Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Series with Smart Controller Released!!
1234567Next >
28732 244 2019-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

The DJI Smart Controller is designed to maximize your outdoor flying experience with the Mavic 2 or other aircraft equipped with OcuSync 2.0. A 5.5-inch built-in screen displays clear, bright images, even under challenging conditions. Intuitive controls and pre-installed features like SkyTalk and the DJI GO 4 app get you up in the air quicker, clearer, and more conveniently than ever before.

Click here to know more details:
1. DJI Smart Controller:  GO!
2. Mavic 2 Zoom (DJI Smart Controller): GO!
3. Mavic 2 Pro (DJI Smart Controller): GO!

320new.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7new.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Click here to know more details:
1. DJI Smart Controller:  GO!
2. Mavic 2 Zoom (DJI Smart Controller): GO!
3. Mavic 2 Pro (DJI Smart Controller): GO!

2019-1-8
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I just ordered it. Hope it'll be shipped soon. My main reason for buying it is being able to use it in colder environments. Phones and tablets tend to shut off quickly. I will review it here after it arrives.
2019-1-8
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

650 euro is just a little bit expensive.
It's cheaper to buy a Crystal sky monitor, and reuse it with other (future) drones.
And just 1000cdm. My iPhone is 625cdm, and I had compared to a 5.5" CS in the sun. The difference was really really slight. And no GPS (Dynamic RTH).
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Rob W Posted at 1-8 06:12
I just ordered it. Hope it'll be shipped soon. My main reason for buying it is being able to use it in colder environments. Phones and tablets tend to shut off quickly. I will review it here after it arrives.

So fast
2019-1-8
Use props
Peejay1977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123717 ft
United Kingdom

What's a "spearker"?

2019-1-8
Use props
Satureyes
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524908 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Looks like the OS is different to the existing CrystalSky.
Has DJI abandoned Cs now? Or will we see firmware updates to bring the CS software in line with the new device?
2019-1-8
Use props
Rob W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Yes! *L* Hope the controller is shipped equally fast
2019-1-8
Use props
n8000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41450 ft
Germany

Ordered it, hope i can run Litchi on it, otherwise ill have to cancel or return it.
2019-1-8
Use props
djiuser_bDVQsHtAnaTJ
New
Flight distance : 8615 ft
United Kingdom

Looks great.
2019-1-8
Use props
fans802e59b3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 327352 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

n8000 Posted at 1-8 06:24
Ordered it, hope i can run Litchi on it, otherwise ill have to cancel or return it.

According to DroningOn on YouTube you can run litchi on it..
2019-1-8
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

And, it has a 3way switch... is it atti (or positioning) mode?
Just curious, is it, or will it be compatible with the mavic 1 too? Because at first the mavic2 remote was supposed to be compatible too.
I really like it, but I have a mavic one..
2019-1-8
Use props
ny300z
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

hahah cool but absolute ripoff. half the price of the drone
2019-1-8
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

GhostWolf010 Posted at 1-8 07:08
And, it has a 3way switch... is it atti (or positioning) mode?
Just curious, is it, or will it be compatible with the mavic 1 too? Because at first the mavic2 remote was supposed to be compatible too.
I really like it, but I have a mavic one..

The regular RC has the same 3-way switch, Tripod/P-Mode/and Sport
Also I don't see any GPS?
2019-1-8
Use props
DanielTheRider
lvl.4
United States

Is this all DJI will be announcing as far as products?
2019-1-8
Use props
bikoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Not available in your country/region!!!
2019-1-8
Use props
Corvus monedula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3550594 ft
Poland

Luca Rubino Posted at 1-8 06:15
And no GPS (Dynamic RTH).

There is GPS+GLONASS in specs (https://www.dji.com/pl/smart-controller/specs).

What the spec sheet does not mention however is physical dimensons. We can only guesstimate based on display diagonal.

2019-1-8
Use props
Aaron Avila
Second Officer
United States

Panda I need this! I just placed my order yesterday. It wasn't available. Can you get it for me please?
2019-1-8
Use props
FlyingFish82
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3662503 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's cheaper to buy a Crystal sky monitor, and reuse it with other (future) drones.
And just 1000cdm. My iPhone is 625cdm, and I had compared to a 5.5" CS in the sun. The difference was really really slight. And no GPS (Dynamic RTH).

Lucas where does it state it does NOT have Dynamic RTH? as i understand that is a setting on the drone itself not the controller, and this controller has GPS integration so im sure it will most likely have even more accurate Dynamic RTH. Please share where you read otherwise?

Thanks!
2019-1-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Cougar1 Posted at 1-8 07:13
The regular RC has the same 3-way switch, Tripod/P-Mode/and Sport
Also I don't see any GPS?

It has gps module.
2019-1-8
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Been flying with the CS for over a year.  basically same specs. don't really see the need for a pricy upgrade.  if it output recorded in 4k, well then maybe.
2019-1-8
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Please enable DJI Select coupons to work with this item!!!
2019-1-8
Use props
TheDon
First Officer
Flight distance : 7951273 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Interesting . I have a tricky question. As we all know it has an HDMI port. Is this port only a HDMI-in feed or also an HDMI out? My old Inspire 1 controller has a micro-hdmi input, this way I managed and still do live feed for Television crews. The problem is that it's limited to 720p. Would be awesome if this could send out an 1080p feed.
2019-1-8
Use props
BobB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

That Spearker is what makes them so expensive
2019-1-8
Use props
cristiano1976pt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322156 ft
  • >>>
Germany

i hope for the people who buys this thing that the support will be better then for the CS. We CS User are always waiting for the lastest updates and don't get them. I think DJI should take more care about his customers. Now it would be nice to bring a update to CS with the same look and feel for the Device like it is on the Smart Controller. We costumers spend a lot of money into CS and the support is bad.
2019-1-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheDon Posted at 1-8 08:31
Interesting . I have a tricky question. As we all know it has an HDMI port. Is this port only a HDMI-in feed or also an HDMI out? My old Inspire 1 controller has a micro-hdmi input, this way I managed and still do live feed for Television crews. The problem is that it's limited to 720p. Would be awesome if this could send out an 1080p feed.

I may have misread the specs but it looks like it sends out 4K at 60p...
2019-1-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

TheDon Posted at 1-8 08:31
Interesting . I have a tricky question. As we all know it has an HDMI port. Is this port only a HDMI-in feed or also an HDMI out? My old Inspire 1 controller has a micro-hdmi input, this way I managed and still do live feed for Television crews. The problem is that it's limited to 720p. Would be awesome if this could send out an 1080p feed.

It’s HDMI out, it is 1080p and you can run a live feed from it, for this is what makes a big difference for me and will certainly sway me towards the new controller.
On my P4Pro I had to buy a HDMI module and it cost me €130 on its own.
2019-1-8
Use props
ArtistFirst
lvl.4
Flight distance : 986716 ft
United States

A little bit expensive? It has the switching like the Goggles but the Goggles have so much more technology and development. Upon seeing, i. IMMEDIATELY was going to purchase it but it is out of control prices IMHO. I realize it’s more than some people realize. It has 2.4 and 5.8 and runs on a OS platform so it’s not JUST a controller but it’s made for a 1499 full priced UAS and to pay $649 for a controller with a monitor is too much. $350 or less would be the sweet spot. It’s so expensive, why someone would get this instead of the RE Goggles (the white ones don’t have both signals) is crazy. The RE was just 449 (the white ones are currently 349), of course the second I was about to buy the RE, it went up to 549 (still a fair price).

The Goggles have more technology and physical  hardware than that remote. I love DJI and am willing to pay a premium but this is the first time I’ve ever felt the need to complain about the price of a DJI product but WOW! Sweet though.
2019-1-8
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

squeezing the Mavic series at its best for an unaffordable price ..nice

2019-1-8
Use props
coyote137
lvl.1
Flight distance : 255161 ft
United Kingdom

I have both mavic2 pro and mavic2 zoom,

would i need to buy x2 smart controllers or will x1 smart controller work with both mavics and remember individual settings for each, like model memory.

Similar to my RC transmitter for my model aircraft and helicopters I have x1 transmitter with x 50 models settings stored for each model.
2019-1-8
Use props
fans1f4a3127
lvl.4
Germany

Works the Controller with the Mavic Pro?

Greetz Pyroschnüffler
2019-1-8
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Pity, it 's Not supporting original Mavic pro
But when the time has come to move to Mavic 2 I'll consider it
2019-1-8
Use props
Flyingcougar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 654528 ft
United States

I wonder what the package price will be without the standard controller or if it remains an accessory item only?
2019-1-8
Use props
Illuminations
First Officer
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

I really want this, but $650 is a lot of cash. I totally understand why it would cost that much since it basically has a high end smartphone built into it, but even so it's hard for me to justify spending Ronin S level money on a remote control. If I were getting this with a new drone then yeah, it would be totally worth the extra cash, as it's discounted by $200 in a bundle. I still might bight the bullet at some point, as this would be a huge improvement over my current smartphone/controller setup. However, I'm tempted to wait for DJI's next drone (the phantom 5?) and buy it as a bundle with that!
2019-1-8
Use props
Illuminations
First Officer
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

What would be great would be a trade in program where we could send in our old controllers and get a $200 discount!
2019-1-8
Use props
eggbeater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3502972 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a CS 5.5 with HDMI out, GPS and all the bells and whistles this has that's used between three different DJI aircraft.  This a silly "dead end" device that will not be usable once the Mavic 2  becomes obsolete by the Mavic 2s or the 3 or the 3s etc..  Sales will be flat.
2019-1-8
Use props
fans5d497390
lvl.2
United States

DJI, on  your webite it says the HDMI-out port is for "playback", but can it live stream as well?  And can it simultaneously live stream out of the HDMI port to an external monitor WHILE also streaming on the Smart Controller screen at the same time?  Is there the ability to stream a different set of info to the external monitor vs the Smart Controller screen, such as a live video feed on one and map on the other??
2019-1-8
Use props
Jerkman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 197054 ft
United States

Will this work with the P4P version 2.0 (which has occusync)?
2019-1-8
Use props
DPOV
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah I noticed that too.

What happened to DJI's editor?
2019-1-8
Use props
DPOV
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BobB Posted at 1-8 08:44
That Spearker is what makes them so expensive

2019-1-8
Use props
DPOV
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'll stick to my iPhone Plus screen. If it ain't broke, don't fix it for me.
2019-1-8
Use props
1234567Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules