Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can a 9 shot pano be generated after downloaded to iOS and remove...
730 11 2019-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Onsomehill
lvl.2
United States

Can a 9 shot pano be generated after being removed from OP?

The images are on iOS, in the photos app.
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Unfortunately, No. The Panorama will automatically generate after you shoot. Then you may delete it after. Thank you.
2019-1-7
Use props
unco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7621 ft
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-7 14:33
Hi there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Unfortunately, No. The Panorama will automatically generate after you shoot. Then you may delete it after. Thank you.

The in-app stitching still only generates a smaller version right?
Deleting the original photos after the panorama has been stitched on the app means you won't be able to get the full size later.
2019-1-7
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Do you have the individual Nine images? Normally if you look at the directory on the memory card you will find a folder marked PANORAMA. Inside there should be subfolders, each containing the panorama's images. From there you can either download the DJI free stitching program DJI Media Maker (Exists for Windows, I don't know about for Apple products) and place a folder into the import window or you can use something like photoshop to stitch them together but a 3x3 is a bit of a faff to create.
I ask because you said 'The images are on IOS, in the photos app.
2019-1-7
Use props
Onsomehill
lvl.2
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-7 14:49
Do you have the individual Nine images? Normally if you look at the directory on the memory card you will find a folder marked PANORAMA. Inside there should be subfolders, each containing the panorama's images. From there you can either download the DJI free stitching program DJI Media Maker (Exists for Windows, I don't know about for Apple products) and place a folder into the import window or you can use something like photoshop to stitch them together but a 3x3 is a bit of a faff to create.
I ask because you said 'The images are on IOS, in the photos app.

Thanks for this tip. They do have a Mac version, and while is only shows 180 or 360 pano, choosing 180 worked. In fact, I think its better than the memo, because it produces a much higher resolution image than the memo did on the same setup of originals.

Also, I did not have the images on the card still. I had already imported to Photos, and removed. But, by exporting the 9 shots to any folder, it still produced a great shot!!

Thanks again!
2019-1-7
Use props
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Indeed, the Mimo app panos are suitable for sharing but that's all - only about 4MP which is somewhat lower resolution than any one of the individual files.
2019-1-7
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Onsomehill Posted at 1-7 15:36
Thanks for this tip. They do have a Mac version, and while is only shows 180 or 360 pano, choosing 180 worked. In fact, I think its better than the memo, because it produces a much higher resolution image than the memo did on the same setup of originals.

Also, I did not have the images on the card still. I had already imported to Photos, and removed. But, by exporting the 9 shots to any folder, it still produced a great shot!!

Glad to help.
If you use the panorama in Pro mode on your phone you can then get it to record using DNG and jpg. The DNGs edited in something like Photoshop allow for saving even larger files and if skilled, slightly better output than the jpgs provide. I'm using my Pocket to do Just that for my local museum as their collection of items are huge, (warship, submarine, 19th-century sailing ship etc.) and they are loving the output.
2019-1-7
Use props
edwardyyy
lvl.4
Hong Kong

DNG or/and jpg of this 3X3 are saved under sub-folder PANORAMA on your SD card.
I stitch them with Lightroom to get a MUCH MUCH better quality picture.
2019-1-7
Use props
mimimomo
lvl.2
New Zealand

In Lightroom you end up with a 36 megapixel (7728 x 4714) image - and if you capture to DNG there is a lot you can do with an image that size. Really like the photos the OP does, great colour, low noise.
2019-1-7
Use props
Onsomehill
lvl.2
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 1-7 16:11
Glad to help.
If you use the panorama in Pro mode on your phone you can then get it to record using DNG and jpg. The DNGs edited in something like Photoshop allow for saving even larger files and if skilled, slightly better output than the jpgs provide. I'm using my Pocket to do Just that for my local museum as their collection of items are huge, (warship, submarine, 19th-century sailing ship etc.) and they are loving the output.
[view_image]

Thats a very good pic! Thanks for the additional info. I'll play some more!
2019-1-8
Use props
Onsomehill
lvl.2
United States

edwardyyy Posted at 1-7 19:14
DNG or/and jpg of this 3X3 are saved under sub-folder PANORAMA on your SD card.
I stitch them with Lightroom to get a MUCH MUCH better quality picture.

Are there any mobile apps that have similar capabilities?
2019-1-8
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Onsomehill Posted at 1-8 05:44
Thats a very good pic! Thanks for the additional info. I'll play some more!

Thanks.
That was my first days attempt just using the Pocket without using my phone, so lazily, using jpg output and letting the DJI app do the stitching on my pc.  
As for apps for phones. My smartphone is about as basic as I could get on contract. It has next to no memory or internal storage on the main drive but surprisingly copes with the Mimo app reasonably well with just a hint of lag when using the screen as a remote. As my phone has a micro USB connection I'm just thankful it works at all.  Subsequently, I don't do any post-production work on it as I don't think it would cope. Maybe another member can help you out with that question.
2019-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules