Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Pocket - Touchscreen not working
4675 8 2019-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flori123
lvl.1
Germany

Hi all,

I have just activated my brand new Osmo Pocket out of the box and updated it to the latest firmware as well.

But unfortunately the touchscreen is not working at all - I have tried tapping/wipping from and in every corner of the screen, it is just 0 responsive and nothing happens. The only thing which appears by tapping on the screen is the yellow frame to focus the camera, but thats it. I am really frustrated.
In addition, the language of the Osmo Pocket is set to Chinese and I don´t see any chance to change it due to the fact, that the screen is not working. I was wondering if the disfunction of the screen might have been caused by the latest firmware update so I wanted to restore the factory settings. Does anyone know how to restore the factory settings without using the screen of the Osmo Pocket?
Otherwise I dont see any other way than sendin it back

2019-1-7
Use props
WebParrot
Captain
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't seen this reported (here) as yet, so I suggest a more direct route to Support.  Scroll to the bottom of this post and select the [Support] link and start an "Online Support" Chat session.  You might want to copy your typing in this post to your system clip board so you can paste it into the Chat session.  Also, have your Serial Number handy.   Presuming it was purchased new and registered, you have a better chance of getting faster resolution.
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it may cause you. Did you experience it upon updating the firmware of your Osmo Pocket? May we know where did you purchase the unit? You can provide it via PM. Would it be possible if you could provide us with a short video on this kind of situation? You can use google drive and dropbox then provide the link here. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for the support.
2019-1-8
Use props
Flori123
lvl.1
Germany

Hi Toni,

well to be honest I really can’t remember as I’ve updated the Osmo Pocket directly after unboxing. Straight after that I noticed that disfunction of the touchscreen and the Chinese language settings.

I’ve bought the Osmo Pocket directly via the DJI Online Store and I have already contacted the Customer Support twice (via Chat and via Email)...

Like I said, I am really frustrated with the current situation and I would like to refund/ exchange to a new and working Osmo Pocket instead of some trial-and-error troubleshooting.

Thank you!   
2019-1-9
Use props
djiuser_2UpIBGGDI1fT
New
India

Hi ,

I bought my dji OSMO pocket yesterday from Argos in London. My touch screen was working fine but after the firmware upgrade it has gone blank. There is nothing showing on the screen. The only way I can take videos is connecting the phone via the adapter.

How can I rectify this issue. As I will be travelling back to India in the next few days.

Regards
2019-2-16
Use props
fans210e3e76
lvl.1

Israel

I am having the same exact problem
2019-2-24
Use props
DarrenG
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_2UpIBGGDI1fT Posted at 2-16 03:03
Hi ,

I bought my dji OSMO pocket yesterday from Argos in London. My touch screen was working fine but after the firmware upgrade it has gone blank. There is nothing showing on the screen. The only way I can take videos is connecting the phone via the adapter.

Take it back to Argos for replacement.
2019-2-24
Use props
djiuser_hIVml1FvBLXn
New
Australia

I'm having the exact same problem. I bought my osmo pocket yesterday (9 July 2019). Today I bought osmo shield. Activated my osmo pocket which also downloaded latest firmware and mine is also stuck in Chinese language and I have absolutely  no onscreen settings or touchscreen available. The screen changes from normal colour view to red balance and aqua colour balance.  The scroll button is on screen in a grey (unavailable) colour and doesn't work either :-(. I'm in Australia.
2019-7-10
Use props
djiuser_9GtX6Baldgja
New

Ukraine

Hello evenryone, i have some issue with my OSMO Pocket . I bought it, updated to the last firmware version, all worked well... since that time my ospo just lay for half a year on the shelf, and now i have an issue with touchscreen. i can't swipe from the main screen to the left and right.... up and down working well (btw, right and left inside menus working well too, but no in the main screen). Can anybody tell me what i can do to fix that?
2020-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules