Wireless Module feedback
12Next >
9601 76 2019-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Can't wait for the feedback from those trying the new wireless module. With all the "bugs" perceived with the device itself, we are now tossing in bluetooth!

2019-1-9
Use props
Upscaleman
lvl.3
United States

mine arrives tomorrow
2019-1-9
Use props
Roger1167
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1510728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine arrives Monday. 1/14/19 Let me know what you think upscaleman when you get yours tomorrow. Thanks
2019-1-9
Use props
Ken77
lvl.2
United States

Mine arrives Monday too.
2019-1-9
Use props
hkphoto.com
lvl.2

Hong Kong

received and cannot connect... wtf!!!
2019-1-10
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

hkphoto.com Posted at 1-10 01:49
received and cannot connect... wtf!!!

And, we're off!
2019-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Monday......
2019-1-10
Use props
hkphoto.com
lvl.2

Hong Kong

seem bt is just for pass the wifi pass code?
2019-1-10
Use props
edwardyyy
lvl.4
Hong Kong

Received this morning. Good but too expensive.
2019-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2019-1-10
Use props
hkphoto.com
lvl.2

Hong Kong

what a stupid design
2019-1-10
Use props
hkphoto.com
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Data transfer 4-5MB/s Maybe it is good for table charger and config motion lapse ...
2019-1-10
Use props
dewarner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87536 ft
United States

Can you put in a link for your tripod connector?  Thanks -
2019-1-10
Use props
dewarner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87536 ft
United States

Can you put in a link for your tripod connector?  Thanks -
2019-1-10
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2019-1-10
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

hkphoto.com Posted at 1-10 04:46
Data transfer 4-5MB/s Maybe it is good for table charger and config motion lapse ...

Does it drain the battery a lot when not connected to the charger?
2019-1-10
Use props
hkphoto.com
lvl.2

Hong Kong

The Rev Posted at 1-10 06:36
Does it drain the battery a lot when not connected to the charger?

faster but not super fast... need couple more test tomorrow to tell.
2019-1-10
Use props
hkphoto.com
lvl.2

Hong Kong

the module cannot connect to computer for transfer
2019-1-10
Use props
Roger1167
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hkphoto.com do you like the module?
2019-1-10
Use props
hkphoto.com
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Roger1167 Posted at 1-10 08:13
hkphoto.com do you like the module?

honestly I can live without it. I don't do pro mode setting much and it's not a machine for pro stuffs.

As a cradle... it's not heavy enough, so charging is still more safe inside the original case... no need to worry fall off.  

I now give it to my GF because her careless may easy to damage the gimbal if she using OTG to transfer file ;) I will keep using the OTG

People better have it is ... who do more then 2 point motion lapse most of the time.
2019-1-10
Use props
Roger1167
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for your input hkphoto.com. Thanks A lot.
2019-1-10
Use props
hkphoto.com
lvl.2

Hong Kong

it do block the bottom mic ...
2019-1-10
Use props
hkphoto.com
lvl.2

Hong Kong

you cannot change the wifi password
2019-1-10
Use props
Chris1a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 801 ft
Sweden

4-5MB/s transfer speed? And you can't connect it to your desktop over wifi? I do hope this is due to bottlenecks and unfinished stuff. Please don't make us use any DJI proprietary software on the desktops when we get the ability to transfer content wirelessly.

Can you at least set up a 5 point motion lapse, and start recording, wirelessly from the phone, then close mimo when the Osmo Pocket  starts doing its thing? Or does it require the phone to be connected (wirelessly) to the Osmo the whole time while it's doing the motion lapse?
2019-1-10
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Chris1a Posted at 1-10 14:31
4-5MB/s transfer speed? And you can't connect it to your desktop over wifi? I do hope this is due to bottlenecks and unfinished stuff. Please don't make us use any DJI proprietary software on the desktops when we get the ability to transfer content wirelessly.

Can you at least set up a 5 point motion lapse, and start recording, wirelessly from the phone, then close mimo when the Osmo Pocket  starts doing its thing? Or does it require the phone to be connected (wirelessly) to the Osmo the whole time while it's doing the motion lapse?

Good question
2019-1-10
Use props
j.r.r.
lvl.4
Canada

I received my today evening and my first attempts to connect using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth with my Samsung S9 Plus worked perfectly. Base on the video posted in post #10 by hallmark007 there is password needed to connect using Wi-Fi but in my case it connected without me typing 12341234 (default password). It could be because I first tried connecting using Bluetooth, but not sure. The wireless adapter is very tiny, hardly can see/feel when installed on OP. I recorded video in 4K at 30 fps for 10 minutes, my OP started at 84% battery life and after 10 minutes  of recording the battery was at 77%. My Samsung S9 Plus started at 90% battery life and after 10 minutes of recording it went down 89%. Over all very pleased with this accessory, it works very well based on my initial tests. The control of gimbal using cell phone display is bit tricky (wheel control provide much better pan/tilt control), seams like you have to play a bit to get feel of it. When you stop the dragging of gimbal in any direction using the cell phone display and when you stop the movement the gimbal will still travel for second or so before it stops. Is it worth it $59, well in my opinion yes. It works as advertised and more importantly it provides good option to remotely control OP.
2019-1-10
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

Chris1a asked:

"Can you at least set up a 5 point motion lapse, and start recording, wirelessly from the phone, then close mimo when the Osmo Pocket  starts doing its thing?"

I'm hoping for this. I have set up my 1st generation Osmo Mobile, with my GoPro mounted, connecting with my phone, using the DJI Go app. For a test, I set 3 locations, moving the gimbal normally , while monitoring the GoPro's screen. I hit the start button and shut off the phone. It followed the 3 positions. It seems the app programs the gimbal, and that program is stored on the gimbal itself.

I hope this holds true for the Pocket!
2019-1-11
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Chris1a Posted at 1-10 14:31
4-5MB/s transfer speed? And you can't connect it to your desktop over wifi? I do hope this is due to bottlenecks and unfinished stuff. Please don't make us use any DJI proprietary software on the desktops when we get the ability to transfer content wirelessly.

Yes you can do everything you can connected with a cable as far as I can see so I’m very pleased with it and you can use it at the same time as the GoPro mount
2019-1-11
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 1-11 00:07
Chris1a asked:

"Can you at least set up a 5 point motion lapse, and start recording, wirelessly from the phone, then close mimo when the Osmo Pocket  starts doing its thing?"

Yes it works great for setting up timelapse and can place the OP and sit nice and warm in the car and do the rest in comfort
2019-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

The Rev Posted at 1-11 02:57
Yes you can do everything you can connected with a cable as far as I can see so I’m very pleased with it and you can use it at the same time as the GoPro mount

Thanks for the info, my set arrive on Monday, great it can use mount and Bluetooth module.
2019-1-11
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

The Rev Posted at 1-11 03:01
Yes it works great for setting up timelapse and can place the OP and sit nice and warm in the car and do the rest in comfort

To be clear, are you saying you can place the OP, set up the motion time lapse, start it, then turn off the app and OP will continue until complete?
2019-1-11
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
United Kingdom

You can also playback all the videos you have taken over the wireless connection without any lag so better than my expectations
2019-1-11
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 1-11 03:14
To be clear, are you saying you can place the OP, set up the motion time lapse, start it, then turn off the app and OP will continue until complete?

Yes just tried that and it works .set up the timelapse with 4 points pressed record then turned the phone off and it just carries on with what it’ was set to do so another plus
2019-1-11
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

The Rev Posted at 1-11 03:19
You can also playback all the videos you have taken over the wireless connection without any lag so better than my expectations

But, to be clear on your previous post, were you saying you can place the OP, set up the motion time lapse, start it, then turn off the app, shut off the phone, and OP will continue until complete?
2019-1-11
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 1-11 03:24
But, to be clear on your previous post, were you saying you can place the OP, set up the motion time lapse, start it, then turn off the app, shut off the phone, and OP will continue until complete?

Yes you also have the pro modes and woks the same as if you had physically connected your phone so very pleased as my expectations were not high So definitely exceeded expectations
2019-1-11
Use props
janidiver
lvl.3
Croatia

hallmark007 Posted at 1-11 03:12
Thanks for the info, my set arrive on Monday, great it can use mount and Bluetooth module.

It is really tinny and is working fine for me.
2019-1-11
Use props
janidiver
lvl.3
Croatia

j.r.r. Posted at 1-10 20:21
I received my today evening and my first attempts to connect using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth with my Samsung S9 Plus worked perfectly. Base on the video posted in post #10 by hallmark007 there is password needed to connect using Wi-Fi but in my case it connected without me typing 12341234 (default password). It could be because I first tried connecting using Bluetooth, but not sure. The wireless adapter is very tiny, hardly can see/feel when installed on OP. I recorded video in 4K at 30 fps for 10 minutes, my OP started at 84% battery life and after 10 minutes  of recording the battery was at 77%. My Samsung S9 Plus started at 90% battery life and after 10 minutes of recording it went down 89%. Over all very pleased with this accessory, it works very well based on my initial tests. The control of gimbal using cell phone display is bit tricky (wheel control provide much better pan/tilt control), seams like you have to play a bit to get feel of it. When you stop the dragging of gimbal in any direction using the cell phone display and when you stop the movement the gimbal will still travel for second or so before it stops. Is it worth it $59, well in my opinion yes. It works as advertised and more importantly it provides good option to remotely control OP.

its working also fine for me..
2019-1-11
Use props
bsuicorealtor
lvl.2
Canada

Wireless module is horrible! I can’t even get passed 6 feet and it disconnects. Wanted to make Real Estate Home Tours and it’s impossible. A selfie stick works better at the moment.
2019-1-11
Use props
Roger1167
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

My Bluetooth connection is great I was at least 20 feet away and I was controlling the camera on my iPad Pro. Works just like being wired.
2019-1-11
Use props
bsuicorealtor
lvl.2
Canada

Roger1167 Posted at 1-11 10:50
My Bluetooth connection is great I was at least 20 feet away and I was controlling the camera on my iPad Pro. Works just like being wired.

Mines been choppy when i go 6 feet then it’s gone... i’m gonna try restarting my phone.
2019-1-11
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules