Middle part of video is gone
1031 4 2019-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darrell2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63632 ft
United States

Ok here it is .Me and the wife was out the other day and i was shooting some video every thing seemed ok when we got home the middle part of the video is gone.It is not on the SD card, Is there away to get it back that is the most important part. I tried doing a search on this but no luck.Can I get that part back it didn't show up no where on tablet or on Dji go it's like it just shut down but I never hit the stop button.
2019-1-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Middle part?  You mean the second half?  The higher resolution videos have a limit on the DJI systems and when they reach that limit, they close the current video file and start a new video file.  Sounds to me like you likely landed and turned the AC off before you stopped the video recording.  This will result in a corrupted file.  It won't show as a video file.  Hopefully it's still there as a non-descript file.  The fix is to turn the AC on and give it 15 secs or so.  The FW will repair the file for you and close it correctly showing you a working video file.  But if you muck with the SD card w/o giving it a chance to repair, it might be too late to fix.  

Good luck.  
2019-1-10
Use props
darrell2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63632 ft
United States

The first part is there and the last part is there but not the most important part the middle and no I didn't shut the recording off till I landed
2019-1-11
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

You could try a file/disk recovery program but I suspect you'll never recover that file.  Good luck
2019-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi darrell2, we are so sorry for what happened, if the video is not in the SD card nor the DJI Go APP, we do not have the official suggestion to recover it, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2019-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules