Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Maximal altitude indoors
1942 12 2019-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LGstudio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 638366 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hi. What is the maximal indoor flight altitude for the mavic 2? My mavic air does not go higher than 5 meters when indoors (in a big hall where is no GPS signal). I have read that is it limited on purpose. Does the mavic 2 series have this limitation also? What about the mavic 2 enterprise?
I need to fly at least 15m above the ground, will it be possible if I buy the zoom?
Thanks for the answer in advanced.

2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day LGstudio. Thank you for the inquiry. We do not  recommend using the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom indoors due to its size and specifications. We suggest to choose an outdoor open area where the GPS is good, no magnetic interference, to fly the drone and check if all the functions are normal. Please take good care of your drone and enjoy the flying. Thank you for your support.
2019-1-7
Use props
Ridg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

with no gps you're going to be stuck in ATTI mode this is limited to 5m or 60 feet IIRC

2019-1-7
Use props
WRHershey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

How can you NOT recommend flying indoors when the user manual specifically talks about how stable it is indoors. Why dont you actually answer the mans question instead of giving opinion of how he uses his device. Thank you Ridg for his answer. Admins here are disconnected from reality.
2019-1-7
Use props
LGstudio
lvl.2
  • >>>
Slovakia

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-7 07:57
Hello and good day LGstudio. Thank you for the inquiry. We do not  recommend using the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom indoors due to its size and specifications. We suggest to choose an outdoor open area where the GPS is good, no magnetic interference, to fly the drone and check if all the functions are normal. Please take good care of your drone and enjoy the flying. Thank you for your support.

Thanks for your advice, but I HAVE TO fly indoors to complete a task. I am currently developing an application for automated flying indoors that was requested by a customer. I have no other option but to fly indoors.

I want to disable this limitation. Is there a possibility to do this? Does the Mavic 2 enterprise has this limitation also?
2019-1-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ridg Posted at 1-7 08:40
with no gps you're going to be stuck in ATTI mode this is limited to 5m or 60 feet IIRC

Not if the downward vision positioning system is working correctly then the drone will operate in OPTI mode.
2019-1-7
Use props
Ridg
lvl.4
United Kingdom

A CW Posted at 1-7 10:15
Not if the downward vision positioning system is working correctly then the drone will operate in OPTI mode.

So actually looking in the manual

OPTI is limited to 5m and ATTI is 30 m
2019-1-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ridg Posted at 1-7 23:58

[view_image]

Strange - given that the downward vision system has a 22m range.

2019-1-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ridg Posted at 1-7 23:58

[view_image]

2019-1-8
Use props
Ridg
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It's weird but then so a lot of things DJI choose to do or not do
2019-1-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ridg Posted at 1-8 05:36
It's weird but then so a lot of things DJI choose to do or not do

Hahahahaha - I'm guessing the advertised altitude detection range is if GPS is still strong. Does that mean if you are 10m above the ground in say a warehouse then lose GPS the drone will auto descend to 5m? It doesn't make sense.
2019-1-8
Use props
LGstudio
lvl.2
  • >>>
Slovakia

A CW Posted at 1-8 06:19
Hahahahaha - I'm guessing the advertised altitude detection range is if GPS is still strong. Does that mean if you are 10m above the ground in say a warehouse then lose GPS the drone will auto descend to 5m? It doesn't make sense.

No it won't auto descent. Once you had a GPS signal, even after losing it, it will allow you to go higher. Strange behavior I know. I wish this idiotic limit was non-existent. It makes it hard to use it indoors without going out first to get GPS.

Downward vision system off does not necessarlily mean ATTI mode. you can have it off in OPTI mode also.
2019-5-29
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

The ceiling........
2019-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules