732 7 2019-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantom4ProUser
New
Flight distance : 542979 ft
United States

Hi DJI community,

I was wondering if anyone has experience dealing with DJI customer service from a malfunctioned drone and being forced to pay the repairs?

Here's my story,

I previously owned a Phantom 4, and it fell out of the sky for no reason and crashed. DJI warrantied this drone and replaced it with a Phantom 4 Pro which was I know is not a new drone. One year after using this drone, I persistently got an error that the drone is unable to provide an image transmission signal and sent it to DJI for diagnosis. They sent me the repair cost which is $423. Since I have owned this drone, I used it very few times, maybe 20 or so times. I have taken perfect care of it. Absolutely zero incidents, no crashes, no harsh landings, always stored in a case, and transported it cautiously. DJI is requesting I pay for the repair, and I don't think it's fair that I should be resonsible for the cost of the repair. Thats almost 1/3 the cost of the drone, and I have taken perfect care of it, have hardly used it, and only had it for a year. I strongly believe the issue stemmed from the history of the warrantied drone (not being a new drone) or a DJI malfunction that they are forcing me to pay for. The replacement drone was probably a drone that was crashed and not repaired perfectly as a new drone would be.

I was wondering if anyone else had similar incidents or issues? DJI customer service is not working with me on it at all and thinks I caused the damage which I can ensure I took perfect care of it. I know DJI customer service is notorious for be terrible, but I was wondering if anyone had success in a case like this and might be willing to give me some advice.

Thanks
2019-1-9
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Why are you expectingh DJI to warranty the aircraft? You said you have had the replacement for over a year, warranty does not reset to zero after replacement.
2019-1-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 1-9 14:17
Why are you expectingh DJI to warranty the aircraft? You said you have had the replacement for over a year, warranty does not reset to zero after replacement.

+1

2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, we're sorry for what happened to your drone. Will you be able to give us your case number? We'd like to check and see what we can do about this one. We looking forward to your response. Thank you.
2019-1-9
Use props
Phantom4ProUser
New
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 1-9 16:47
Hi there, we're sorry for what happened to your drone. Will you be able to give us your case number? We'd like to check and see what we can do about this one. We looking forward to your response. Thank you.

CAS-2597987-K0F3Q3
I appreciate you looking into that for me.
2019-1-9
Use props
Phantom4ProUser
New
United States

Geebax Posted at 1-9 14:17

Because I think the issue likely stemmed from not being a brand new replacement drone. I would expect one of the top drones on the market to not have to have a $423 repair when it had nothing but perfect care and after such little use. Do you not think a well taken care of $1499 drone should last more than 20 flights?
2019-1-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Phantom4ProUser Posted at 1-9 16:53
CAS-2597987-K0F3Q3
I appreciate you looking into that for me.

Thanks for the case number, upon checking the case, there are cracks on the landing gear and the drone has been out of warranty, we can only provide the paid service on this matter, thanks for your understanding.
2019-1-9
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

remind me never to have my landing gear repaired, wow, thats lot of money for sommat that costs very little
2019-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules