Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Hover stability - Inspire 2 vs Phantom 4
1220 8 2019-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GeoffG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810082 ft
United Kingdom

I though it might be interesting to compare the two of them.
The Inspire 2  is <12 months old and has just had 4 new motors and speed controllers fitted under warranty, by DJI
The P4 is a few years old, had a lot of use, standard model, never any problems.

The tests were conducted as follows:
Weather - calm, cool day
Camera - locked off throughout test
Aircraft - both lifted vertically from same take-off point to 6m ASL and positioned in centre of frame.  Each was then hovered for 2 mins without any control input
Post - just blended, with a circle added covering the P4 at the start point for reference.  Speeded up x 4

Rather disappointing!

2019-1-8
Use props
EG Films
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1017280 ft
United States

What are the results? The link is unavailable
2019-1-8
Use props
TheMightyThor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2224665 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your link is broken, but I don't even need to see it to know what happens. The Inspire 2 is one of the most unstable drones I have ever flown. The GPS is absolute garbage and it has not held position well ever since the first firmware update, and it's only gotten worse since then. Not that it's a bad drone. I own multiple of them, but it's just such a shame the stability is so terrible, especially seeing what it could be when looking at a Mavic or Phantom. Hopefully this is something they sort out in the Inspire 3, as it looks like they can't fix it with any firmware updates.
2019-1-8
Use props
Altitude Drones
First Officer
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

I don't think I need to see the footage either. My Mavic is rock solid compared to my I2. I can't see why they can't fix it though, mine was solid when I first had it so it is possible!
2019-1-8
Use props
GeoffG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810082 ft
United Kingdom

EG Films Posted at 1-8 17:39
What are the results? The link is unavailable

Sorry, forgot to allow embed - hope it's available now!
2019-1-9
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Inspire's 2 hovering stability issue is one of the biggest mysteries in DJI history. Thing is not every specimen is unstable. Mine - for example - is behaving reasonably fine in this department. But she was picked off 3 (three) unboxed drones to test this particular performance before purchase. The firmware was upgraded once from .0100 to .0300 and she's still hovering fine, wind or not.
My beloved Inspire 1 was once rock solid in hover. Suddenly, after one paticular FW upgrade long time ago she lost this amazing stability and no further firmware updates were able to restore it. That's the reality of life with DJI. Go figure ...
2019-1-9
Use props
gersphoto.orange
Second Officer
France

V01.00.0240 the best one
2019-1-10
Use props
RikDingo
First Officer
Flight distance : 2358225 ft
France