Pocket), you always apply normalisation of volume and some EQ to the sound, this improves the quality and clarity. In this tutorial, we show you how!

If you don't yet have an Osmo Pocket, GRAB ONE HERE!

2019-1-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi and good day sergeant. Thank you for posting this tutorial video of the DJI Osmo Pocket. This will be a big help for all DJI Osmo Pocket owners. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-6
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.3
United States

I have been an audio engineer now for 33 years.The Osmo Pocket has great audio but I still in post tweak it's higher frequencies to get rid of the annoying higher sibilance.Takes me 2 seconds to do so.My high dollar dslr's take much longer.
2019-1-6
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Seeing this (well, haven't looked at the video itself but I will) reminds me of a little know utility called "The Levelator" - see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levelator for details.  You drop a wave file on the program icon and that's it - great for people who don't want anything more complex.  Only problem with video sound is that it needs to be in wave format first and also split from, and recombined with, the video first.  Still, might be of interest to someone somewhere.
2019-1-6
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Cool! Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Nice tutorial! Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-9
Use props
Skyjacker1
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Not a solution, it’s a bandade and doesn’t address needing to use a lav mic for narration. I wish dji would just release the friggin 3.5mm to usb-c connector! Like they said the were going to.
2019-2-28
Use props
markr041
lvl.3
United States

Skyjacker1 Posted at 2-28 16:57
Not a solution, it’s a bandade and doesn’t address needing to use a lav mic for narration. I wish dji would just release the friggin 3.5mm to usb-c connector! Like they said the were going to.

Audio is not just for narration of vlogging. Here is what the OP audio sounds like when recording live music. The audio was not equalized or normalized:

2019-3-1
Use props
betterfuturewe
lvl.1

Australia

I use iDealshare VideoGo to improve audio quality by click "Setting..." -> "Advanced Settings"-> "Advanced" tab to set audio bitrates, audio channel, audio codec, volume etc

2019-8-9
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Hmm... spam?
2019-8-9
Use props
Gelert
First Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft