Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin S and Nikon D750
250 10 1-7 04:41
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
naskopi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 706151
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello everyone!
I just bought DJI Ronin S and tried to connect it with my Nikon D750. I stabilized it, no problem, but when I tried to connect it I found out there is no suitable cable.
Any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong? I checked that the camera is supported, also the lens (AF-S 24-120 1:4 G)?
Do I need to buy extra cable? Please advice!

Thank you in advance!
Nikon_Ronin.jpg
1-7 04:41
Use props
mark.steudel
lvl.1

Following have same camera
1-7 20:48
Use props
mark.steudel
lvl.1

Looking at the compatibility list here I don't see the D750 supported, 850 but not hte 750: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_List_20181119.pdf
1-7 20:52
Use props
yareckk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15895
Poland

D750 works only with IR cable (RSS-IR). You also have to turn on the remote control mode in the settings of camera. However there are some issues with compatibility. Pressing record button releases the shutter so you can only take a photo but it doesn’t start recording a movie, even in camcorder mode.
1-8 09:20
Use props
mark.steudel
lvl.1

yareckk Posted at 1-8 09:20
D750 works only with IR cable (RSS-IR). You also have to turn on the remote control mode in the settings of camera. However there are some issues with compatibility. Pressing record button releases the shutter so you can only take a photo but it doesn’t start recording a movie, even in camcorder mode.

Well that's pretty useless
1-8 09:55
Use props
wingwing
New
Canada

yareckk Posted at 1-8 09:20
D750 works only with IR cable (RSS-IR). You also have to turn on the remote control mode in the settings of camera. However there are some issues with compatibility. Pressing record button releases the shutter so you can only take a photo but it doesn’t start recording a movie, even in camcorder mode.

I haven't tried the RSS-IR yet but if it triggered the shutter then there is a camera setting under video mode you can set the shutter button to record video.
I use a Vello remote shutter release but simply use it's Nikon interface cable and can trigger the D750 shutter release to start/ stop recording, don't even have to switch on the Vello.
1-8 12:45
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 2

Hi naskopi, sorry for the late response, Nikon D750 can only be physically balanced with Ronin-S currently, the control features cannot be ensured, we are working on developing the IR shutter control, sorry for the inconvenience caused and please pay attention to our website of the future update. GTScreenshot_20190111_153104.png
1-10 23:37
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

mark.steudel Posted at 1-8 09:55
Well that's pretty useless

Hi mark, Nikon D750 can only be physically balanced with Ronin-S currently, we are still working on developing the IR shutter control, sorry for the inconvenience caused and please pay attention to our website of the future update.
1-10 23:38
Use props
fans6123edbe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2043
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-10 23:38
Hi mark, Nikon D750 can only be physically balanced with Ronin-S currently, we are still working on developing the IR shutter control, sorry for the inconvenience caused and please pay attention to our website of the future update.

Mindy,

I have a d610 and bought the micro USB cable in hopes of eventual support. To my surprise, after updating the firmware I got full control and even the focus knob working! The only issue I'm having now is the lack of live view. I have read about d850 users having live view while using the ronin -s. Will this be something that DJI will work on or is this a Nikon problem. Thank you.
1-11 08:48
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator

fans6123edbe Posted at 1-11 08:48
Mindy,

I have a d610 and bought the micro USB cable in hopes of eventual support. To my surprise, after updating the firmware I got full control and even the focus knob working! The only issue I'm having now is the lack of live view. I have read about d850 users having live view while using the ronin -s. Will this be something that DJI will work on or is this a Nikon problem. Thank you.

Glad to hear that, our engineers are still developing the USB shutter control of D610, please note our website of the future update, thank you.
1-12 03:21
Use props
yareckk
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15895
Poland

wingwing Posted at 1-8 12:45
I haven't tried the RSS-IR yet but if it triggered the shutter then there is a camera setting under video mode you can set the shutter button to record video.
I use a Vello remote shutter release but simply use it's Nikon interface cable and can trigger the D750 shutter release to start/ stop recording, don't even have to switch on the Vello.

@wingwing, thanks for the tip!
1-14 10:52
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules