Side RC cable connection on controller???
1330 10 2019-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stormlight
New
Australia

Hey guys I have searched far and wide for the name and type of connection on the side of the controller.
There are mentions to USB-C or micro-USB and when you try to put these into that plug they do not fit as they are completely different shapes. It is clearly not these!

The reason I would like to know the connection type is because to do the official DJI Flight simulators on your PC computer you need to plug your controller into the PC computer via a LONG usb cable.

I want to do this with my DJI Mavic 2 controller:

https://www.dji.com/simulator

thx for your help

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

2019-1-7
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-1-7
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you fo reaching out. with regards to the Left port of the RC, you can use the Normal Micro USB cable in order for you to connect it to the PC you may check this video that the Micro USB is used.
2019-1-8
Use props
ff22
lvl.4
United States

Brett Brandon Posted at 1-7 21:45
You need a usb "micro" jack for the side. The standard is micro type "B" but the jack on the side of the controller is micro type "A, possibly AB" (square hole). That makes it easy to insert the cable backwards and break the socket. Be careful.
Also, you should be able to use the large usb jack on the bottom of the controller. It functions the same as the side jack except it will not charge a device (phone ipad ect).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB

The side port will take a micro-usb plug (I guess it is a B) but you have to make sure to insert it correctly - with the shorter of the two longer sides (now ain't that confusing) UP.  It does accept the trapezoidal micro usb IF inserted correctly.   
2019-1-8
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-1-8
Use props
AlphaDog
lvl.3
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-8 09:36
Hi there, thank you fo reaching out. with regards to the Left port of the RC, you can use the Normal Micro USB cable in order for you to connect it to the PC you may check this video that the Micro USB is used.
https://youtu.be/-K_2HgksJM4?t=42

Hi Gamora

To update the brand new Zoom and its controller I've tried to connect the remote to the pc both with a normal micro usb cable and with the plug supplied with the Mavic Air but the DJI Assistant2 failed to recognise the controller.
I'm just able to charge the remote with these cables
The assistant 2 I've is updated
Any solution from your side ?
Thanks in advance
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AlphaDog Posted at 1-9 10:16
Hi Gamora

To update the brand new Zoom and its controller I've tried to connect the remote to the pc both with a normal micro usb cable and with the plug supplied with the Mavic Air but the DJI Assistant2 failed to recognise the controller.

Hi there, thank you for the update and sorry to hear about the trouble. If that the case I would recommend to give a try to connect the Aircraft as well on the PC just to check if the Software will recognize it and just to isolate the issue if the cable or the drivers from the computer is the problem. Please keep us posted. Thanks!
2019-1-9
Use props
AlphaDog
lvl.3
Italy

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-9 10:21
Hi there, thank you for the update and sorry to hear about the trouble. If that the case I would recommend to give a try to connect the Aircraft as well on the PC just to check if the Software will recognize it and just to isolate the issue if the cable or the drivers from the computer is the problem. Please keep us posted. Thanks!

Hi
First of all thanks for your reply, I tried several time this morning and at the end it worked out
Connecting the aircraft was not an issue from the beginning, with the remote I solved by connecting it turned off to the pc and than switch it on than off than on again and finally the Assistan2 catches it.
Both zoom and remote are updated to the last version.
2019-1-10
Use props
Boffin
lvl.4
Australia

Brett Brandon Posted at 1-7 21:45
You need a usb "micro" jack for the side. The standard is micro type "B" but the jack on the side of the controller is micro type "A, possibly AB" (square hole). That makes it easy to insert the cable backwards and break the socket. Be careful.
Also, you should be able to use the large usb jack on the bottom of the controller. It functions the same as the side jack except it will not charge a device (phone ipad ect).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USB

Micro USB ports are easy to damage by forcing the plug in the wrong way.

If one asks SWMBO nicely, a dot of red or yellow nail varnish on the plug readily indicates the correct way to the top
2019-1-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

AlphaDog Posted at 1-10 00:56
Hi
First of all thanks for your reply, I tried several time this morning and at the end it worked out
Connecting the aircraft was not an issue from the beginning, with the remote I solved by connecting it turned off to the pc and than switch it on than off than on again and finally the Assistan2 catches it.

Nice to hear that, If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Thanks!
2019-1-10
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules