Precision Landing enablement
3212 11 2019-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5bcb4673
lvl.2
United States

My Mavic 2 Pro is running firmware v01.00.02.00, yet when I launch there is no indication that Precision Landing is enabled.  Tried a few times, launching 20 or 30 feet straight up without moving.  No messages.  I've even forced a new home point to be taken (it does announce my success doing that).  Yet when I RTM, the landing is many feet away from the launch site.

Am I overlooking some setting I need to setup?

Thank you,
Jonathan
2019-1-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

PL is auto when taking off with M2 you need to take off straight up 7/9 metres or so wait second or two and it should work .
Remember ground you take off from should be reasonably lit.
2019-1-8
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Check out this article:
HOW TO: Use Precision Landing with the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom

It covers everything you need to do in order to use Precision Landing.
2019-1-8
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thank you for the inquiry. The Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom automatically scans and attempt to match the terrain features underneath during Return to home. During the take-off, the aircraft must ascend vertically 7m before moving horizontally. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you for continued support.
2019-1-9
Use props
QUBO1234
lvl.2
United States

msinger Posted at 1-8 19:02
Check out this article:
HOW TO: Use Precision Landing with the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom

That's a good article for the M2P but it appears to leave out a critical step which is that the Home Point needs to be recorded.   This is apparently done automatically -- but not always, so you can go into settings and select it.
2019-1-10
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

QUBO1234 Posted at 1-10 05:22
That's a good article for the M2P but it appears to leave out a critical step which is that the Home Point needs to be recorded.   This is apparently done automatically -- but not always, so you can go into settings and select it.

Thanks! I added that to the article.
2019-1-10
Use props
clincarl28
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18645 ft
United States

Try pressing and holding down Rth button until you hear beeping response.
2019-3-21
Use props
clincarl28
lvl.1
United States

I have the same problem seeing any acknowledgment by controller of Precision Landing up grade.
2019-3-21
Use props
clincarl28
lvl.1
United States

Specifically Go DJI Go 4 lists no Preciision Landing choice below Landing  Protection and above RTH Obstacle Check. All I see on my screen under advanced settings is 3 items to check: Enable Vision Positioning then Landing  Protection then RTH Obstacle Check. And on Takeoff Screen there is no CheckBox to check Precise Record of Takeoff Point. So why not, and what should I do?
2019-3-21
Use props
ArchAngel69
New
South Africa

Hi Guys,

I also seem to be having the same issue as clincarl28, i have down graded to the oldest firmware and upgraded one by one just on case and still dont have the precision landing choice settings...

Any help would be much appreciated..
2019-4-20
Use props
GlynH
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1762336 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As far as I know Precision Landing is automatically initiated on the return to home.

As my aircraft is descending I see ‘Correcting Precision Landing’ or something similar flash up on the screen in green text.

It doesn’t stay there like the red wind warning does and is displayed only briefly before it disappears.

This I think was added in the 02.00 firmware / DJI Go 4.34 updates last November.

I don’t think I ever saw an option for it on my SmartController at least...

Hope that helps?

-=Glyn=-

2019-4-20
Use props
fans916b9a99
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13845 ft
United States

ArchAngel69 Posted at 4-20 04:45
Hi Guys,

I also seem to be having the same issue as clincarl28, i have down graded to the oldest firmware and upgraded one by one just on case and still dont have the precision landing choice settings...

I am wondering the same thing!  I read the article mentioned above (which I ran across by chance) and immediately checked my settings.  It's not there.   I will try the 7-10m after take off and then hit RTH later after flying and see if I get the green message as well.   Will report back tomorrow.  
2019-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules