Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Would you fly you Spark in a weather like this?
1045 23 2019-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CobraArtRo
First Officer
Flight distance : 868031 ft
Romania

Hi guys, i had only one battery on me, was not planing to fly my drone that day, but i couldnt resist the tentation.
Take care!
2019-1-8
Use props
Haggi
Captain
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

No, I would not.
I hesitate even the slightest amount of rain, snowflakes and fog.
But hey, thats just me!
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, thank you for sharing this video here in DJI Forum. However, we do not recommend to use the aircraft in severe weather conditions. These include wind speeds exceeding 10 m/s (22 mp), snow, rain, smog, heavy wind, lightning, tornadoes or hurricanes. So we can avoid a collision, serious injury and property damage in the area. Please fly with caution. Thank you.
2019-1-8
Use props
Marcus_R
First Officer
Flight distance : 282077 ft
Australia

Great video. We don't get snow like that in Australia. Well not in most parts of Australia anyway. I am glad you filmed this though so no one else has too!!. Great video.
2019-1-8
Use props
Warriewoodlad
First Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Your Spark seems to be handling it OK, but I am sure I couldn't. As Marcus_R says we don't get a lot of snow in Australia, but when we do you won't find me anywhere  near it.
2019-1-8
Use props
MccloudSpark
First Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

I would not - but I glad you could.  It looks just like that out my window right now.  Thanks for sharing!
2019-1-8
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Cool video! Nice capture
2019-1-9
Use props
jyc
Captain
Flight distance : 2246224 ft
Canada

There would have to be really good reason for me to do so.
2019-1-9
Use props
Laz22
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63307 ft
United States

Nice video and no I would not fly.
2019-1-9
Use props
CobraArtRo
First Officer
Romania

Thank you guys. The drone wasnt even wet, im guessing the wind from the motors keeps the snow away.
2019-1-9
Use props
TheGemster18
lvl.3
Flight distance : 359413 ft
United States

Nope!  Not me.. your nuts...but that's ok...lol, we are all a little nuts.. but on a serious note.... flying in the snow is not recommended cause it's just water.. and you know that's not good for a drone.  Also fog has an adverse effect on the bottom vision sensor... so no, I wouldn't fly in that....
2019-1-10
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

In a heartbeat, yes. Looks awesome. Good job. It didn’t hurt your spark in any way ? Thanks for sharing.
2019-1-11
Use props
epoweredrc
lvl.1
United States

I flew my yuneec breeze in the snow it was fun I know they say don't fly in the rain and all but that was a short video im sure it would be fine. I covered up the vent holes on my Breeze when i did it not sure i would want to cover the sparks tho., maybe put a cover over them so nothing goes directly inside. it hardly ever snows in the part of the world im at so not sure i will ever get a chance to.
2019-1-12
Use props
Sidd Finch
First Officer
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

Looks like it could be the opening to a movie.

Sidd
2019-1-12
Use props
Tentoes
Captain
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

I miss the quiet of a snow fall.
2019-1-12
Use props
Daniella3d
Second Officer
Canada

I would not do it either. I guess he disabled the obstacle avoidance because I saw another video of a guy trying to fly his Spark in less dense snow fall than this and it was constantly stopping because it was detecting the snow flake as an obstacle! lol!
2019-1-12
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Last time when I flew in such weather, Obstacle Avoidance not allowed me to move a metre. It recognized big snowflakes as a barrier and just hovered  for a while. Then budged just a little and hovered again.
2019-1-12
Use props
SAADHERO
First Officer
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

Sign me up

here its Sandstorm lol
2019-1-12
Use props
Daniella3d
Second Officer
Canada

SAADHERO Posted at 1-12 10:23
Sign me up

here its Sandstorm lol

Are you sure? it's -25C here today...

Sign me up for the next sandstorm!
2019-1-12
Use props
ChArl!3
Captain
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Safe flying!
2019-1-12
Use props
EMTDad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 247933 ft
United States

I flew mine in similar weather for about 5 minutes here in Cleveland, Ohio.  The issue I ran into was that the forward collision sensor kept alerting me to objects ahead of me even though I had a clear path down the street.  I assume that the sensor was picking up the dense snowfall?  
2019-1-16
Use props
CobraArtRo
First Officer
United States

EMTDad Posted at 1-16 03:01
I flew mine in similar weather for about 5 minutes here in Cleveland, Ohio.  The issue I ran into was that the forward collision sensor kept alerting me to objects ahead of me even though I had a clear path down the street.  I assume that the sensor was picking up the dense snowfall?

Correct, happened to me aswell on this flight. Next time turn them off. ✌️
2019-1-16
Use props
Gator Don
Second Officer
United States

Nope, This Florida boy would not be outside in weather like that!!!
2019-2-7
Use props
forbsie
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

Brave! I would have thought twice (or 3 times)! You got some impressive footage as a result though. Cheers
2019-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules