Why do I have to connect my phone to shoot in RAW?
910 16 2019-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Juliberer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 367 ft
Netherlands

This was not how I imagened the the Osmo Pocket would work.
Everytime I want to shoot in RAW I have to connect my Osmo Pocket to my phone and set the settings to pro, why?!!
When I want to shoot a video I have to disable the pro settings and after shooting some video's and I want to
take some photo's again, AGAIN I have to connect to my phone.

This doesn't work for me and I almost regret buying this Osmo Pocket!
2019-1-9
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116736 ft
United States

I could not agree more. This is the biggest disfunction in my opinion. It is absolutely absurd that you cannot use the pro settings without the phone attached.
2019-1-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yes it would be a lot more convenient, hopefully this will change.
2019-1-9
Use props
CubbyJonson
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Should at least have raw on the device itself...hopefully soon as I have android with micro usb...not buying a new phone any time soon
2019-1-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for sharing your experience with us today. The best thing I can do to help is to forward this information/thread to our DJI R&D Team for future development of the said product. Thank you for patience and your support.
2019-1-10
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep. Add a phone and you mind as well have a camcorder in your hand.
2019-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Dji have said today the will implement this in early February.
2019-1-10
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

As frustrating as it is, imagine trying to access full pro settings on a one inch screen!

Help my fingers are too big!!!!!!!
2019-1-11
Use props
ChMueller001
lvl.3
  • >>>
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 1-10 14:45
Dji have said today the will implement this in early February.

Where can I find such announcements?
2019-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ChMueller001 Posted at 1-11 02:48
Where can I find such announcements?

You’ll find it here.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 951&pid=1714091
2019-1-11
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-11 02:53
You’ll find it here.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=176951&pid=1714091

This link is about focus issues. It does not seem to have anything to do with the subject of this thread.
2019-1-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RSW Posted at 1-14 11:41
This link is about focus issues. It does not seem to have anything to do with the subject of this thread.

The problem is there are always those willing to put their foot right in their mouth like you just done.

The poster asked me to show where a dji rep said that using manual AFS and other manual controls will be implemented in the next FW, so it was bang on topic, please read first.
2019-1-14
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-14 12:21
The problem is there are always those willing to put their foot right in their mouth like you just done.

The poster asked me to show where a dji rep said that using manual AFS and other manual controls will be implemented in the next FW, so it was bang on topic, please read first.

Thanks for your pleasant reply but since you did not quote the post you were replying to, no one know what you are responding to. Perhaps you can reference that original post now so we can all know what  you are talking about.
2019-1-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RSW Posted at 1-14 16:10
Thanks for your pleasant reply but since you did not quote the post you were replying to, no one know what you are responding to. Perhaps you can reference that original post now so we can all know what  you are talking about.

My initial post was to the OP, I was then asked by another poster to confirm where I had got the information, which I did, you then saw the need to butt in never checking the thread and in so many words told me what I posted had nothing to do with this thread, in fact the only post that had nothing to do with the OP’s thread was the post you addressed to me.
My first Post directly to the OP Number 3 is where you need to start reading from .
2019-1-14
Use props
RSW
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 1-14 16:19
My initial post was to the OP, I was then asked by another poster to confirm where I had got the information, which I did, you then saw the need to butt in never checking the thread and in so many words told me what I posted had nothing to do with this thread, in fact the only post that had nothing to do with the OP’s thread was the post you addressed to me.
My first Post directly to the OP Number 3 is where you need to start reading from .

I didn't "butt in". I was hoping you actually had info on the subject at hand and had erroneously posted the wrong link. I have checked the thread and still see no questions whatsoever about focus. But no worries.
2019-1-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

RSW Posted at 1-14 16:55
I didn't "butt in". I was hoping you actually had info on the subject at hand and had erroneously posted the wrong link. I have checked the thread and still see no questions whatsoever about focus. But no worries.

my first point was to OP, which was relative to her OP, I was then asked by another poster to point in the direction of where I seen or got the information, ,  you will see post below which was the link to the poster who asked for the information, it is relevant information to this thread.

2019-1-14
Use props
FarangPilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1318976 ft

We will have to wait for 2nd gen OP. Osmo Pocket Pro ;)
2019-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules