Is care refresh worth it?
2035 2 2019-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ethanol
lvl.1

United States

About a week ago I crashed my Mavic 2 Zoom and damaged the Gimbel/camera. I had (thankfully) purchased care refresh which cost $139. After I crashed it though, I saw the quote of other people's repairs. Their invoices said to replace the Gimbel was $88 and the Camera was $147 to replace. I also heard that the "small" replacement fee was $139, so in total to get the insurance and get a replacement would cost $278, which is $50 more than not using the refresh. So is refresh a total scam and useless, or is it for repairs upward of $600? Or maybe because my case has less damage I have to pay less for a replacement or repair? Someone, please clarify.

2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi ethanol, sorry for the confusion. Generally, the repair fees include the component cost and repair service fee. More details, you may visit this link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/price-inquiry
If the repair cost is less than the replacement fee, you may choose to pay the repair quotation, instead of using the replacement chance. Hope this helps. If you encounter any difficulties during the progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we're glad to help.

X.png
2019-1-7
Use props
AlexSW
lvl.2
Australia

From what I understand, your best bet would be to include the drone in your home insurance. Do make sure that the insurer covers damage and lost while flying.  The biggest problem with care refresh is that it does not cover lost drones. You have to be able to recover drone in order to make a claim. It’s actually quite easy to lose a drone in water or forest. Overall, I don't think care refresh is that worthwhile.
2019-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules