View/Update Date & Time on Osmo Pocket
8933 30 2019-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I've had a couple of occasions now where the footage from the OP has the wrong date and time. The first time I believe was because the battery had run down, don't think this was the case the second time as the OP had over 30% battery remaining. I'm assuming the date and time are set by plugging into a phone and retains that information unless the battery runs out? As I can see nowhere in the OP settings to set a date or time, or even just to view that information. There is also no mention of date/time in the manual.

It would be useful to see the date and time on the OP - so I know when filming those details are correct. It would also be useful to be able to update the date and time on the OP itself, in case they're wrong and I don't have my phone (unlikely) or connector (likely) with me.
2019-1-8
Use props
GunnarS
New
Sweden

I have same for video (but never emtied my battery) but it seems to be 1 h before my time and I'm GMT +1 h so I think this cane be the problem. But pics is correct, suspecting a bug.
2019-1-13
Use props
PG73
lvl.4
United Kingdom

GunnarS Posted at 1-13 02:58
I have same for video (but never emtied my battery) but it seems to be 1 h before my time and I'm GMT +1 h so I think this cane be the problem. But pics is correct, suspecting a bug.

The date on mine went back years (I forget the exact year), so I'm not sure what is choosing the date when that happens.
2019-1-13
Use props
Psoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16279465 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yes, I think the OS should have a full- time date/time function like all cameras. It should be something that's user accessible
2019-1-13
Use props
KleinPhoto
New
  • >>>
United States

Please tell me we're kidding here, and there is no way to set the Date/Time on the pocket?  I cannot have a device that creates files with an incorrect timestamp for my application... this is critical.  DJI... any help?
2019-3-11
Use props
Cloud Surfer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 436391 ft
United States

I'm also having issues where the images captured by Osmo Pocket are all dated Dec 30th 2015. My SD card is brand new and top of the line from Best Buy. I formatted it in the Osmo Pocket and when I noticed the issue I reformatted it in my Macbook Pro. Then I tried the SD card that came from DJI with my accessories pack. No luck. The only difference seems to be when I use the Osmo pocket with my mobile device. The timestamps on the images captured with the Osmo Pocket when it was connected to my mobile device are all correct. Then the images captured right after the mobile device was removed go back to Dec 30th 2015. I love the minimalism of this product and to use it without my phone connected is a must. I look forward to this issue being resolved, hopefully swiftly.
2019-3-30
Use props
fansc89cb030
New
Flight distance : 4006 ft
Hong Kong

I am having the same issue for the date and time, every time power off and on, stand-alone shooting, the date will reset to 2016-1-1, so annoying

Only way to do now is plug to the phone for shooting, for correcting the right date and time.

Checked with DJI service center they said it’s firmware problem, Hope next update can fix it.
2019-3-31
Use props
Holmes6
New
United States

Cloud Surfer Posted at 3-30 16:51
I'm also having issues where the images captured by Osmo Pocket are all dated Dec 30th 2015. My SD card is brand new and top of the line from Best Buy. I formatted it in the Osmo Pocket and when I noticed the issue I reformatted it in my Macbook Pro. Then I tried the SD card that came from DJI with my accessories pack. No luck. The only difference seems to be when I use the Osmo pocket with my mobile device. The timestamps on the images captured with the Osmo Pocket when it was connected to my mobile device are all correct. Then the images captured right after the mobile device was removed go back to Dec 30th 2015. I love the minimalism of this product and to use it without my phone connected is a must. I look forward to this issue being resolved, hopefully swiftly.

I am having the exact same issue, brand new osmo pocket with fw 01.06.00.20
2019-4-3
Use props
ayyong
New
Flight distance : 50335 ft
United States

fansc89cb030 Posted at 3-31 22:18
I am having the same issue for the date and time, every time power off and on, stand-alone shooting, the date will reset to 2016-1-1, so annoying

Only way to do now is plug to the phone for shooting, for correcting the right date and time.

I have this exact same problem. Brand new Osmo Pocket with up to date firmware.
2019-4-4
Use props
ayyong
New
Flight distance : 50335 ft
United States

fansc89cb030 Posted at 3-31 22:18
I am having the same issue for the date and time, every time power off and on, stand-alone shooting, the date will reset to 2016-1-1, so annoying

I have this exact same problem. Brand new Osmo Pocket with up to date firmware.
2019-4-4
Use props
djiuser_VbEazerTMWhj
New

Hong Kong

I have exactly the same problem!  When I shot picture/video with OSMO pocket not connected to iPhone, the picture/ video record date will always reset to xxxx 2016!
2019-4-4
Use props
djiuser_VbEazerTMWhj
New

Hong Kong

I have exactly the same problem!  When I shot picture/video with OSMO pocket not connected to iPhone, the picture/ video record date will always reset to xxxx 2016!
2019-4-4
Use props
fans5d0e42db
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_VbEazerTMWhj Posted at 4-4 18:32

Yea same problem here ... I absolutely love this cam .. but can’t have this issue with the forage being logged circa 2015 ... whole point of this cam is to not have to connect it up each time to use it... GoPro Hero 7 doesn’t have this problem and has more steaming features .... DJI we need to clean this up !
2019-4-7
Use props
Holmes6
New
United States

I'm guessing that if we could run an earlier firmware the date would be set on the camera and we could upgrade back to the current firmware.  Does anyone have the procedure for firmware downgrade?
2019-4-8
Use props
hklin
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Problem still there with the latest firmware, when will DJi fix it?
2019-4-8
Use props
canon5dm3
New
Canada

Just got a new DJI Osmo Pocket yesterday and upgraded to latest firmware.  All files are showing date stamp of Jan 1, 2016.  Annoying.  I'm connecting with a Pixel 2 XL.
2019-4-9
Use props
canon5dm3
New
Canada

canon5dm3 Posted at 4-9 06:04
Just got a new DJI Osmo Pocket yesterday and upgraded to latest firmware.  All files are showing date stamp of Jan 1, 2016.  Annoying.  I'm connecting with a Pixel 2 XL.

Just to clarify statement above, I'm shooting in standalone mode, and then connecting to a Pixel 2 XL afterwards.
2019-4-9
Use props
snowsummer
New
Japan

I had the same issue. When I used Osmo Pocket only, the time stamps were in 2015 or 2016. and when I used Osmo Pocket + iPhone, timestamps were correct.
So I formatted SD card when Osmo Pocket + iPhone from iPhone screen. So far timestamps are correct whether I use Osmo Pocket only or w/iPhone.
2019-4-9
Use props
snowsummer
New
Japan

snowsummer Posted at 4-9 17:07
I had the same issue. When I used Osmo Pocket only, the time stamps were in 2015 or 2016. and when I used Osmo Pocket + iPhone, timestamps were correct.
So I formatted SD card when Osmo Pocket + iPhone from iPhone screen. So far timestamps are correct whether I use Osmo Pocket only or w/iPhone.

key point here is"So I formatted SD card when Osmo Pocket + iPhone from iPhone screen"
2019-4-9
Use props
snowsummer
New
Japan

snowsummer Posted at 4-9 17:15
key point here is"So I formatted SD card when Osmo Pocket + iPhone from iPhone screen"

Replying to my post...sorry the mess. don know how to delete previous posts...
the issue still exist.
Only solution here is that connecting Osmo to iPhone every time I turn on Osmo, and then disconnect and take pix, vids using Osmo only.
2019-4-9
Use props
hklin
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Does it means the date will lost once you turn off the Osmo Pocket, even you turn it off for a minute?
2019-4-10
Use props
DJDream
lvl.3
Israel

I don't have this issue at all.
I am using the first version of Osmo Pocket ( a little bigger box than the actual colored one).
2019-4-10
Use props
snowsummer
New
Japan

Firmware update 01.06.00.30 fixed this issue!!!
2019-4-12
Use props
hklin
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Thank you for the fix....
2019-4-13
Use props
Oh-no
lvl.4
Hong Kong

How long the OP can keep the date/time stamp without connects to Mimo app?
2019-4-13
Use props
djiuser_ycIIqDkR1EKS
New
United States

snowsummer Posted at 4-12 08:42
Firmware update 01.06.00.30 fixed this issue!!!

I doubt if SW updates help this;  I bought mine yesterday (2019/05/12), and upon firing it up, it said a SW update was available, and I updated.  So I presumably have the latest.  My videos are date stamped late-December 2015.
2019-5-12
Use props
djiuser_ycIIqDkR1EKS
New
United States

Cloud Surfer Posted at 3-30 16:51
I'm also having issues where the images captured by Osmo Pocket are all dated Dec 30th 2015. My SD card is brand new and top of the line from Best Buy. I formatted it in the Osmo Pocket and when I noticed the issue I reformatted it in my Macbook Pro. Then I tried the SD card that came from DJI with my accessories pack. No luck. The only difference seems to be when I use the Osmo pocket with my mobile device. The timestamps on the images captured with the Osmo Pocket when it was connected to my mobile device are all correct. Then the images captured right after the mobile device was removed go back to Dec 30th 2015. I love the minimalism of this product and to use it without my phone connected is a must. I look forward to this issue being resolved, hopefully swiftly.

For mine, the date is late-December 2015 regardless of whether they were recorded connected to my iPhone or not.
2019-5-12
Use props
djiuser_ycIIqDkR1EKS
New
United States

snowsummer Posted at 4-9 17:15

Aha!  Yes, that does seem to have solved the problem, at least based upon one trial.
2019-5-12
Use props
djiuser_gW4b5uz8k4Li
New

Australia

I purchased my OSMO Pocket unit Dec 2019 and have upgraded to firmware v01.10.00.30  - This is still an issue.

When the OP is plugged into the phone it records that correct time and date. When the OP is disconnected from the phone, the correct time and date is lost and displays a date from Jan 2016.

I find DJI's lack of response on this issue unacceptable for such a critical and standard feature for video production.

I will be following this up with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission and DJI support, directly.
2020-1-23
Use props
djiuser_ltbL0fzC9ufc
New

United States

Same thing here. I got this DJI Osmo Pocket in December last year and I just noticed now that all my pictures and videos were all have datestamped of 2016. Annoying and frustrating!!
2021-6-15
Use props
Aavalaakso
First Officer
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

There should be manual time set if wanted. I would also like to see this option: overlay timestamp burned in to the video. And maybe also like Pocket 2 has ISO, SS, etc. in subtitles.

Pockets are missing many very tiny and easy to add functions.
2021-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules