Panoramic pics
3864 14 2019-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Navy 61
lvl.2
Canada

How do I transfert my panoramic pictures from mimo app to my computer.  When I'm transferring my pictures they're not included do I have to do that from the mimo app?

2019-1-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Navy 61. Thank you for the inquiry. If you are referring to the stitch photos that you have taken. This photos will be saved on the mobile device. You can check the gallery or the folder of the dji mimo app to see if the saved photos. If you have located the photos on the said location all you need to do is to plug the mobile device to your computer to transfer the photos look for the  DJI Mimo folder under DCIM. Please try this process and keep us posted on the result. Thank you.
2019-1-6
Use props
drkatherine1
lvl.2
United States

When I had my phone attached to the Osmo Pocket and looked at the photos....it asked me if I wanted to sync manually and I just pressed sync.  I found all the videos and photos from the Osmo on my phone which is automatically uploaded to the cloud. Then went to my laptop and they are there.
2019-1-6
Use props
Navy 61
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-6 15:08
Hello and good day Navy 61. Thank you for the inquiry. If you are referring to the stitch photos that you have taken. This photos will be saved on the mobile device. You can check the gallery or the folder of the dji mimo app to see if the saved photos. If you have located the photos on the said location all you need to do is to plug the mobile device to your computer to transfer the photos look for the  DJI Mimo folder under DCIM. Please try this process and keep us posted on the result. Thank you.

I see the pictures on my phone but they are unstitched. How do I stitch them back?
2019-1-7
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Navy 61 Posted at 1-7 13:47
I see the pictures on my phone but they are unstitched. How do I stitch them back?

Look for the free DJI Media Maker app for PC and Mac.
2019-1-7
Use props
FarangPilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1318976 ft

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-7 16:22

I tried stitching a few panoramas last night using the DJI Media Maker.
I was on a PC, somehow it seems that the PC version does not recognize DNG files, only jpg.
Is it the same on the Mac version?

I would like to be able to stitch my panos as high resolution.
2019-1-7
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

FarangPilot Posted at 1-7 18:56
I tried stitching a few panoramas last night using the DJI Media Maker.
I was on a PC, somehow it seems that the PC version does not recognize DNG files, only jpg.
Is it the same on the Mac version?

You will have to use something like photoshop and stitch each horizontal pan separately and save. Then turn each file 90 degrees and re-import to stitch each line of images again. This is still slightly easier to do than working with a DSLRs output, although with a DSLR you are not limited to three by three images.
Then again, you have to be really gifted to make the DNG output look better than the resulting jpgs straight from the camera.  If you have been heavily into stills post-processing this will not be a problem but I'm guessing you are not or you would know this. No disrespect but on photography forums, people get really disappointed when they can't make their raw files look better than the cameras jpg output. The output of a DNG file is no larger than the jpg. It is just easier to recover dynamic range, correct colour and adjust the amount of sharpness you need.  
2019-1-8
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-8 01:16
You will have to use something like photoshop and stitch each horizontal pan separately and save. Then turn each file 90 degrees and re-import to stitch each line of images again. This is still slightly easier to do than working with a DSLRs output, although with a DSLR you are not limited to three by three images.
Then again, you have to be really gifted to make the DNG output look better than the resulting jpgs straight from the camera.  If you have been heavily into stills post-processing this will not be a problem but I'm guessing you are not or you would know this. No disrespect but on photography forums, people get really disappointed when they can't make their raw files look better than the cameras jpg output. The output of a DNG file is no larger than the jpg. It is just easier to recover dynamic range, correct colour and adjust the amount of sharpness you need.

To get the real best from DNG, you have to shoot for DNG and this will mean the JPG out of camera will look rubbish, assuming you're using DNG because you are in a challenging shot with low light and/or high dynamic range, and not in good light with low DR/contrast shot. I'd guess if people in those forums are not able to beat the OOC JPG then they don't know how to use DNG to get the full dynamic range from the camera. For example, you'd use the histogram to shoot to the right, where you get the shot as light as possible without clipping the highlights and then reduce it back down in post. This would give the best possible details in the shadows without losing the highlights. BUT this would lead to a horrible JPG straight out the camera if it "developed" that DNG.

So IMO you can get much better output from DNG but you need to know where it best works. In unchallenging (good light, not too much DR) conditions the OOC JPG will be 90+% of what you could get from DNG. But in challenging conditions the DNG with a good amount of post will wipe the floor with OOC JPG.
2019-1-8
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Cameleon Posted at 1-8 02:46
To get the real best from DNG, you have to shoot for DNG and this will mean the JPG out of camera will look rubbish, assuming you're using DNG because you are in a challenging shot with low light and/or high dynamic range, and not in good light with low DR/contrast shot. I'd guess if people in those forums are not able to beat the OOC JPG then they don't know how to use DNG to get the full dynamic range from the camera. For example, you'd use the histogram to shoot to the right, where you get the shot as light as possible without clipping the highlights and then reduce it back down in post. This would give the best possible details in the shadows without losing the highlights. BUT this would lead to a horrible JPG straight out the camera if it "developed" that DNG.

So IMO you can get much better output from DNG but you need to know where it best works. In unchallenging (good light, not too much DR) conditions the OOC JPG will be 90+% of what you could get from DNG. But in challenging conditions the DNG with a good amount of post will wipe the floor with OOC JPG.

That was my point. A lot of people will be shooting jpg+raw without understanding why and just expecting the raw output to be better.
2019-1-8
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-8 02:57
That was my point. A lot of people will be shooting jpg+raw without understanding why and just expecting the raw output to be better.

Yup, see it all the time. Mostly because people are not shooting in challenging conditions or shooting to use RAW/DNG to their full. I took your comment about saying its not got much more to offer to mean that there is no point using it. But I assume you actually meant that applies for those that don't have the time or want to learn how to use RAW properly, rather than in general. Which I do agree, it probably applies to the vast majority of people out there
2019-1-8
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Cameleon Posted at 1-8 05:53
Yup, see it all the time. Mostly because people are not shooting in challenging conditions or shooting to use RAW/DNG to their full. I took your comment about saying its not got much more to offer to mean that there is no point using it. But I assume you actually meant that applies for those that don't have the time or want to learn how to use RAW properly, rather than in general. Which I do agree, it probably applies to the vast majority of people out there

Yup.  
That was my point entirely. Thank you for putting it more succinctly. There are miracles to be had with the Osmo Pocket for its size, but perhaps not without a bit of work and know-how. The amount of work this feature itself is saving me from not having to cope with wider angled DSLR lens post-production or post correcting manual pannings has been a great time saver for me personally. The way it holds vertical subjects close to the edges of a frame is just something I'm finding close to miraculous despite its height off of the ground. It may not cope with all of the shots I take (Groups of people for instance) but there are an awful lot of situations that it can cope with.
2019-1-8
Use props
Navy 61
lvl.2
Canada

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-7 16:22

Thank you very much. I will try that tomorrow and let you know.
2019-1-8
Use props
Navy 61
lvl.2
Canada

Navy 61 Posted at 1-8 14:07
Thank you very much. I will try that tomorrow and let you know.

I downloaded the DJI Media Maker and this is great, it stitched them back and I can now save it.
What a great feature from Osmo Pocket
2019-1-8
Use props
Lyagukh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68179 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-8 12:42
Yup.  
That was my point entirely. Thank you for putting it more succinctly. There are miracles to be had with the Osmo Pocket for its size, but perhaps not without a bit of work and know-how. The amount of work this feature itself is saving me from not having to cope with wider angled DSLR lens post-production or post correcting manual pannings has been a great time saver for me personally. The way it holds vertical subjects close to the edges of a frame is just something I'm finding close to miraculous despite its height off of the ground. It may not cope with all of the shots I take (Groups of people for instance) but there are an awful lot of situations that it can cope with.

Shooting underwater is one such area where RAW has lots of advantages. And given the popularity of SCUBA diving, I would not call it rare The funny part is that many divers do not know about RAW and try to color correct what apparently can not be color corrected (ok, make it "can be color corrected with lots of effort and bad language").
2019-1-8
Use props
Cameleon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Lyagukh Posted at 1-8 14:59
Shooting underwater is one such area where RAW has lots of advantages. And given the popularity of SCUBA diving, I would not call it rare  The funny part is that many divers do not know about RAW and try to color correct what apparently can not be color corrected (ok, make it "can be color corrected with lots of effort and bad language").

Agreed, challenging environments are where RAW shines, especially when the camera is likely to make bad decisions on white balance and exposure.
2019-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules