3621 41 2019-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 146135 ft
Sweden

Hello DJI Forum! My first post here!

Just got my OP and managed to activate it without any kind of issues (was a bit worried about that tbh) on my Honor 8 (my dedicated Spark device). Anyway, I'm most likely going to order the wireless module along with the accessory mount soon, but first I'd like to to know if it is possible to use both at the same time? Havn't seen any pictures or videos showing if it's possible, nor have I been able to find the answer searching the forum (might have missed it though).
*Edit* typo

2019-1-7
Use props
Rogue0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30322 ft
United Kingdom

I should think so. Plenty of clearance on the OP.
Edit, obviously not. That’s poor design as most users would probably want to use the wireless module to made adjustments in mimo as you obviously can’t use your phone. So, in reality you can only really use the mount in auto.
2019-1-7
Use props
AngularIan
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Here's a video review of both that was posted a couple of days ago. Both are used together. Note that both units are packaged with the wireless support in something called the Wireless Adapter kit which sells for USD99. The wireless adapter is NOT reviewed in this video.

2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. Welcome to DJI Forum and congratulation to your new Osmo Pocket. Unfortunately, it's not possible to use the Wireless module and Accessory mount at the same time.  If you have other concern, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.
2019-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Looking at that video I don’t think so.
2019-1-7
Use props
Rogue0ne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30322 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-7 12:23
Hi there. Welcome to DJI Forum and congratulation to your new Osmo Pocket. Unfortunately, it's not possible to use the Wireless module and Accessory mount at the same time.  If you have other concern, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

Seriously? That’s ridiculous.
2019-1-7
Use props
NorthTexasAerials
lvl.2
United States

Rogue0ne Posted at 1-7 12:53
Seriously? That’s ridiculous.

More than ridiculous. Unbelievably so.
2019-1-7
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Sweden

Hi.
Oh that's a bit of a disappointment. It would be awesome to be able to use them both at the same time. I guess I'll just get the accessory mount and not the wireless module. Unless I find a workaround.
2019-1-8
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

First - just buying the accessory mount and the wireless module does not qualify for free shipping.  Buying the 3 in 1 kit comes with free shipping.  Price difference is 14 dollars (usd) so, essentially, buying the 3 in 1 gives you the pan/tilt wheel for 14 bucks.

Second, don't worry about not being able to use the mount and the wireless at the same time....3 days from now there will be 40 3d printed solutions available on e-bay.
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I 3D printed my mount the first day I got my op, works fantastic.

2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

CasualDronePilot Posted at 1-8 09:18
Hi.
Oh that's a bit of a disappointment. It would be awesome to be able to use them both at the same time. I guess I'll just get the accessory mount and not the wireless module. Unless I find a workaround.

We really appreciate all your suggestion with our new Osmo Pocket. No worries, I will forward this suggestion and feedback to the right department for future request. Hoping for a better understanding.
2019-1-8
Use props
scott99
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76312 ft
United States

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 1-8 10:02
[view_image]

Need one of these, in grey preferable. Selling these ?
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

scott99 Posted at 1-8 10:37
Need one of these, in grey preferable. Selling these ?

Where do you live?  I wouldn’t charge for one if local enough. PM me
I see now your in the states, could you not go to a local library if I sent you the file? This only takes 30mins to print.

2019-1-8
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Sweden

Upscaleman Posted at 1-8 09:55
First - just buying the accessory mount and the wireless module does not qualify for free shipping.  Buying the 3 in 1 kit comes with free shipping.  Price difference is 14 dollars (usd) so, essentially, buying the 3 in 1 gives you the pan/tilt wheel for 14 bucks.

Second, don't worry about not being able to use the mount and the wireless at the same time....3 days from now there will be 40 3d printed solutions available on e-bay.

I might still get the 3 in 1 expansion kit though since I still want to be able to control the OP wirelessly at some point (several ideas developing in my head ) and that control wheel might come in handy as well. Yes there will probably few third party mounting options available soon enough.
2019-1-8
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Sweden

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-8 10:36
We really appreciate all your suggestion with our new Osmo Pocket. No worries, I will forward this suggestion and feedback to the right department for future request. Hoping for a better understanding.

Thanks for the reply. No lack of understanding here. I was just hoping that both accessories would work together though in a simple way.
2019-1-8
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Sweden

[view_image]

Looks good!
2019-1-8
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

[view_image]

put it on ebay and I'll buy one
2019-1-8
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

That's ridiculous.. a very big fail in the design.. how can you use the pro mode in the mimo app then when the accessory mount is present??
2019-1-8
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Presumably, if you want to have the Pocket on a tripod and operate it wirelessly, you would use the accessory mount for the tripod, and attach an extension USB-C cord between the Pocket and the Wireless Module.  I believe that Module can accept incoming power for both itself and the Pocket.  Here I'm thinking of using the Pocket as part of a jazz club live music video rig.  The Pocket would attach to a mic stand somewhere in front of the band, with the wireless thingy on the extension cord at the base of the stand, with a USB battery power supply plugged in to keep it all running during the concert.  Only concern would be whether the wireless range would be affected with the wireless receiver so low down.  If so, tape it further up the stand.  Overall, I think a little lateral thinking should overcome most problems.
2019-1-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fansfe82067d Posted at 1-8 17:34
Presumably, if you want to have the Pocket on a tripod and operate it wirelessly, you would use the accessory mount for the tripod, and attach an extension USB-C cord between the Pocket and the Wireless Module.  I believe that Module can accept incoming power for both itself and the Pocket.  Here I'm thinking of using the Pocket as part of a jazz club live music video rig.  The Pocket would attach to a mic stand somewhere in front of the band, with the wireless thingy on the extension cord at the base of the stand, with a USB battery power supply plugged in to keep it all running during the concert.  Only concern would be whether the wireless range would be affected with the wireless receiver so low down.  If so, tape it further up the stand.  Overall, I think a little lateral thinking should overcome most problems.

There’s no substitute for thinking.
2019-1-8
Use props
PiteousPlayer
lvl.2
Hong Kong

I just got the mount yesterday, and it does not block the bottom port neither I think it will block the wireless adapter. Why can't? Of course, the scrolling thingy and the mount cannot be used together (as shown in the video) because it blocks the middle port.

Anyway, I got my setup ready. Mount the Pocket on my backpack strap, control it with my iPhone via USB-C-to-Lightning cable using the bottom port. Done, nicely.
2019-1-8
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Italy

Sorry Natalia, but what about this? Is the official trailer from DJI.. Looking at this, they should be used together..
2019-1-8
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Sweden

Giammi Posted at 1-8 23:17
Sorry Natalia, but what about this? Is the official trailer from DJI.. Looking at this, they should be used together..
[view_image]

I totally missed that one when I watched the trailer. Well, by the looks of it, it should be possible to use them both at the same time.
2019-1-9
Use props
tripleburst
lvl.4
United States

I think Natalia got confused with the wheel and wireless accessory. The wheel accessory definitely won't work with the mount at the same time.
2019-1-9
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Italy

tripleburst Posted at 1-9 13:14
I think Natalia got confused with the wheel and wireless accessory. The wheel accessory definitely won't work with the mount at the same time.

I also think so, otherwise it would have been a VERY BIG design fail.
It completely makes sense that you should not use the mount and the wheel at the same time.
But, on the other side, the mount and the wi-fi module will be used together 90% of the time (like the GoPro).
2019-1-9
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Sweden

tripleburst Posted at 1-9 13:14

That makes sense yes. I hope that is the case.
2019-1-10
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

You can use the wheel and the mount at the same time by attaching the mount low down - it does still seem to grip - I saw a YT video showing it being done (no link, sorry).
2019-1-10
Use props
scott99
lvl.2
Flight distance : 76312 ft
United States

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 1-8 10:45
Where do you live?  I wouldn’t charge for one if local enough. PM me
I see now your in the states, could you not go to a local library if I sent you the file? This only takes 30mins to print.

Thanks for the offer, but I don't have a 3D printer. You came up with a great product though, quite ingenious. Congrats !
2019-1-10
Use props
smallWstudio4
lvl.2
United States

WiFi seems to work just fine! But why in the world couldn't they have made it a little deeper and put a 1/4-20 thread on the base? I can surely rig something but really?
2019-1-10
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Sweden

smallWstudio4 Posted at 1-10 08:09
WiFi seems to work just fine! But why in the world couldn't they have made it a little deeper and put a 1/4-20 thread on the base? I can surely rig something but really?

So, do you recommend this accessory? I'm about to order the expansion kit soon I think.
2019-1-10
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

NorthTexasAerials Posted at 1-7 18:51
More than ridiculous. Unbelievably so.

I see no reason why you couldn't simply connect the mounted OP to the wireless module via a USB-C extension cord. It should not need to be in the actual cradle.
2019-1-10
Use props
The Rev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

Yes you can use both at once as mine arrived today
2019-1-11
Use props
CasualDronePilot
Second Officer
Sweden

The Rev Posted at 1-11 03:43
Yes you can use both at once as mine arrived today

Awesome! Just I needed to know. Thanks!
2019-1-11
Use props
B_Gears
lvl.2
United States

I don't have the wireless module yet but plan to order it eventually. I use a Super Clamp to connect my OP to any tripod. The clamp can be mounted in vertical or horizontal mode and allows room to connect the wireless module to the bottom of the OP. I have not tried this setup but I am pretty sure that it should work. The Super Clamp is a simple solution.
2019-1-28
Use props
realstreetuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7966 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have seen  a youtube video somewhere with the mount and wireless together but not the wheel. i will try and find it
2019-1-28
Use props
j.r.r.
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Wi-Fi controller and Accessory Mount work together without any problems. You won't be able to connect Controller Wheel when you place OP in Accessory Mount. This is why I ordered DJI OSMO Pocket WiFi Module Compatible Tripod + GoPro Mount.
When Wi-Fi controller is installed but your phone is not connected the red light will be on on controller and green one on OP:

Once the phone is connected, the OP and Wi-Fi Controller will be showing green light but display on OP will be black:

This is the proof how OP with Wi-Fi Controller and Accessories Mount work together. I put OP on GoPro 3-Way Grip, Arm, Tripod (GoPro Official Mount) and place it outside, and then with my Samsung S9 Plus connected I was able to record this clip from inside of my appartment:

2019-1-28
Use props
Ray of Hope
lvl.3
Australia

Yes it is possible. I have the a Osmo Pocket Expansion Kit & I use the wireless module and the mount together. see the video below.

2019-1-29
Use props
djiuser_56VwY464yKzS
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2019-1-7 12:23

Are you sure about that? It’s working perfectly together. Unless DJI have made modifications since this original post?
2020-5-26
Use props
djiuser_56VwY464yKzS
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Current ones on the market definitely work perfectly together.
2020-5-26
Use props
fansa6fda0fb
lvl.1
United States

I got mine last year when I ordered the OP and it's been fine.
2020-5-26
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules