How to find lost mavic pro every time!
7543 34 2019-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Graystar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 865440 ft

United States

Simply Take coordinates from flight data log and enter into Backcountry Pro app on android phone......go to physical area where lost ur drone,....Backcountry will show "waypoint" u entered and it shows where u are in real time.....walk to drone following screen directions....I found mine in thick, knarly, nasty woods no problem....I never would have found it without the Backcountry app and flight log data.

2019-1-7
Use props
dreamhouse
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137740 ft
United States

Pro tip there! I've done the same thing with Gaia.
2019-1-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

All sounds good, until your drone disconnects or fails to update your SmartDevice running GO-4.  There are numerous stories here where having last GPS coordinates didn't help locate lost drone.  Including trying to use last series of GPS coordiantes to plot probable path lost drone took.  People have even tried to figure out distance drone could have flown based on remaining battery power at time of disconnect.

Which is why you find some here buying and attaching tracking devices to their drones.  

2019-1-7
Use props
Highest Flyer
lvl.1

United States

dreamhouse Posted at 1-7 21:03
Pro tip there! I've done the same thing with Gaia.

Very Cool...
I tried  to find my Mavic a couple of times before I found it but I didn't put enough effort into entering exact coordinates and I did a few in a circular area as the crash data log line jumped in a circular pattern at the end... I was also fortunate enough to find a video on my SD card of the flight and saw the tree that ran into.......I brought the 2 gps icons together on my Samsung edge  and by gosh there it was sitting on the ground fell out of 125 cottonwood.
2019-1-7
Use props
Highest Flyer
lvl.1

United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 1-7 22:43
All sounds good, until your drone disconnects or fails to update your SmartDevice running GO-4.  There are numerous stories here where having last GPS coordinates didn't help locate lost drone.  Including trying to use last series of GPS coordiantes to plot probable path lost drone took.  People have even tried to figure out distance drone could have flown based on remaining battery power at time of disconnect.

Which is why you find some here buying and attaching tracking devices to their drones.

Good points all...dang, I'm honestly feeling very lucky now after reading ur reply.
2019-1-7
Use props
maddox
First Officer
Malaysia

Cool! Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-8
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

My spark disconnected from the remote, flew away with very strong winds and was never seen again
Forever lost

Flysafely
Alex
2019-1-8
Use props
Gazmg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

Dont loose it in the first palce i say !
2019-1-8
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And providing google maps with co-ordinates works well.
2019-1-8
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

1: Hang a baggie off rear arm
2: Fill baggie with breadcrumbs
3: Poke a small hole in bottom of baggie
4: Take off and fly

You know the rest
2019-1-8
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

You guys know you can track your lost drone with DJI Go 4, too, right? The sound alert feature comes in real handy, assuming the battery remains attached and has juice.

2019-1-8
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Ex Machina Posted at 1-8 13:13
You guys know you can track your lost drone with DJI Go 4, too, right? The sound alert feature comes in real handy, assuming the battery remains attached and has juice.

[view_image]

It’s useless if the drone has disconnected from the remote in the air, as happens countless times!!!

Fly safely
Alex
2019-1-8
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Alex B. Posted at 1-8 16:28
It’s useless if the drone has disconnected from the remote in the air, as happens countless times!!!

Fly safely

I'm pointing out you don't necessarily need a third party app to do what the OP is pitching, of course it comes with the same caveat, and as I mention, the additional feature to flash lights and send out a chirp works only so long as you still have connectivity.

I've found my downed bird in high brush over very rough ground using the audio alert feature, doubt very much I'd have found it otherwise.
2019-1-8
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Why did you not use Find my drone in Go4?
It does the same  and you dont have to put waypoint in manually.
It can also turn on lights and sound in some drones.
2019-1-8
Use props
GroTToFlyeR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 1-8 18:34
I'm pointing out you don't necessarily need a third party app to do what the OP is pitching, of course it comes with the same caveat, and as I mention, the additional feature to flash lights and send out a chirp works only so long as you still have connectivity.

I've found my downed bird in high brush over very rough ground using the audio alert feature, doubt very much I'd have found it otherwise.

Found mine with the go4 also. Beeping feature really handy !
2019-1-13
Use props
Highest Flyer
lvl.1

United States

Ex Machina Posted at 1-8 18:34
I'm pointing out you don't necessarily need a third party app to do what the OP is pitching, of course it comes with the same caveat, and as I mention, the additional feature to flash lights and send out a chirp works only so long as you still have connectivity.

I, for one, did not know of this feature....I can't believe it!....thanks so much....my last drone had a beeper (Traxxas Aton) and I was surprised that the mavic pro did not..such a basic thing and so important....
Feeling sort of dumb......thanks again Ex Machina.
2019-1-16
Use props
Highest Flyer
lvl.1

United States

Ex Machina Posted at 1-8 13:13

[view_image]

Like other pilots have reiterated, the drone must be connected after crash/loss...I just tried and the feature is great, but I would imagine most crashes would result in dissconnection and also, I would bet most crashes/losses, the incident takes place near the end of its battery life and sitting there in the bushes, it's gonna drain quick...still this is the case with all drones - so u gotta act quick and keep ur wits about you!
2019-1-16
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Highest Flyer Posted at 1-16 20:53
I, for one, did not know of this feature....I can't believe it!....thanks so much....my last drone had a beeper (Traxxas Aton) and I was surprised that the mavic pro did not..such a basic thing and so important....
Feeling sort of dumb......thanks again Ex Machina.

The feature was added-on at some point so it would be easy to miss -- the first iOS release of Find My Drone always showed your dron's location in what I presume was the factory in China that manufactured them!
2019-1-17
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Highest Flyer Posted at 1-16 21:20
Like other pilots have reiterated, the drone must be connected after crash/loss...I just tried and the feature is great, but I would imagine most crashes would result in dissconnection and also, I would bet most crashes/losses, the incident takes place near the end of its battery life and sitting there in the bushes, it's gonna drain quick...still this is the case with all drones - so u gotta act quick and keep ur wits about you!

Even too depleted to fly, I suspect the battery will last for a long time still if it only has to power the radio and other on-board electronics. No reason not to commence the search immediately, of course, but maybe you don't have to stress quite so much during what is already guaranteed a stressful event!
2019-1-17
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Thank you all for a wealth of information, some really good examples and suggestions.   
2019-1-17
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gazmg Posted at 1-8 11:46
Dont loose it in the first palce i say !

Better to lose a shot than lose a drone is my motto.
2019-1-17
Use props
zinedine48
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47408 ft
Argentina

Hi. I need de versión PRO for found ir?
2019-1-17
Use props
zinedine48
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47408 ft
Argentina

Hi. I need de versión PRO for found ir?
2019-1-17
Use props
Captdan555
lvl.3
Flight distance : 301047 ft
United States

You can do the same thing in google maps.. just enter the lat/long and select drive, walk, or bus
2019-1-18
Use props
djiuser_ne6lFo9gLs89
lvl.1
Flight distance : 309173 ft

Slovakia

Please help me out with this situation. Yesterday in perfect whether condition, only 194 m away from me, 112 m high, at 59% level of battery (I have 3 batterys to avoid low battery power), with RTH settings on (worked perfectly couple of times) I suddenly lost connection with the drone getting a few notifications on the controller and in 10 seconds it was gone from the screen. The video it made is some how corrupt, I can’t open it with anything. It’s very much looks like a battery failure. I can’t find it so I’m hartbroke because I was saving up for it over a year. I’m a big fan of DJI already had Phanton 2 and Phantom 3 so I’m not a beginner. I really hoping to get an appropriate support from you as I’m even even using for work and has over 2000 followers on Instagram due to my drone work.
2020-4-22
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Iceland

djiuser_ne6lFo9gLs89 Posted at 4-22 11:52
Please help me out with this situation. Yesterday in perfect whether condition, only 194 m away from me, 112 m high, at 59% level of battery (I have 3 batterys to avoid low battery power), with RTH settings on (worked perfectly couple of times) I suddenly lost connection with the drone getting a few notifications on the controller and in 10 seconds it was gone from the screen. The video it made is some how corrupt, I can’t open it with anything. It’s very much looks like a battery failure. I can’t find it so I’m hartbroke because I was saving up for it over a year. I’m a big fan of DJI already had Phanton 2 and Phantom 3 so I’m not a beginner. I really hoping to get an appropriate support from you as I’m even even using for work and has over 2000 followers on Instagram due to my drone work.

Use this link to upload your flight log and post back link to the result.
phantomhelp/LogViewer/Upload/
2020-4-23
Use props
djiuser_ne6lFo9gLs89
lvl.1

Slovakia

G_Sig Posted at 4-23 04:12
Use this link to upload your flight log and post back link to the result.
phantomhelp/LogViewer/Upload/

I put it on but nothing interesting
2020-4-26
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Iceland

djiuser_ne6lFo9gLs89 Posted at 4-26 11:32
I put it on but nothing interesting

Post back the link, it's something in it.
2020-4-26
Use props
djiuser_ne6lFo9gLs89
lvl.1

Slovakia

G_Sig Posted at 4-26 11:52
Post back the link, it's something in it.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/WN4YTGCKRYYOR5XADVL2/
2020-4-26
Use props
djiuser_ne6lFo9gLs89
lvl.1

Slovakia

Please help me out with this situation. Yesterday in perfect whether condition, only 194 m away from me, 112 m high, at 59% level of battery (I have 3 batterys to avoid low battery power), with RTH settings on (worked perfectly couple of times) I suddenly lost connection with the drone getting a few notifications on the controller and in 10 seconds it was gone from the screen. The video it made is some how corrupt, I can’t open it with anything. It’s very much looks like a battery failure. I can’t find it so I’m hartbroke because I was saving up for it over a year. I’m a big fan of DJI already had Phanton 2 and Phantom 3 so I’m not a beginner. I really hoping to get an appropriate support from you as I’m even even using for work and has over 2000 followers on Instagram due to my drone work.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/WN4YTGCKRYYOR5XADVL2/

Thank you

2020-4-26
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

As long as you have the last reported signal on the FInd My Drone, you should always be within a few feet of finding the Mavic Pro.
2020-4-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

David Martin Graff Posted at 4-26 22:58
As long as you have the last reported signal on the FInd My Drone, you should always be within a few feet of finding the Mavic Pro.

Except when the drone gets blown away with the wind and loses contact with the controller. If that happens, it could be miles away.
2020-4-26
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 4-26 23:35
Except when the drone gets blown away with the wind and loses contact with the controller. If that happens, it could be miles away.

Boy I have been flying DJI drones for 3 years and never lost my drones yet, wouldn't want to see that happen.
2020-6-19
Use props
Lonesome Crow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2019-1-8 13:13

[view_image]

I actually use this from time to time as practice just to stay up to date on using.  Doesn't have to be in a tall field of grass....I sometimes use a freshly cut hayfield.  But still, a good practice to do.  Great write up on how to here!
2020-6-30
Use props
Another ID
New

United States

Im new so thanks for the tip
2020-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules