Problems with ptohos and videos disappering from sd card
542 5 2019-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9c832337
lvl.1
Flight distance : 248274 ft

United States

Hi, I bought a Mavic 2 Zoom almost 2 month ago on eBay from a second hand seller, who said it had 4 hours on it. I have put around 10 hours in it. I had no issues with it until around 3 weeks ago, when after shooting some footage I went home and checked out the footage, and discovered that some of the picture, and most of the video files showed up on the sd card, put when I click on it, it said the file could not be found. All the rest of the files where find. This also happen the next few times I took it out. So I formatted the sd card on my laptop. The next time I took it out, I forgot to make sure the pictures get saved to the sd card. All of my footage was saved to the internal storage on the drone, None of the picture's where saved to the sd card. Upon further investigation, I found that my drone, as will as my laptop said the sd card was not formatted, even though I had just formatted it on my laptop a few days earlier. (I just realized that this could have been because I used a program to check and make sure there are no errors on the sd card, it find nothing, everything looked good).
So I formatted the sd card using the drone, and the next time I flow it, everything was find. But the second time, the problem reemerged. About half of both my photos and videos are gone.
The SD card I'm using is one like this one, I got it from Walmart https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G26R652/ref=emc_b_5_i it is a 64 gb just like this one, and all of the marking are the same, it has a 90mb upload speed. Would the 128 gb card with a 100mp upload speed fix the problem?
2019-1-8
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Did you check if the card is legitimate and not counterfeit?  There are apps and programs that can test the card.  A larger card would not make any difference.  If faster it might but files should not disappear and card speed would not affect that - you would probably get jittery footage.

But others might have better ideas.
2019-1-8
Use props
A.S. Aerial
lvl.1
Flight distance : 248274 ft

United States

I have tested the card, everything looks good, it tested at 59 GB. I bought it at Walmart, so I dought it would be one of those scam cards, and the footage loss seems to be random, it happens to both the first and last of the images I shoot. For the videos however, the first videos always works, then if it take another video without taking a still, the next video is gone, and it does that for every video after, until I take a still again, then the first video is just fine but all those after the first are gone.  And like I said sometimes it works just fine, and I never put more than 8 gb on it at the same time, usually only around 5 gb. When I did it without a sd card, none of them were lose.
2019-1-9
Use props
djiuser_mH6fjvJu2pJQ
New

China

I am facing the same issues
2019-8-3
Use props
djiuser_mH6fjvJu2pJQ
New

China

Anyone found any solution for this?