Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bunbury/Kombana Drive. Video ?
1427 31 2019-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

I am trying to post a video of our nearest city - Bunbury & one of the accesses  - Kombana Drive.
No sound,  so you can safely play it at full volume .......... ??  Haha

I don't know if it will work ?????

2019-1-9
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

It works !!
2019-1-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well done. Thanks for sharing
2019-1-9
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

The original file was 2.9Gb.  It took forever to load & the end result is nothing like the clarity/definition of the original.  So I guess I have learned to reduce the file size initially ??  Hopefully it will load faster & the end result will be near as dammit,  the same quality ?
It's all very new to me   
2019-1-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Good job, nice video.

RedHotPoker
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Manxmann, nicely done! Thanks for sharing.
2019-1-9
Use props
Cradoka
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2530794 ft
Australia

Good one mate, not bad for a POM down under hehe!
2019-1-9
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

Cradoka Posted at 1-9 14:24
Good one mate, not bad for a POM down under hehe!

Ohh,  you know how hurt a blokes feelings !    Pom,  Pom ...............  ??
I'm a Manxman.  
England is a large island off the coast of the Isle of Man - that's where the Poms live !  
LOL

2019-1-9
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 1-9 06:07
Good job, nice video.

Cheers,  RHP.  I find the that flying the drone & getting the video is the easy bit,  although having another look at this one,  some of the panning could be smoother,  where was I ?  Oh yeah,  getting the video is easy,  it's post-processing & getting it onto YouTube that causes me grief !  I am not at the cutting edge of technology,  in fact I am barely hanging onto the trailing edge !
Thanks
2019-1-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Manxmann Posted at 1-9 15:46
Cheers,  RHP.  I find the that flying the drone & getting the video is the easy bit,  although having another look at this one,  some of the panning could be smoother,  where was I ?  Oh yeah,  getting the video is easy,  it's post-processing & getting it onto YouTube that causes me grief !  I am not at the cutting edge of technology,  in fact I am barely hanging onto the trailing edge !
Thanks

Just let the camera do it’s job. Everything else is gravy. Haha

RedHotPoker
2019-1-9
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 1-9 15:50
Just let the camera do it’s job. Everything else is gravy. Haha

I wish it were so simple .....  I amusing (Corel) Pinnacle 21.  
Sometimes I can export a file,  sometimes I cannot.   Have been onto their tech team 3 times now & get the same answers.  Do this,  do that & reset the other thing.  That seems to work for a short time,  then I am back to square one.
The freebie Shotcut is looking pretty attractive at the moment.  I used it briefly before I decided to venture further & became tangled up with Pinnacle.

I am also continually chasing quality definition.  As we know,  the resolution out of the camera is mega.  But how to get that through YouTube without losing too much quality ?

I wouldn't mind if I was a teenager ...........    Hahaha,  I likely wouldn't be ginning around with drones !
2019-1-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Did you delete the internet cache and cookies and reboot?

Yeah, before reloading the program!!  Hahaha

I din’t know, just in an elated mood this morning. Have a nice day,.. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2019-1-10
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 1-10 05:11
Did you delete the internet cache and cookies and reboot?

Yeah, before reloading the program!!  Hahaha

Yes,  did that & renamed the exe files to "old" etc.
PS Last night it exported just fine !   Next time I try - who knows ?

Because I don't fully understand some of the settings I am reluctant to change too much.

Anyway,  we are off up the road a little way for a couple of nights.  Hopefully I will get some flying in.

Cheers
2019-1-10
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Manxmann Posted at 1-10 15:32

What resolution did you shoot the original in? And what resolution will Pinnacle export? Some editing packages do not have the ability to export 4K for example. I notice the maximum on YouTube is 1080p. Another quirk of YouTube is that even if you upload 4K, shortly after you finish is only shows something like 720p resolution, as it takes them a fairly long time to process the full range of choices. So if you look at it back soon after upload, the quality appears to be awful. But come back an hour later and you will find the other choices of resolution have appeared.
2019-1-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Manxmann Posted at 1-10 15:32

Have fun. Safe travels.

Looking forward to your return with more rewards from the drone’s front element view, awesome.

Sounds you are onto the right track now. I hope so.let us know how it goes... thanks for the update. ;-‘

RedHotPoker
2019-1-10
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

Geebax Posted at 1-10 15:41
What resolution did you shoot the original in? And what resolution will Pinnacle export? Some editing packages do not have the ability to export 4K for example. I notice the maximum on YouTube is 1080p. Another quirk of YouTube is that even if you upload 4K, shortly after you finish is only shows something like 720p resolution, as it takes them a fairly long time to process the full range of choices. So if you look at it back soon after upload, the quality appears to be awful. But come back an hour later and you will find the other choices of resolution have appeared.

HI Geebax,  was filmed in 4K.  Post processing in Pinnacle 21 was 1920/1080.   
Maybe it was too soon after the event that I checked the YouTube clip.

Maybe I expect too much,  as stated before,  it's all a bit hit & miss with my technical know-how - or lack thereof !  Oh well it keeps the grey matter turning over.

Thanks for you helpful comment
Cheers
2019-1-10
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 1-10 15:49
Have fun. Safe travels.

Will see what we can do ...........  
2019-1-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Manxmann Posted at 1-10 15:54
Will see what we can do ...........

Don’t forget to trailer your bike.

Yeah, so you can roll into Sturgis from the outskirts. Grin
That’s a N American joke... ;-)

RedHotPoker
30E1F22A-E85D-4162-A499-AD2C6CB968D4.jpeg
2019-1-10
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Manxmann Posted at 1-10 15:51
HI Geebax,  was filmed in 4K.  Post processing in Pinnacle 21 was 1920/1080.   
Maybe it was too soon after the event that I checked the YouTube clip.

In that case, it all worked out fine on YouTube. Unless you buy the Pinnacle Ultimate version, you cannot export in 4K, so that perhaps would explain why your resolution isa 1920 x 1080. You just had to wait a little longer.
2019-1-10
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

RedHotPoker Posted at 1-10 15:58
Don’t forget to trailer your bike.

It's also a standard joke in Oz.  There is always a ute involved in getting to a destination for some m/cyclists !
2019-1-10
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

Geebax Posted at 1-10 16:38
In that case, it all worked out fine on YouTube. Unless you buy the Pinnacle Ultimate version, you cannot export in 4K, so that perhaps would explain why your resolution isa 1920 x 1080. You just had to wait a little longer.

Assuming I had the Ultimate - Do you mean that I could post to YouTube in 4K
2019-1-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Manxmann Posted at 1-10 17:21
It's also a standard joke in Oz.  There is always a ute involved in getting to a destination for some m/cyclists !

Hahaha, that’s hilarious., real hardcore bikers eh.

Couldn’t leave the comfort of the “Lazyboy recliner” fat arsed motorhome...

But they got some nice Tats.  

RedHotPoker
2019-1-10
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Manxmann Posted at 1-10 17:22
Assuming I had the Ultimate - Do you mean that I could post to YouTube in 4K

Yes. If you try, you might be able to get a good price on an upgrade to Ultimate. But you also will need to have a newish, powerful computer.
2019-1-10
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

Geebax Posted at 1-10 18:15
Yes. If you try, you might be able to get a good price on an upgrade to Ultimate. But you also will need to have a newish, powerful computer.

Thanks Geebax,  Corel are off my Christmas card list at the moment.  
As Mirror Man said "I'll look into it though"
Cheers
2019-1-10
Use props
flightlogicRV9
lvl.3
United States

I too struggled with the software like you for a long time.  In the end, I had to upgrade the processor and graphics card.  Otherwise it just dragged down to a crawl.
Vimeo is an option for posting your videos also.  Nice high resolution and playback for viewers.   
2019-1-16
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

flightlogicRV9 Posted at 1-16 07:06
I too struggled with the software like you for a long time.  In the end, I had to upgrade the processor and graphics card.  Otherwise it just dragged down to a crawl.
Vimeo is an option for posting your videos also.  Nice high resolution and playback for viewers.

Admittedly the actual processing seems to be slow to me - but I don't know how long it should take.  If I have say,  5 minutes of video it could take more than 5 minutes to render ready for export & a further 5 minutes for the actual export to a file.  
When I replay video or pics on my laptop screen or on TV the resolution is great.

I will have a word with my IT fella,  but that usually ends up costing $$$$$$$$  !
2019-1-16
Use props
flightlogicRV9
lvl.3
United States

Manxmann Posted at 1-16 15:16
Admittedly the actual processing seems to be slow to me - but I don't know how long it should take.  If I have say,  5 minutes of video it could take more than 5 minutes to render ready for export & a further 5 minutes for the actual export to a file.  
When I replay video or pics on my laptop screen or on TV the resolution is great.

When I lived in Adeliade, I paid my IT guy with American dollars/exchanged.  That way it was cheaper.  OK..... I know, that was a CHEAP shot.  Sorry
2019-1-16
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!
2019-1-17
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

davidmartingraf Posted at 1-17 07:49
Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!

Thankyou davidmartingraf
2019-1-18
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

Geebax Posted at 1-10 15:41
What resolution did you shoot the original in? And what resolution will Pinnacle export? Some editing packages do not have the ability to export 4K for example. I notice the maximum on YouTube is 1080p. Another quirk of YouTube is that even if you upload 4K, shortly after you finish is only shows something like 720p resolution, as it takes them a fairly long time to process the full range of choices. So if you look at it back soon after upload, the quality appears to be awful. But come back an hour later and you will find the other choices of resolution have appeared.

Back to this comment Geebax,
With regard to YouTube processing time.   If YouTube takes a while to do the final processing,  does that mean that I shouldn't post my uploaded video for say 12/24 hours ?  Or will it's quality improve as YouTube complete their processing ?

2019-1-19
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Manxmann Posted at 1-19 01:34
Back to this comment Geebax,
With regard to YouTube processing time.   If YouTube takes a while to do the final processing,  does that mean that I shouldn't post my uploaded video for say 12/24 hours ?  Or will it's quality improve as YouTube complete their processing ?

It doesn't matter when you post your video, it will still eventually be available in a range of resolutions up to 4K. The processing takes its own sweet time, but may be around 15 to 20 minutes. YouTube puts up the lower resolution versins first, 4K is the last to be done.

2019-1-19
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

Geebax Posted at 1-19 13:06
It doesn't matter when you post your video, it will still eventually be available in a range of resolutions up to 4K. The processing takes its own sweet time, but may be around 15 to 20 minutes. YouTube puts up the lower resolution versins first, 4K is the last to be done.

Ahh,  well that's not so bad is it.
Thanks for the heads up Geebax

2019-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules