Mavic Air in St. Croix (US Virgin Islands)
909 11 2019-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Morning all!  So I took my Mavic Air on my 12 day cruise to the Caribbean.  The wife and I hit 5 different Islands along the way.  This was our first stop in St. Croix (USVI).  Now, the winds were quite gusty hitting around 30mph so I did my best to get some footage but was a bit limited it some of the shots I could get.  

The Mavic Air held up like a champ considering it's recommended to only fly with a max wind speed of 29 - 38 kph (18mph - 23mph).  Actually, most of the islands we hit were quite windy while we were there so if you plan on going just use your best judgement.  Most of the islands in the caribbean have very similar drone laws to the U.S. (but there always changing so look into before flying).  I found because tourism is such a big part of their revenue most places were extremely drone friendly and I had no issues while traveling.

2019-1-9
Use props
Kevin Halle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1297612 ft
  • >>>
United States

One of my favorite islands. Great video.
2019-1-9
Use props
Kevin Halle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1297612 ft
  • >>>
United States

2019-1-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great video. Thanks for sharing
2019-1-9
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

Hey mate I am no Dr but I think you were in the midst of what is known as a'panic' attack... Not a nice feeling. You may of heard of the Great barrier Reef in Australia, very nice place to dive, but there have been many drowinings and people being left behind from trips... So to feel aprehensive is a good thing, keeps you alive Pity about the weather conditions but I guess you just have to make the most of it
2019-1-9
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, thanks for sharing!
2019-1-10
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Kevin Halle Posted at 1-9 15:53

Yes, was a good time.  
2019-1-11
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Atlas_Aus Posted at 1-9 21:10
Hey mate I am no Dr but I think you were in the midst of what is known as a'panic' attack... Not a nice feeling. You may of heard of the Great barrier Reef in Australia, very nice place to dive, but there have been many drowinings and people being left behind from trips... So to feel aprehensive is a good thing, keeps you alive  Pity about the weather conditions but I guess you just have to make the most of it

Yeah, I was a 'slight' panic attack for sure!     Though, couldn't pay me enough to dive off the great barrier reef.  For those who do, we'll...I give them credit.  Just not something I would ever do....though more for the GREAT WHITE SHARKS patrolling those waters.  
2019-1-11
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 1-9 17:15
Great video. Thanks for sharing

Thank you!
2019-1-11
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

You're welcome
2019-1-11
Use props
Atlas_Aus
Second Officer

Thailand

RGMGFitness Posted at 1-11 11:30
Yeah, I was a 'slight' panic attack for sure!     Though, couldn't pay me enough to dive off the great barrier reef.  For those who do, we'll...I give them credit.  Just not something I would ever do....though more for the GREAT WHITE SHARKS patrolling those waters.

Mate the waters are too warm for Great Whites up that way... Will usually find in the southern states...
2019-1-11
Use props
Sky Carrier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

Very nice video RGMG. Thanks for sharing
2019-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules