Mavic 2 Series with Smart Controller Released!!
28762 238 2019-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cristiano1976pt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322156 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Chevy3717 Posted at 1-14 04:05
I will be buying this as soon as it come available in the U.S. I have read about every article and watched about 20 YouTube reviews on it. I'm in

I would also buy on. But only if they but them into the DJ Select Option.
2019-1-15
Use props
Flyx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91812431 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, I ordered the mavic 2 zoom (dji smart controller). I reading about smart controller automatically switches between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz. But i want back to 2.4GHz!
2019-1-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

bjr981s Posted at 1-15 02:38
Hi Susan,

I think we are taking about different cases. It does not fit the DJI Hard Case. I haven't tried in the Fly More Soft Case. I don't use mine and they are in storage.

Hi Brian, sorry for the late response. For the Mavic 2 Protector Case, you may refer to the below pictures to check. For the support of Goggles RE, it will available in the future via the firmware update.
Regarding the connection with the Mac/PC, may I have the screenshot for better assistance? Thank you so much!
AA.png
2019-1-17
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 1-17 01:45
Hi Brian, sorry for the late response. For the Mavic 2 Protector Case, you may refer to the below pictures to check. For the support of Goggles RE, it will available in the future via the firmware update.
Regarding the connection with the Mac/PC, may I have the screenshot for better assistance? Thank you so much!

Thanks Susan,

The picture helped. I removed the 2 side foam pieces. I don't have the third piece. I bought the first release of the cases. Looks like you have updated the internal foam design. I dont have the Battery hole near the controller or the manuals hole near the rear of the Mavic.

The Chinese panel is below and picture of my different case. I have gotten the Assistant 2 working now. You must power up the controller after it is connected. to the PC / Mac. Helps to read the manual properly. Doh.

2019-1-17
Use props
fansa7e34cd9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2538474 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 1-12 23:17
Hi there, the DJI Smart Controller is compatible with any DJI drone that uses OcuSync 2.0. For Mavic 2 Enterprise, it will also be compatible in the future, you may visit this link: https://www.dji.com/smart-controller?site=brandsite&from=nav

well thats funny because if you go onto the facebook forums with the DJI guys on there they are saying new firmware will be released approx end of Feb to allow use of M2Enterprise units ?????

So who is right then ?
2019-1-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansa7e34cd9 Posted at 1-17 06:06
well thats funny because if you go onto the facebook forums with the DJI guys on there they are saying new firmware will be released approx end of Feb to allow use of M2Enterprise units ?????

So who is right then ?

Do you refer to the firmware of DJI Smart Controller? If yes, please kindly provide us with the link, I'll double check with our engineers, thank you so much!
2019-1-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

bjr981s Posted at 1-17 04:32
Thanks Susan,

The picture helped. I removed the 2 side foam pieces. I don't have the third piece. I bought the first release of the cases. Looks like you have updated the internal foam design. I dont have the Battery hole near the controller or the manuals hole near the rear of the Mavic.

Received with thanks! For the protective case, I'll double check with the team. Regarding the Chinese panel, I've forwarded to our engineers and they will optimize in the future, thanks for your feedback.
2019-1-18
Use props
djiuser_uipfJnPvoSx6
New
Flight distance : 6722 ft
Malaysia

Dji should produce a smart controller that can support the mavic air as well. To be honest i am a bit disappointed knowing the smart controller are designed only for the latest dji drones..
2019-1-18
Use props
djiuser_uipfJnPvoSx6
New
Malaysia

Dji should produce a smart controller that can support mavic air and the older models as well.  To be honest i am quite dissapointed knowing that smart the smart controller only support the latest drones...
2019-1-18
Use props
djiuser_uipfJnPvoSx6
New
Malaysia

Dji should produce a smart controller that can support mavic air and the older models as well.  To be honest i am quite dissapointed knowing that smart the smart controller only support the latest drones...
2019-1-18
Use props
TheVegeta1974
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Looks cool
2019-1-18
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 1-8 22:43
Hi cristiano1976pt, we sincerely apologize for the unpleasant experience. For DJI Smart Controller, the built-in DJI GO 4 app and the standard DJI GO 4 app will be simultaneously updated. There will be a reminder if the new version is available. If there is any further question, feel free to contact us.

Hi Susan,

What about all of us CrystalSky users, are we just abandoned? Are we expendable?
We're looking forward to an update to CrystalSky to bring it inline with the smart controller. Currently there are a few bugs that need to be ironed out...
2019-1-18
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

I'll be giving it a miss... The Smart controller looks like a great unit, but judging by the lack of support on CS, I imagine that this controller will be just as abandoned as the CS is as soon as some new transmission device is being planned....
I love the M2Z but the CS version of Go 4 needs work... at least release a firmware update which will remove restrictions and allow us to install a generic unrestricted version of Android where we can install the regular Android DJI Go 4 app, this way you'll no longer need to be troubled by releasing CrystalSky updates as we'll use the same app as half of the other users... whats with the restrictions anyway?

I know I know.... DJI... How dare we ask for the device we paid good money for to work as intended, with the promised features without bugs...
2019-1-19
Use props
fansa180e80f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 157477 ft
  • >>>
Italy

mAIRs Posted at 1-19 00:39
I'll be giving it a miss... The Smart controller looks like a great unit, but judging by the lack of support on CS, I imagine that this controller will be just as abandoned as the CS is as soon as some new transmission device is being planned....
I love the M2Z but the CS version of Go 4 needs work... at least release a firmware update which will remove restrictions and allow us to install a generic unrestricted version of Android where we can install the regular Android DJI Go 4 app, this way you'll no longer need to be troubled by releasing CrystalSky updates as we'll use the same app as half of the other users... whats with the restrictions anyway?

With the news today of the FCC reopening the division that handles new device approvals, can we expect to see the Smart Controller anytime soon in the US?
2019-1-19
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

fansa180e80f Posted at 1-19 01:34
With the news today of the FCC reopening the division that handles new device approvals, can we expect to see the Smart Controller anytime soon in the US?

I imagine you will...  it's a business and there will always be deals made.
2019-1-19
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

mAIRs Posted at 1-19 00:39
I'll be giving it a miss... The Smart controller looks like a great unit, but judging by the lack of support on CS, I imagine that this controller will be just as abandoned as the CS is as soon as some new transmission device is being planned....

The restriction on the Crystal Sky looks to me that it does not have the Goggle Play infrastructure that is used by DJI GO 4. They have a proprietary equivalent. that's what makes updates slow.

i think this is due to issues in China allowing access to the Play store and allowing the Play infrastructure to update.

It would take a major update from Android 5 to Android 7 with the play infrastructure as they have done with the Smartcontroller.

2019-1-19
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 1-18 02:45
Received with thanks! For the protective case, I'll double check with the team. Regarding the Chinese panel, I've forwarded to our engineers and they will optimize in the future, thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Again for your help.

Do you know if we are getting a smart controller icon for our list. Would be nice. Plus Crystal Sky monitors so then we could have a better idea what people are using.

Cheers Brian
2019-1-19
Use props
Peter Hensley
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Is the controller compatible with the Mavic Air?
2019-1-19
Use props
check4twenty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108071 ft
United States

I still don’t understand why they market the controller as displaying 4K at 60 fps but the Mavic 2 only records 4K at 30 fps....Am I going to be able to use this on their next device that records in 4k60?
2019-1-19
Use props
Sky Cam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10201549 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

I'm not as experienced as you are. but if on the pictures pilot app on screen, and does not exist, i feel like christmas without christmas tree. I can install pilot app, but it does not work.
2019-1-19
Use props
Fokasy
New

United States

It looks cool.
2019-1-19
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.4
Australia

bjr981s Posted at 1-19 10:37
The restriction on the Crystal Sky looks to me that it does not have the Goggle Play infrastructure that is used by DJI GO 4. They have a proprietary equivalent. that's what makes updates slow.

i think this is due to issues in China allowing access to the Play store and allowing the Play infrastructure to update.

So why not just put the same OS on CrystalSky as is on the Smart Controller? essentially the Smart Controller is a 5.5" CS monitor connected to a controller.... Same or similar hardware... I think that DJI is having a lend of us...
2019-1-20
Use props
cristiano1976pt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322156 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Peter Hensley Posted at 1-19 15:05

No.  Only wit Drones that uses Occusync 2.0
2019-1-20
Use props
JosephP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3726421 ft
United States

I hope it ships sometime relatively soon!
2019-1-20
Use props
JosephP
lvl.2
United States

Luca Rubino Posted at 1-8 06:15
650 euro is just a little bit expensive.
It's cheaper to buy a Crystal sky monitor, and reuse it with other (future) drones.
And just 1000cdm. My iPhone is 625cdm, and I had compared to a 5.5" CS in the sun. The difference was really really slight. And no GPS (Dynamic RTH).

Crystal sky 469$, mount 79$, charger 30$, regular controller 379$. That totals $957, so how is it a bad value and a crystalsky is cheaper? Pretty simple arithmetic shows you the vale relative to the CS option.
2019-1-20
Use props
JosephP
lvl.2
United States

GhostWolf010 Posted at 1-8 07:08
And, it has a 3way switch... is it atti (or positioning) mode?
Just curious, is it, or will it be compatible with the mavic 1 too? Because at first the mavic2 remote was supposed to be compatible too.
I really like it, but I have a mavic one..

It ONLY SUPPORTS OCCUSYNC 2.0.
2019-1-20
Use props
JosephP
lvl.2
United States

geoffz Posted at 1-8 08:04
Been flying with the CS for over a year.  basically same specs. don't really see the need for a pricy upgrade.  if it output recorded in 4k, well then maybe.

It outputs 4k@60
2019-1-20
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

JosephP Posted at 1-20 05:36
It ONLY SUPPORTS OCCUSYNC 2.0.

You don't have to shout, YOU ARE NUMBER 100 WHO SAYS THE SAME, SO THE MESSAGE WAS RECEIVED A LONG TIME AGO YET. THE QUESTION WAS ASKED WHEN THERE WAS NOT MUCH INFO KNOWN YET.
2019-1-20
Use props
TheVegeta1974
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1186296 ft
United States

Looks really cool
2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

bjr981s Posted at 1-19 10:40
Thanks Again for your help.

Do you know if we are getting a smart controller icon for our list. Would be nice. Plus Crystal Sky monitors so then we could have a better idea what people are using.

This suggestion will be forwarded to the designated team to review. hope they will consider in the future.
2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

mAIRs Posted at 1-18 21:21
Hi Susan,

What about all of us CrystalSky users, are we just abandoned? Are we expendable?

Hi mAIRs, we have not received the news that the CrystalSky will be inline with DJI Smart Controller via the firmware update, sorry about this. If there is anything new, we'll release on our website immediately. Appreciate your support and attention.
2019-1-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Peter Hensley Posted at 1-19 15:05

Hi Peter, the DJI Smart Controller does not work with Mavic Air for now, please keep an eye on our website for future update, thank you!
2019-1-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sky Cam Posted at 1-19 18:57
I'm not as experienced as you are. but if on the pictures pilot app on screen, and does not exist, i feel like christmas without christmas tree. I can install pilot app, but it does not work.

Hi Sky Cam, the DJI Pilot will be compatible with Smart Controller in the future update, we'll release as soon as it is available, thank you!
2019-1-21
Use props
simojp
New
Flight distance : 11171 ft
France

Aplication joujours en anglais?
2019-1-21
Use props
Iron Jim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1732372 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just put in my purchase for the DJI Smart Controller, looks like the Government Shutdown in the USA has nothing to do with the release of the Controllers, as I live in the USA (California), although I will admit that its pricey, but then again that applies to almost anything these days, not to mention, it was the same argument I made regarding the Mavic 2 Pro, personally, I find these R/C very interesting with a few bells and whistles that the CrystalSky Monitors don't have (currently have the 5.5, and 7.85 Ultra), i'll simply use the C/S monitors for my Spark, Mavic Air, and Phantom 4, and the Smart Controller for the Mavic 2 only, The Mav2 is the one I fly the most, with the Smart Controller, it just means less items to carry around, since the controller fits into the Fly More Carrying Case.
2019-1-21
Use props
fans9355a706
New

United States

Mine should be arriving in 3 days. Is there anyone that can suggest a compact and to go travel soft backpack. The smaller the better. I have a Phantom 4 pro with a huge bag. This drone is my "go fly fast drone". Any suggestions much appreciated
2019-1-22
Use props
fans9355a706
New

United States

Mine should be arriving in 3 days. Is there anyone that can suggest a compact and to go travel soft backpack. The smaller the better. I have a Phantom 4 pro with a huge bag. This drone is my "go fly fast drone". Any suggestions much appreciated
2019-1-22
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

JosephP Posted at 1-20 05:34
Crystal sky 469$, mount 79$, charger 30$, regular controller 379$. That totals $957, so how is it a bad value and a crystalsky is cheaper? Pretty simple arithmetic shows you the vale relative to the CS option.

Most people have already invested in all of the above.  so to shell out for something you already have and works perfectly doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  unless your a form factor geek.
2019-1-24
Use props
J47xFaCe-x
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91812431 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Look nice my DJI Smart Controller, I try find the store apps but not there apps like facebook, youtube, maps and chrome etc?
2019-1-24
Use props
MP2Steve
lvl.1
United States

Purchased the Smart Controller as soon as I received notification that it was available to purchase in the US...International Fedex shipping from China on Tuesday BUT now it is hung up in Fedfex Memphis waiting Customs Approval...guess they are affected by the Government Shut Down as well...do not understand why DJI would release a device if it was only get hung up in Customs...Anyone else with this shipping Issue?
2019-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules