Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 3-30 15:14
Ha ha, yes, my boat is sitting quietly under shed, waiting for summer to arrive! I must fix part of my solar roof damaged while making tight turn around McDonald restaurant drive-thru in Ferndale WA (stupid me) ... Other than that I'm ready.

Good to hear from you, Rich.

Thanks Buddy.... it has been a hard winter.  Hope all my drone stuff survived  (batteries)  I kinda remember how to fly@#$%?

Rich
2019-3-30
Use props
djiuser_GVI60wH6ArHZ
lvl.1

Canada

Cougar1 Posted at 3-13 09:48
Transport Canada are allowing Inspire 2 and other DJI drones for Advanced operations in Canada.
Inspire 1 is not on the list.

The DJI drones that are listed are only for controlled airspace., not for flight near or over bystanders.
2019-4-1
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

djiuser_GVI60wH6ArHZ Posted at 4-1 21:26
The DJI drones that are listed are only for controlled airspace., not for flight near or over bystanders.

Yes, what I suspected the outcome would be. Thx for the info.
2019-4-2
Use props
Day Dreamer
lvl.1

Canada

I received an email yesterday from Transport Canada and the Spark is now SAFE for use with an advanced certificate holder to fly within 5m of people as well as the previous allowance to fly in Restricted Air Space.
2019-5-31
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Day Dreamer Posted at 5-31 12:27
I received an email yesterday from Transport Canada and the Spark is now SAFE for use with an advanced certificate holder to fly within 5m of people as well as the previous allowance to fly in Restricted Air Space.

I have an Inspire 2.  I have registered it in Canada and it is approved for Controlled Airspace and Flight as close as 5 meters to bystanders.  I have passed my advanced RPAS written test and was immediately issued a Basic RPAS license.  I will take my Flight Review next week and if I pass I will be an Advanced RPAS pilot.

I hold a Commercial Pilots license Airplane Multiengine Land and Sea, Glider Pilots License, Glider Instructors rating, Aerobatic Glider Instructors rating, and Hot Air Balloon license.  I have also held a Flight instructors rating in Airplanes in the past.   The written test is not easy.  I took the Advanced RPAS written Prep course ($49) from Coastal Drones.  I was very glad I did.  I also took the Advanced RPAS Flight Review Prep course ($249) which includes the review.  If these tests required about 40 hours of preparation from a person with my background...good luck to the average amateur drone flyer.

Ray
2019-5-31
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

rmaxwell.dccnet Posted at 5-31 19:30
I have an Inspire 2.  I have registered it in Canada and it is approved for Controlled Airspace and Flight as close as 5 meters to bystanders.  I have passed my advanced RPAS written test and was immediately issued a Basic RPAS license.  I will take my Flight Review next week and if I pass I will be an Advanced RPAS pilot.

I hold a Commercial Pilots license Airplane Multiengine Land and Sea, Glider Pilots License, Glider Instructors rating, Aerobatic Glider Instructors rating, and Hot Air Balloon license.  I have also held a Flight instructors rating in Airplanes in the past.   The written test is not easy.  I took the Advanced RPAS written Prep course ($49) from Coastal Drones.  I was very glad I did.  I also took the Advanced RPAS Flight Review Prep course ($249) which includes the review.  If these tests required about 40 hours of preparation from a person with my background...good luck to the average amateur drone flyer.

I passed my Advanced RPAS Flight Review...YEA!

If you want to pass do your home work and have lots of paper work ready...Standard Operating Procedures, Normal Checklists, Emergency Checklists, Basic RPAS License, C of R, Site Survey, VNC, VTA, CFS, Drone Users Manual, Drone Maintenance Manual, Advanced RPAS written exam result, AIM, Emergency Phone numbers.

Be ready to explain any of these documents and when and where they are required.

Good luck to future applicants.

Ray
2019-6-6
Use props
djiuser_Ehj2X5u6Rrni
lvl.1

India

fdxdgfdgcvgf
2019-9-1
Use props
jrachel
lvl.1

India

We have an RC Drone should see whether this obeys the new regulations or not.
2019-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules