Spark Video Lag - how much lag do you have???
1198 17 2019-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
roballba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2717274 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got one of the first Sparks. I hit the buy button before the presentation was over. I knew it would be awesome. a fun little racer that would be easy to whip around and fly with the goggles. Boy was I wrong. On my first day out the spark was running down the first base line toward homeplate when it hit the fence. Little did I know that I had a several second video lag. I bought a cable. not much better. I sent it in for repair... still laggy. sometimes a second, sometimes 4 or more.

I'm running an iphone 7+.

Do they all have lag? of a second or more? if I look at the drone and the screen and turn it, it turns instantly, but the camera is always playing catch up. is it a setup issue? a right and wrong way to bind it?

no way I can use this after flying every other dji product.

so it sits on my shelf with 18 "test" flights less than an hour total. I feel utterly dissappointed.

AM I ALONE HERE?

does yours lag too???

2019-1-8
Use props
jyc
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2255846 ft
Canada

I guess there is some lag with mine, how much I don't know. I've had much fun flying mine so far. It all depends on what you are aiming to do I suppose.
2019-1-8
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Do you have  access to a different device ? I’m not sure how much  processing power an iPhone 7 has which could be the problem. Do you have  video cache enabled ? Try turning it off. I’m using an iPad min4  and I’m not noticing any lag. OTG cable also.
2019-1-8
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
United States

Do you have  access to a different device ? I’m not sure how much  processing power an iPhone 7 has which could be the problem. Do you have  video cache enabled ? Try turning it off. I’m using an iPad min4  and I’m not noticing any lag. OTG cable also.
2019-1-8
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

I've found its down to the processing power/load on the device your using. If you have a load of apps running in the background don't turn on Airplane mode etc, i've found my iPhone 7 has much more lag.
2019-1-9
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Maybe you have specific wifi interference in place you're taking off. Did You try to change the wif channel in manual mode. It helps a lot  ( for example i have lagging on channel 10 in one place i often fly, but very good situation on channel 7)
2019-1-9
Use props
Laz22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63307 ft
United States

Flying I Phone 7 with OTG.  AC,RC and Phone are all running latest updates.  Don't experience any lag unless I am pretty far out 400M-500M in sport mode.  Airplane mode and I make sure I close all apps running in the background.
2019-1-9
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The video is always going to lag a little bit. You can reduce that lag as much as possible by following the tips in this article:

Install DJI GO on an Apple Tablet or Phone (Step-by-Step Guide)
2019-1-9
Use props
Laz22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63307 ft
United States

Good info thank you.
2019-1-9
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Using WIFI between remote and android: Terrible lag
Using WIFI between remote and iPhone 6+: Terrible
Using OTG between remote and android: Occasionally a fraction of a second pause. Not often.
Using OTG between remote and iPhone 6+: Once or twice a pause for a fraction of a second.

OTG: Don't fly without it.
2019-1-9
Use props
Dataengine66
lvl.2
United States

Do you have lag on the sd card videos too? Or is it just the live feed?
2019-1-9
Use props
roballba
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

ok... updated firmware again last night for another round of testing

iPad air 2 had no really noticeable lag with otg in home just cumbersome to hold.
iPhone 7+ cache turned off with otg had horrible lag over a second - I noticed it was in auto switching on 5.8 - is that best?

2019-1-9
Use props
Jezmo
lvl.4
United States

Cheap 9.7” iPad (A1893) in Airplane mode no background apps running and using OTG, if there is any lag I cannot tell it. I’ve been flying it for about a year and a half.
2019-1-9
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Spark is not designed for FPV racing...  You could try strapping an FPV Camera to it.  There is always going to be some video lag with digital transmission.
2019-1-9
Use props
roballba
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Dataengine66 Posted at 1-9 09:24
Do you have lag on the sd card videos too? Or is it just the live feed?

just live feed...
2019-1-10
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
United States

I got a bracket on amazon that holds my iPad very well. You should try that.
2019-1-11
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
United States

I got a bracket on amazon that holds my iPad very well. You should try that.
2019-1-11
Use props
gmozo
lvl.4
United States

im not having much lag but just make sure your connection is good enough
2019-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules