Brakng...return sticks to center
601 4 2019-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MadMadMat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2097874 ft
United States

I have been reading here for a couple months and it's very informative I hate this to be my first post. My mavic Pro the remote and the goggles everything is updated to the latest firmware and has been functioning just fine.

Today I was flying a little bit before dark and I probably couldn't go 200 feet without beep beep beep braking return sticks to Center. It was so ridiculous it wasn't worth flying I immediately brought it home. It's possible it was low light conditions causing it but it didn't say anything about an obstacle it sounded like a stick problem. So I turned off the bird looked in the menu on the tablet and found calibrate controller. Calibration has failed multiple times I believe says there was a time out please recalibrate. I have power and everything off and on multiple times. Then I decided to fly after dark just on the driveway and it takes off but it has no response to the sticks so I landed it immediately. I tried to do a reset to default on the controller in the menu on the tablet and that is unsuccessful. I lost a Traxxas drone after an on board failure and a fly away I'm not about to have this fall from the sky because it gets false stick inputs or something what do I do?

Thanks in advance for your advice this forum has been very helpful for pretty much everything that I have questioned

2019-1-6
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

this is an alert from obstacle avoidance system that's telling you its braking now...  if somethign too close to the sensors it will stop itself.  nothing wrong with your drone.  is this a mavic pro 1st gen or new mavic 2 pro?     

mavic pro 1st gen only has front firing obstical avidoance and it generally stops itself if somethign in the way about 5- 10 feet away (it varies) or the sun is beaming and glaring into the front sensors can also trigger it.   

the mavic 2 pro has sensors in front, back and sides but little more resilent against false triggering fromt he sun. but same idea, if you or somethign around your drone is too close it will stop..

2019-1-6
Use props
MadMadMat
lvl.2
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 1-6 20:57
this is an alert from obstacle avoidance system that's telling you its braking now...  if somethign too close to the sensors it will stop itself.  nothing wrong with your drone.  is this a mavic pro 1st gen or new mavic 2 pro?     

mavic pro 1st gen only has front firing obstical avidoance and it generally stops itself if somethign in the way about 5- 10 feet away (it varies) or the sun is beaming and glaring into the front sensors can also trigger it.   

It is a mavic pro gen 1. I have heard low light conditions can cause this kind of problem. But the fact that the controller will not calibrate now it keeps timing out and it will not restore to default settings makes me think there's something feeling in the controller. Hopefully this makes sense I am replying on my tablet which I have just figured out I cannot do I can't see the screen on the reply.
2019-1-6
Use props
MadMadMat
lvl.2
United States

Well I'm not sure if this was the problem but the remote seems to be working now. Up until today I had been using a 12-inch cable from the micro USB on the controller to the USB C on the tablet. With this combination today I was unable to calibrate the controller or get it to restore to default settings from the DJI 4 app. Just for kicks and giggles I took the 10-foot cable that I used to charge the tablet plugged it into the bottom of the controller the full-size USB to the tablet and the controller calibrated on the first attempt I took off for a few feet in the air make sure the joysticks function then put it away for the evening. Tomorrow will be a whole new day to see what happens in a real flight. I sure hope it was a $5 cable that failed rather than the controller. Even though I was successful in calibration on the first attempt to me it doesn't make sense why that would have affected the Drone while in flight so I might have two separate problems that surfaced at the same time.
2019-1-6
Use props
MadMadMat
lvl.2
United States

It was two separate problems that reared their head at the same time. I assume the stopping and going at 300 feet had to do with the Twilight conditions fooling the forward motion sensors it hasn't done that since. The controller issue was either the micro USB plug on the controller or the cable going from that to the tablet that plug is a little loose I'm only going to use that one for charging from now on. Using that cable the controller would not calibrate or reset the default settings when I switch to a different cable out of the bottom it calibrates multiple times in a row everything's good
2019-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules