crystalsky battery inside
1997 8 2019-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kenzo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 94964 ft
Italy

Ho comprato crystalsky 5.5 e sono molto felice, funziona bene, ma ho una domanda che non ho trovato una risposta:
DJI dichiara che all'interno del dispositivo c'è una batteria da 970 mAh, questo ti fa immaginare che crystalsky possa funzionare anche senza la batteria esterna (anche se per poco tempo) ma questo non succede, qualcuno può dirmi perché è stata inserita una batteria interna?

grazie

2019-1-9
Use props
Sky Donkey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

La batteria interna memorizza le impostazioni del dispositivo. Come i livelli di luminosità dello schermo di impostazione del tempo wifi ... non è abbastanza potente l'esecuzione dello schermo. E il crystalsky non funzionerà senza la batteria esterna più grande.

Google tradurre mi dispiace
2019-1-10
Use props
kenzo
lvl.3
Italy

Hi , google translated very well ... I too use :-)
Yes, I imagined that internal battery used for device settings, but 970 mAh seemed too much just for this function,
also do not understand how this battery it loads and do not see its state of charge,
I thought it could power the device , because I read that if you activate the battery saver the brightness and other functions will be reduced, which reason exists to reduce the brightness if the unit only works with external battery?
of course there are no hints about this and any info in the manual.

I take this opportunity to ask you, if I want to share a video from crystalsky on youtube, is it possible?

Thanks for your help
2019-1-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You mean the crystal sky will not turn on if you're not using the external battery? If yes, may we have a short video of this situation? You can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here. We will forward this query with our team for further clarification. Thank you for the support.
2019-1-10
Use props
kenzo
lvl.3
Italy

DJI Tony Posted at 1-10 11:08
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You mean the crystal sky will not turn on if you're not using the external battery? If yes, may we have a short video of this situation? You can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link here. We will forward this query with our team for further clarification. Thank you for the support.

Hi Tony,
yes I confirm, when remove the external battery display of crystalsky turns off !!

I have no problem making a video, but I think it's useless, when I remove the external battery the display goes off, it comes back on only when I insert the battery again,
as I asked before .... in what condition the internal battery is charged? and where how occur the  charge state ?
2019-1-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

kenzo Posted at 1-10 12:08
Hi Tony,
yes I confirm, when remove the external battery display of crystalsky turns off !!

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We have forwarded your query with our team for further clarification and we will provide updates in regards to this. Thank you for understanding.
2019-1-10
Use props
kenzo
lvl.3
Italy

Hi Tony,
I wanted to tell you that I solved by myself .... but the manual does not any make any mention about it :-(

So ... summarizing also to give information to other CrystalSky users, which apparently do not know the real functions of the internal battery, (considering that only Sky Donkey user has replied to me) so perhaps I will be pleased to know what I describe.

The internal Crystalsky battery allows the use of the device even without external battery, as I had already written, this is deduced from the power (970 mAh) would not have sense a battery like that, if not for an use it without external battery , also for an lower time.

1) The device will turn on with external battery BUT only if you have connected remote control or USB carge in the USB-C port.
This means that the internal battery will be charged or by a battery charger (typical smartphone 5V. 2A.) or by the remote control, in this last case will reduce the battery life of the radio remote control
2) To view the information on the internal battery, simply click on the% battery icon in the date window.
External battery icon will show 0%

I can not say how long it can work with internal battery (I have not done any tests) of course I consider this possibility only as an emergency in case during a flight the external battery is discharged.

I did not understand if during use with external battery, the internal battery is charged.
That's why it would be useful for DJI to give some technical information about it, so Crystalsky customers could use the device in a more correct way

2019-1-13
Use props
DroneGuyEd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some time back my CS got stuck in a display.  After removing the battery, the display continued to show for a while and then later shut off.  This seems to confirm there is some small level of internal power.
2019-1-13
Use props
kenzo
lvl.3
Italy

as I said..the internal battery is charged with USB-C, but you need to remove the external battery, maybe you've never loaded ..
2019-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules