Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Series with Smart Controller Released!!
28730 244 2019-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
saem
lvl.4
Canada

Jerkman Posted at 1-8 10:32
Will this work with the P4P version 2.0 (which has occusync)?

Yes Will work if you have ocusync 2.0  According to the information
2019-1-8
Use props
Boardtalk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 209642 ft
Ireland

Love it! Except its a bit pricey for me.
I have the origional Mavic pro and the biggest put off was messing around trying to attach my mobile and the cord to the controller - it just takes so long. I've actually held onto my old iPhone just so I can leave it attached.

In time and when upgrading, this is what I want along with the Mavic 2 Hasselblad

2019-1-8
Use props
mcomperini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 586447 ft
Italy

Hi,
I am thinking to buy this "Smart Controller" for my Mavic 2 Pro.

My question:
Does it fit in the "Mavic 2 Protector Case" (Link https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-2-protector-case)?
The Dji Support on facebook isn't shure....

Thank you.

Markus
2019-1-8
Use props
Moni Johnson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Saw this and was sold on the Mavic Pro 2 finally. Then, I saw the price. Unsold. Haha.
2019-1-8
Use props
Illuminations
First Officer
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

eggbeater Posted at 1-8 10:17
I have a CS 5.5 with HDMI out, GPS and all the bells and whistles this has that's used between three different DJI aircraft.  This a silly "dead end" device that will not be usable once the Mavic 2  becomes obsolete by the Mavic 2s or the 3 or the 3s etc..  Sales will be flat.

I don't know that it'll become obsolete as soon as that - the phantom 5 should be coming soon, and I would be surprised if it wasn't compatible with that as well. The wireless tech on the Mavic 2 is so good I don't see any need for DJI to upgrade it, so maybe they'll just focus on improving other areas in future drones.
2019-1-8
Use props
Aaron Avila
Second Officer
United States

ADMIN Combo links bad!
2019-1-8
Use props
cristiano1976pt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322156 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DanielVieira Posted at 1-8 08:30
Please enable DJI Select coupons to work with this item!!!

They Will Never do that.
2019-1-8
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Is the right wheel clickable? Like P4P remote? To change shutter speed and aperture?
2019-1-8
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

cristiano1976pt Posted at 1-8 13:21
They Will Never do that.

They have done it with Osmo Pocket accessories.
2019-1-8
Use props
Nicoricosancho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft
Canada

This is just awesome!!! what a pain to plug your phone everytime in the controller, this was the major downside of the DJI drones since the start! people complain about the price but if you buy it with the drone combo, it comes to 400$ extra not so bad compare to buying a new phone if yours is too old(which I had to do myself). I'm buying !! Maybe they should ve put the screen on top tho. That's all I see!
2019-1-8
Use props
SkyEye21
lvl.3
United States

Wow, impressive.  I like the very low and very high operational temperatures as I have had an IPAD shutdown because it was too hot outside.
2019-1-8
Use props
Cmartin3977
lvl.4
Flight distance : 304744 ft
United States

Any guesses how many months it takes and how may updates  before it operates correctly with no issues?
2019-1-8
Use props
04in719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'd like confirmation that it will connect to the new P42.0 and that it can run Litchi. If it does I'm sold.
2019-1-8
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I just bought one. But I sincerely hope your description that it will work with any Occusync 2.0 drone is actually correct. Does this or does this not work with the DGI Goggles RE Occusync 2 flight packs?
2019-1-8
Use props
04in719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

How did you buy it, says out of stock for me.
2019-1-8
Use props
CharlieZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Really cool!
2019-1-8
Use props
CharlieZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

However, it's expensive. LOL
2019-1-8
Use props
Schmooit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1336581 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DPOV Posted at 1-8 10:56
I'll stick to my iPhone Plus screen. If it ain't broke, don't fix it for me.

Same for me it looks cool but IPhone X screen is pretty good and I can keep that in my pocket so storing this in the magic 2 bag might be an issue! Just too pricey for what it is
2019-1-8
Use props
djiuser_VCgeMn08yZbI
lvl.1

United States

Wish I knew about this before I got my Mavic 2 Pro
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Luca Rubino Posted at 1-8 06:15
650 euro is just a little bit expensive.
It's cheaper to buy a Crystal sky monitor, and reuse it with other (future) drones.
And just 1000cdm. My iPhone is 625cdm, and I had compared to a 5.5" CS in the sun. The difference was really really slight. And no GPS (Dynamic RTH).

Hi Luca, the Smart Controller has built-in GPS and supports Dynamic RTH. Anyway, thanks for heading up, wish you have a good time.
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Peejay1977, sorry for the troubles. This has been revised, please kindly check later, thank you!
1.png
2019-1-8
Use props
ajmckay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 64682 ft
United States

Pretty awesome controller!   The price is pretty high - but basically it's a limited capability android smartphone that's been designed for harsh temperatures and that's been combined with a remote and large battery pack.   I think it's a great idea - I hope that if it catches on they become much cheaper over time and maybe come out with a more "base" version?  

I think this would be great for someone who likes to take their drone out to remote locations where you need to use your phone while using the drone, or at least need to keep the phone battery for things like nav, etc...   

My main question is regarding it's OS.   My understanding is that it runs Android.  Most of what I've read indicates that DJI products typically work best on iOS platform.  Does this mean that Android will be their preferred platform going forward?  Hmmm...
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Satureyes Posted at 1-8 06:22
Looks like the OS is different to the existing CrystalSky.
Has DJI abandoned Cs now? Or will we see firmware updates to bring the CS software in line with the new device?

Hi Satureyes, the smart controller and CrystalSky have customized Android system and optimized DJI GO 4 App which is depth-fitted for the corresponding device. For the CrystalSky, it is still one of the most important members in DJI products. Currently, we have not received any news about the updates for CrystalSky for now, please keep an eye on our website for the future update, thank you!
2019-1-8
Use props
OscarD
lvl.2
United States

Does anyone know if this controller will fit in the DJI Mavic 2 hard case?
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rob W Posted at 1-8 06:23
Yes! *L* Hope the controller is shipped equally fast

Hi Rob, there will be estimated shipping time when you placed the order and we'll arrange to ship according to your pay time. If you encounter any difficulties during the progress, feel free to contact us with your order number, we're glad to help.
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GhostWolf010 Posted at 1-8 07:08
And, it has a 3way switch... is it atti (or positioning) mode?
Just curious, is it, or will it be compatible with the mavic 1 too? Because at first the mavic2 remote was supposed to be compatible too.
I really like it, but I have a mavic one..

Hi GhostWolf010, there are three switches on the Smart Controller: T, P and S. It does not support to switch to ATTI manually. Also, the Smart Controller does not support Mavic Pro for now, please keep an eye on our official website for further update, thank you!
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cougar1 Posted at 1-8 07:13
The regular RC has the same 3-way switch, Tripod/P-Mode/and Sport
Also I don't see any GPS?

Hi Cougar1, the Smart Controller has built-in GPS, you may check the spec here: https://www.dji.com/se/smart-controller/specs
2.png
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

bikoo Posted at 1-8 07:18
Not available in your country/region!!!

Hi bikoo, sorry for this. The status might be different for various countries and regions. You may also check with the local dealers: https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Aaron Avila Posted at 1-8 07:33
Panda I need this! I just placed my order yesterday. It wasn't available. Can you get it for me please?

Hi Aaron, thanks for heading up. The status might be different for various countries and regions. You may click the In Stock Reminder and enter your contact information, we'll send you an email as soon as the product is available. Alternatively, you may contact the local dealers to check: https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2019-1-8
Use props
cristiano1976pt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322156 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DanielVieira Posted at 1-8 13:55
They have done it with Osmo Pocket accessories.

But not with all thinks. Sometimes there all accessories there sometimes only the Bundle.If they do that it would be also a nice option for me.

2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DanielVieira Posted at 1-8 08:30
Please enable DJI Select coupons to work with this item!!!

Hi DanielVieira, DJI Smart Controller is not applicable for the accessory coupons of the DJI Select, sorry about this.
2019-1-8
Use props
jorgeo65
lvl.2
Flight distance : 209498 ft
Australia

I asked DJI last month about new controller, this is what they told me.
{ Hi jorgeo65, we do not have news about the RC with the built-in screen for Mavic 2 for now. This will be collected and forwarded to the designated team for further review.}
I would of waited and not bought a new screen if DJI told me coming soon.
thanks for nothing DJI.
2019-1-8
Use props
Str1atum
Flight distance : 16247 ft
Germany

Does it fit into the hard case and into the bag that comes with the "fly more" kit?
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

coyote137 Posted at 1-8 09:42
I have both mavic2 pro and mavic2 zoom,

would i need to buy x2 smart controllers or will x1 smart controller work with both mavics and remember individual settings for each, like model memory.

Hi coyote137, the smart controller cannot be connected with Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic 2 Zoom at the same time. If you want to switch from one to another, please refer to the tutorial video and link RC:
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans1f4a3127 Posted at 1-8 09:47
Works the Controller with the Mavic Pro?

Greetz Pyroschnüffler

Hi there, the Smart Controller does not support Mavic Pro for now, please keep an eye on our official website for future progress, thanks so much!
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

TheDon Posted at 1-8 08:31
Interesting . I have a tricky question. As we all know it has an HDMI port. Is this port only a HDMI-in feed or also an HDMI out? My old Inspire 1 controller has a micro-hdmi input, this way I managed and still do live feed for Television crews. The problem is that it's limited to 720p. Would be awesome if this could send out an 1080p feed.

Hi TheDon, the port on DJI Smart Controller is HDMI out which supports send out up to 4K.
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

cristiano1976pt Posted at 1-8 08:49
i hope for the people who buys this thing that the support will be better then for the CS. We CS User are always waiting for the lastest updates and don't get them. I think DJI should take more care about his customers. Now it would be nice to bring a update to CS with the same look and feel for the Device like it is on the Smart Controller. We costumers spend a lot of money into CS and the support is bad.

Hi cristiano1976pt, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience. For DJI Smart Controller, the built-in DJI GO 4 app and the standard DJI GO 4 app will be simultaneously updated. There will be a reminder if the new version is available. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us.
2019-1-8
Use props
mcomperini
lvl.2
Flight distance : 586447 ft
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 1-8 22:39
Hi TheDon, the port on DJI Smart Controller is HDMI out which supports send out up to 4K.

Hi Susan,
I want also to know, if the new controller will fit in the DJI Hard-Case

On the pictures I think it will fit, but I am not sure.
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Flyingcougar Posted at 1-8 10:01
I wonder what the package price will be without the standard controller or if it remains an accessory item only?

Hello Flyingcougar, the price might be different for various countries and regions, you may select the version to check: https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-2?vid=45311&from=store_index_banner
A.jpg.png
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jerkman Posted at 1-8 10:32
Will this work with the P4P version 2.0 (which has occusync)?

Hi Jerkman, the Smart Controller will work with P4P V2.0 in the future, please kindly wait for the firmware update, thank you!
2019-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules