Horizon not level
5384 5 2019-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5bcb4673
lvl.2
United States

New Mavic 2 Pro user here.  Shot a sunset this evening and it looked great but the horizon wasn't quite level and there was no wind and the drone was stationary.  There were no warnings to recalibrate anything but seems like maybe something needs to be done.  I've only ever recalibrated the compass.

Thank you,
Jonathan
2019-1-8
Use props
djiuser_ZFUaSaOBgIxz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

You can go to the "Gimbal Adjust" in the Go 4 menu and adjust it. Did mine yesterday after seeing that the horizon wasn't level on mine as well. However first I would just do the Gimbal Calibration first to see if that fixes the issue and if not then adjust.

2019-1-9
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

I notice it on some pictures too sometimes, I correct it afterward then
2019-1-9
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had to calibrate the gimbal on a couple of my drones. The video posted in post #2 will fix you right up. I did it on the coffee table using the edge of the table for reference (checked the table for level in all directions with a bubble level first).
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to calibrate the gimbal of the Mavic 2 Pro? Or I suggest you manually adjust the gimbal level of your drone on the settings. Just go to main controller settings > Gimbal Settings > Adjust Gimbal. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.
2019-1-11
Use props
fans5bcb4673
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 1-11 15:52
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to calibrate the gimbal of the Mavic 2 Pro? Or I suggest you manually adjust the gimbal level of your drone on the settings. Just go to main controller settings > Gimbal Settings > Adjust Gimbal. Should you have further question, please let us know. Thank you.

I did perform a gimbal calibration and then I launched and the horizon was still not level.  I was able to adjust that out with the controls in the DJ4APP.

Shouldn't the calibration have fixed it though?

Thank you,
Jonathan
2019-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules