App not connecting
836 12 2019-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jdawg21
lvl.1
Flight distance : 248589 ft
United States

Hey guys, I’ve had my Mavic 2 Zoom for a while now but for some reason today I can’t get the DJI GO 4 app to connect to the drone. Drone and the controller is on and cable is connected to my phone but the connection isn’t complete...what do you think I can do or do you think it’s the app not working properly
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. With regards to your concern may I ask are you able to connect the Remote to the Aircraft? Make sure first the Remote and Aircraft is connected and on Remote you can give a try to use the Left and Bottom Port just to Isolate the issue. Please keep us posted. Thanks!
2019-1-9
Use props
Jdawg21
lvl.1
United States

Yes I tried everything..left port and the back port and no connection
2019-1-9
Use props
Jdawg21
lvl.1
United States

I honestly think the app is bugged after the update b/c everything worked before the update
2019-1-9
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Jdawg21 Posted at 1-9 10:40
I honestly think the app is bugged after the update b/c everything worked before the update

Take a flashlight and shine it into your phone's connection port -- I was having intermittent connection issues until I cleaned all the pocket lint and debris packed into the port, which  made for a flaky connection. Hope this helps!
2019-1-9
Use props
Jdawg21
lvl.1
United States

So I managed to get my drone to connect to the controller using the USB port on the back but now my port on the left doesn’t work..help
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Jdawg21 Posted at 1-9 13:55
So I managed to get my drone to connect to the controller using the USB port on the back but now my port on the left doesn’t work..help

I'm sorry to hear that, can you give a try to charge the remote just to check if there still a connection between the left port from the remote and the USB from the charger brick.
2019-1-9
Use props
Jdawg21
lvl.1
United States

Yes the remote still charges in the micro USB port on the left
2019-1-9
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Jdawg21 Posted at 1-9 16:16
Yes the remote still charges in the micro USB port on the left

Frankly, that is its most important function.  I'd save it solely for charging and use the bottom larger usb port for connection to your device.  
2019-1-9
Use props
Jdawg21
lvl.1
United States

I used it for connecting my phone to the controller the whole time. I though DJI did that to give it a direct connection instead of WiFi
2019-1-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Jdawg21 Posted at 1-9 10:37
Yes I tried everything..left port and the back port and no connection

Sorry to hear that. May I know what mobile device and DJI Go 4 app version you are using?   Please back up your files and sync your flight records and then reinstall. You can also try to use a different mobile device or cable so that we can isolate the issue. Thanks for your support.
2019-1-11
Use props
Tom Iliffe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1004 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would try a different OTG cable Maybe a bad connection
2019-1-12
Use props
Jdawg21
lvl.1
United States

Tom Iliffe Posted at 1-12 14:41
I would try a different OTG cable Maybe a bad connection

Yea I tried the OTG cable and still the same result, I’ve been using the bottom usb connection. I’ll just buy a shorter cable so I don’t have it hanging down as much
2019-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules