2614 58 2019-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

DJI_0496-copy.jpg

We have a little beach cottage close to Cintsa, which is a very rocky area, with seas that change from huge swells, to calm waves. I took a series of images with different rock formations, and will be posting it here and on my facebook page. Any comments, ideas, stories and crits welcome.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/CharissaDLS/photos/?tab=albums

Welcome to have a look at the page, share and also comment and like.

A wonderful 2019 to you all. May we have some excellent flying, awesome photography, and hopefully, I will be able to get some decent video and actually know how to edit it.
Charissa

2019-1-6
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good capture!
2019-1-6
Use props
Cheaptyres
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32703 ft
United Kingdom

what was the shutter speed as it looks good at the wash ive been trying for 2 seconds to make the sea look like Glasswith no ripples nice and smooth
2019-1-7
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Cheaptyres Posted at 1-7 00:15
what was the shutter speed as it looks good at the wash ive been trying for 2 seconds to make the sea look like Glasswith no ripples nice and smooth

Hi. SS was 1 sec. F6.3, ISO 100.
Very windy conditions, so most of the 1 sec and above images came out a bit blurry. Also, did not have long exposure filters yet.

Sure with the ND 1000 you could get a smooth image, in very wind still conditions. Personally, I like some drama and textures in most of my images. Will do smooth but not too much.
2019-1-7
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Thank you. Appreciate
2019-1-7
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Charissa Posted at 1-7 00:20
Thank you. Appreciate

You're welcome!
2019-1-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Awesome shot
2019-1-7
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Fabulous shot, love it.
2019-1-7
Use props
bikoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

nice shot , thank you
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Nice capture!
2019-1-7
Use props
Kevin Halle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1297612 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice shot..
2019-1-7
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Wonderful picture!
2019-1-7
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great capture
2019-1-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Amazing shot Charissa
2019-1-7
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Really nice image.
2019-1-7
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Thank you kindly.
2019-1-8
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

M2Wair Posted at 1-7 01:00
Fabulous shot, love it.

Thank you much.
2019-1-8
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

bikoo Posted at 1-7 01:15
nice shot , thank you

Thank you.
2019-1-8
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Thank you DJI Panda.
2019-1-8
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Appreciate Kevin.
2019-1-8
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Glad you liked it.
2019-1-8
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Thanks Woe, appreciate.
2019-1-8
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Suren Posted at 1-7 09:30
Amazing shot Charissa

Thanks Suren, did you survive the heavy trafic and congestion on that KZN beaches and areas?
2019-1-8
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

ff22 Posted at 1-7 09:31
Really nice image.

Thank you kindly.
2019-1-8
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Awesome capture.  You're pumpering us with excellent shots
2019-1-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome
2019-1-8
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

super pic - what mavic model have you got? good luck with the video editing - its a whole new very interesting curve to explore. as a suggestion you could start yr first few edits with the dji go app. that will give you a good beginners feel to editing. for ease, speed and convenience it is a good way to get started.
2019-1-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Charissa Posted at 1-8 01:37
Thanks Woe, appreciate.

You're welcome.
2019-1-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Charissa Posted at 1-8 01:38
Thanks Suren, did you survive the heavy trafic and congestion on that KZN beaches and areas?

I ran away to the South Coast. The bad news is that I was also mugged while there for my bag
2019-1-8
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

nixuspix Posted at 1-8 01:50
Awesome capture.  You're pumpering us with excellent shots

Really kind of you to say. Thanks.
2019-1-8
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 1-8 03:42
super pic - what mavic model have you got? good luck with the video editing - its a whole new very interesting curve to explore. as a suggestion you could start yr first few edits with the dji go app. that will give you a good beginners feel to editing. for ease, speed and convenience it is a good way to get started.

Thanks. I think this one was with the MP2. Have a couple of good ones with the MA as well.
I have premier, but I honestly can not fly smoothly, make the video interesting, or get the hang of the editing and capturing part (yet).
I seem to fly around, looking for photography opps, and completely forgetting to fly for video.......
2019-1-8
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Suren Posted at 1-8 06:22
I ran away to the South Coast. The bad news is that I was also mugged while there for my bag

That sucks. South Coast, North Coast, no different. I was robbed with a knife against my neck, a few years ago, in Hibberdene. Out of pure frustration, I shouted at the running thieve, "You f...ing a...hole!!!!"

A hour or so later my daughter, then around 6, asked me sweetly, how did I know his name was "f...ing a...hole?"
Man, I never cried, AND laughed so hard in one day.
Was nearly robbed in Leasure Bay a while back, broke into the house, but luckily I had a weapon, and managed to chase them away.........

Where were you, what was taken?  (And, being in South Africa, I take it for granted that you were heavily insured?)
2019-1-8
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Charissa Posted at 1-8 10:21
Thanks. I think this one was with the MP2. Have a couple of good ones with the MA as well.
I have premier, but I honestly can not fly smoothly, make the video interesting, or get the hang of the editing and capturing part (yet).
I seem to fly around, looking for photography opps, and completely forgetting to fly for video.......

for me it was other way around - i flew around looking for photo ops and end up with a bunch of video clips
2019-1-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Charissa Posted at 1-8 10:26
That sucks. South Coast, North Coast, no different. I was robbed with a knife against my neck, a few years ago, in Hibberdene. Out of pure frustration, I shouted at the running thieve, "You f...ing a...hole!!!!"

A hour or so later my daughter, then around 6, asked me sweetly, how did I know his name was "f...ing a...hole?"

That is a good name for a robber... I was at the Wild Coast, stopped at the Metal bridge to do a Video shoot of the bridge, river and hills and 2 guys ran past pulling my mavic bag from my hand with the zoom and all its stuff inside including my iphone 8+, yes everything was fully insured
2019-1-8
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 1-8 12:41
for me it was other way around - i flew around looking for photo ops and end up with a bunch of video clips

It is a totally different mindset. I have been doing a bit of photography for years now, and even though I had a Gopro, a decent video camera and the likes, I never took the time to teach myself some good techniques for video.
Hopefully, this year, that might change.
2019-1-8
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Suren Posted at 1-8 19:30
That is a good name for a robber... I was at the Wild Coast, stopped at the Metal bridge to do a Video shoot of the bridge, river and hills and 2 guys ran past pulling my mavic bag from my hand with the zoom and all its stuff inside including my iphone 8+, yes everything was fully insured

That is typical. Blitz attacks, and before you know it, they are gone. Can not see how people still think this country is a safe and wonderful tourist destination. Maybe because they have NO idea how close they actually are to be robbed, killed, raped......................................

With which company did you ensure your gear, and did they pay you out fully? I had a bit of trouble with one very famous and highly recommended company, to pay out my camera gear that was stolen, but they had to in the end. Now, with a not so famous company, would like to change, but don,t know to where.
2019-1-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Charissa Posted at 1-8 21:35
That is typical. Blitz attacks, and before you know it, they are gone. Can not see how people still think this country is a safe and wonderful tourist destination. Maybe because they have NO idea how close they actually are to be robbed, killed, raped......................................

With which company did you ensure your gear, and did they pay you out fully? I had a bit of trouble with one very famous and highly recommended company, to pay out my camera gear that was stolen, but they had to in the end. Now, with a not so famous company, would like to change, but don,t know to where.

I'm with pineapple insurance, Drone world referred me to them. you just download the app and insure. they seem to be pretty good just waiting for the approval and payout now. they cover you fully in flight, theft etc.
2019-1-8
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
South Africa

Suren Posted at 1-8 22:31
I'm with pineapple insurance, Drone world referred me to them. you just download the app and insure. they seem to be pretty good just waiting for the approval and payout now. they cover you fully in flight, theft etc.

Thanks M8. Please keep me updated. The one I spoke about with the yellow umbrella, took ages to approve, and then did not want to pay out even 1 third of the price. Got it sorted though, but took me a few months.
What irritated me was that I paid the insurance, started when I was a student, for 20 years, with NO claims, none at all. That was my first (and so far last) ever claim.
2019-1-8
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Charissa Posted at 1-8 23:13
Thanks M8. Please keep me updated. The one I spoke about with the yellow umbrella, took ages to approve, and then did not want to pay out even 1 third of the price. Got it sorted though, but took me a few months.
What irritated me was that I paid the insurance, started when I was a student, for 20 years, with NO claims, none at all. That was my first (and so far last) ever claim.

These insurance guys here milk us. will keep you posted on this.
2019-1-8
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
South Africa

Charissa Posted at 1-8 21:31
It is a totally different mindset. I have been doing a bit of photography for years now, and even though I had a Gopro, a decent video camera and the likes, I never took the time to teach myself some good techniques for video.
Hopefully, this year, that might change.

i for one look forward to your videos
2019-1-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules