Have the proper SD card but Display says Slow SD write speed..
18937 27 2019-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nick Moushey
New
United States

I recieved the Osmo Pocket as a gift with a Delkin Devices BLACK microSD card that should be sufficient for 4K video.But everytime I try to record something, 4-5 seconds into the recording, the Display says: Slow SD write speed.
Other issues:
-Once I start recording, it will not stop recording and I have to shut it off and then the clip I shot is lost.
-There are no where near as many frame rates available on the actual camera.  Advertised as having 24/25/30/48/50/60 fps but only has 30 & 60 for 4K and HD

Has DJI already resolved this issue? or do they plan to?

2019-1-7
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is the micro SD card rated for [U3] ?  That's part of DJI's spec requirement, especially for 4k 60fps.  
2019-1-7
Use props
Nick Moushey
New
United States

WebParrot Posted at 1-7 09:12
Is the micro SD card rated for  ?  That's part of DJI's spec requirement, especially for 4k 60fps.

Yes. it is a U3 card with up 90mb transfer speed
2019-1-7
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Nick Moushey Posted at 1-7 09:23
Yes. it is a U3 card with up 90mb transfer speed

Sorry but did you actually test the read/write speed of the card? Just in case, there is a lot of fake cards out there.
2019-1-7
Use props
Nick Moushey
New
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 1-7 09:34
Sorry but did you actually test the read/write speed of the card? Just in case, there is a lot of fake cards out there.

I transferred a clip off of the card and I saw an 80mb transfer speed but it was really quick.
How would I test the write speed?
Or is there a better card you recommend?
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Nick Moushey. Thank you for the inquiry. The recommended SD Card for the DJI Osmo Pocket is the class UHS-1 Speed Grade 3 rating microSD card. For additional reference I will be posting a link where you can find the user manual for the DJI Osmo Pocket.

2019-1-7
Use props
Nick Moushey
New
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-7 10:03
Hello and good day Nick Moushey. Thank you for the inquiry. The recommended SD Card for the DJI Osmo Pocket is the class UHS-1 Speed Grade 3 rating microSD card. For additional reference I will be posting a link where you can find the user manual for the DJI Osmo Pocket.

[view_image]

Tried some of the other cards I have at the office and they are fine.

What about the frame rate issue on the camera? Why do I only have 30fps and 60fps in HD and 4K?
2019-1-7
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Nick Moushey Posted at 1-7 09:41
I transferred a clip off of the card and I saw an 80mb transfer speed but it was really quick.
How would I test the write speed?
Or is there a better card you recommend?

I use "Blacmagic" to test all my cards/drives for read/write speed, here the write speed is the most critical.(Use a Mac)
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

You say yo transferred a file from the card , that it read speed you would need to transfer a file TO the card to test for write speed.
It needs to be better than 30Mb/s to work ok.

The frame rate issue has now been resolved via firmware update.
2019-1-7
Use props
Nick Moushey
New
United States

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 1-7 10:41
You say yo transferred a file from the card , that it read speed you would need to transfer a file TO the card to test for write speed.
It needs to be better than 30Mb/s to work ok.

Thank you. The issue with the original card was that it was a U3 card, not a U1. I have plenty of other U1 cards from San Disk that are recording 4K just fine.
I will install the firm ware update when I get home. Left the iphone connector at home this morning.
Thanks to all of you for your help.  I really appreciate it.
2019-1-7
Use props
Naveen K. Ganglani
New

Philippines

Hi everyone, I have encountered similar issues. I got the DJI Osmo Pocket last week and bought a micro SD card online, here it is:

A message on screen pops out to say slow write speed. I have tried formatting the SD card using the app for the device numerous times. Whenever I try to record a video, not the entire clip saves and when it does, the audio is off. Sometimes when I click on record, it doesn't do so, the app hangs, and I have to take off the device.

Can anyone help me find a solution?
2019-3-8
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

The card should work fine. Could be a bad card. Was the seller reputable? I would take the issue up with the seller.
2019-3-8
Use props
russellg
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Naveen K. Ganglani Posted at 3-8 02:26
Hi everyone, I have encountered similar issues. I got the DJI Osmo Pocket last week and bought a micro SD card online, here it is:

[view_image]

Is that a fake sd card, the picture does not exactly match my sd card.  all the words are the same but not in exactly the same position.
2019-3-9
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I second the fake card theory, the font looks wrong and positioned incorrectly.
2019-3-9
Use props
djiuser_koHRm84QCKeP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have a similar issue. Integral U3 cards, which work absolutely fine with gopro hero 7 at 4K50, where osmo pocket can't maintain 4K 25.

Bought from Amazon (not third party, but amazon themselves)
2019-3-20
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

All my (unknown) 3€ 32GB Chinese cards (also 64GB and 256GB) work 1a with 4K/60fps,
but there was an (European) dealer, who sold 1TB (!) cards for € 35 ... ROTFL !

Once I bought from amazon a 128GB microSD for €6, photo was okay, but video not.
2019-3-21
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Have you thought about the possibility that you have a faulty / corrupted SD card? Tried a different SD card?
2019-3-21
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

BeterBan Posted at 3-21 03:29
All my (unknown) 3€ 32GB Chinese cards (also 64GB and 256GB) work 1a with 4K/60fps,

Stop advertising crap no name Chinese SD cards and other products please. You do that in every occasion and a few posts later you 'conveniently' post a link to an online store. IMO, you are 'farming' clients in this forum and DJI mods should stop this immediately. Is any DJI mod listening? Please check this individual's profile, it is all cheap advertising!

Ban.jpg
2019-3-21
Use props
djiuser_koHRm84QCKeP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

El Diabolico Posted at 3-21 04:29
Have you thought about the possibility that you have a faulty / corrupted SD card? Tried a different SD card?

Not sure if you were asking me, but I did try two different cards - both same type of card though.

Have a couple of Samsung evo 64gb cards coming tonight to try.

Just disappointing having to spend yet more money...

Seems like a few card compatibility issues
2019-3-21
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

@Diabolico

It is not easy to believe that others are successfull without (overpriced) Sandisk cards.
Original DJI addons I bought for half price from nice Chinese dealers - ALL with FREE SHIP.!
If you have too much money you can make other dealers happy. I think YOU are a silly
guy, playing police man in this forum. It's a FREE forum, not your country village!

2019-3-21
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

BeterBan Posted at 3-21 06:32
@Diabolico

It is not easy to believe that others are successfull without (overpriced) Sandisk cards.

Topics like this is exactly why no one should listen to you. Most the no-name/fake card are brand name rejects that failed the QC test. It means they did fail somewhere during the productive/test cycle. Are they all BAD? Probably not and it may work fine but it also means that they may have read/write speed/reliability issues. I'll never trust my photos and video to a card that might fail at any moment.
It's not like Micro SD U3 cards are that expensive.  If you need to worry about the $20 difference between a brand name and no name card, maybe this hobby is too expensive for you.
2019-3-21
Use props
djiuser_koHRm84QCKeP
lvl.1
United Kingdom

For what it's worth, the Evo cards appear to work fine.

Annoying that I needed to fork out for them, but at least the OP working. Now to get outside with it - darn grey UK weather.
2019-3-21
Use props
BeterBan
lvl.4
Austria

How I said: Iam using €3  32GB cards (alos 64GB and 256GB) from Chines dealers - I NEVER had problems (daily use)
with 4K/60fps. I also have Trancend, Lexar, Toshiba, Samsung, all pretty good but more expensive.
Look amazon's price .. each card with write ~ 30MB/s works well.

All tested with OP 4K/60fps, YI 4K+ 4K/60fps, SJ8 PRO 4K/60fps !

2019-3-21
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

djiuser_koHRm84QCKeP Posted at 3-21 06:22
Not sure if you were asking me, but I did try two different cards - both same type of card though.

Have a couple of Samsung evo 64gb cards coming tonight to try.

Try SanDisk if you have that option... I am very, very happy and I use them professionally for many years without any issues. Just make sure you get the right speed for the camera.
2019-3-25
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

Wiz33 Posted at 3-21 10:47
Topics like this is exactly why no one should listen to you. Most the no-name/fake card are brand name rejects that failed the QC test. It means they did fail somewhere during the productive/test cycle. Are they all BAD? Probably not and it may work fine but it also means that they may have read/write speed/reliability issues. I'll never trust my photos and video to a card that might fail at any moment.
It's not like Micro SD U3 cards are that expensive.  If you need to worry about the $20 difference between a brand name and no name card, maybe this hobby is too expensive for you.

Totally agree with you and actually as i am proving to him, his writing speeds are ridiculous...
2019-3-25
Use props
El Diabolico
Second Officer

Germany

BeterBan Posted at 3-21 06:32
@Diabolico

It might be a free forum but I've reported you for continuous misleading advertising as that option is available... I wonder why there are forum rules...

Now to our topic in question, 30MB/s is the minimum acceptable writing speed for recording 4K video. Your cheap & crappy SD cards are even failing to achieve that. Compare that to the average speed I get from a SanDisk Extreme card and we can clearly see who is being silly here. When you spend this amount of money for the best quality video, cheaping on the memory cards is a joke. So are your suggestions. The SanDisk Extreme 32Gb costs 12€... that's what I tip the pizza guy.
You are ADVERTISING A 32Gb KNOCK OFF and comparing it to a TRASCEND 128Gb and 256Gb to exhagerate the price difference... GET A LIFE and hopefully GET BANNED.

Regards,
The Forum Police.

2019-3-25
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

BeterBan Posted at 3-21 03:29

Off Topic.
2019-3-26
Use props
Astmens
lvl.1

Spain

I have the same issue with Pocket 2. anyone has found any solutions?
2021-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules