Ronin-S lock is wiggling
2614 4 2019-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
miikaniko
lvl.1
Finland

Hello!

I just bought a Ronin-S and started putting it together, however after attaching the battery to the gimbal, I noticed that the lock doesn't go more than half way (yes i know this is normal). But the locking switch is wiggling up and down left and right quite badly. Also its keeping some rather unpleasant sounds (crunching). Is this normal? I don't want my camera to fall off with the gimbal mid shoot.

Thank you!
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi miikaniko, is the gimbal locked tightly or the gimbal will wiggle together with the locking switch? Any chance to share us a short video for further verification?
2019-1-8
Use props
miikaniko
lvl.1
Finland

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-8 04:04
Hi miikaniko, is the gimbal locked tightly or the gimbal will wiggle together with the locking switch? Any chance to share us a short video for further verification?

Hi! Sorry for late response. The gimbal is locked tightly, as far as it goes. Only the grey locking switch under the focus wheel is wiggling. The gimbal stays together when used and all but is this an issue? Dont worry about the "echoing" sound on the video. But that noise is coming from the switch.

2019-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

miikaniko Posted at 1-10 03:53
Hi! Sorry for late response. The gimbal is locked tightly, as far as it goes. Only the grey locking switch under the focus wheel is wiggling. The gimbal stays together when used and all but is this an issue? Dont worry about the "echoing" sound on the video. But that noise is coming from the switch.

https://youtu.be/uPeyHesozAg

Thanks for the video, we have forwarded the video to our engineers and verified this is normal as long as the gimbal is locked tightly.
2019-1-13
Use props
djiuser_aj3w5Klc1V9d
New
Mexico

Hi miikaniko, has this been an issue that affects the gimbal's performance?? Has the gimbal held up well even with the wiggling lock problem?? The locking lever of my Ronin SC is not like veeeery wiggly but it's a little loose when the battery is locked in place, and I was wondering how has your gimbal
held up with time, cause I'm afraid this might become an issue in the long term, and may be a problem that gets worse with time. I would really appreciate you input.
2019-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules