2639 22 2019-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bikoo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1534987 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I was so excited for this remote until I saw the price. I am going to keep on using my iPad mini with my M2P controller, if DJI reduce the price to $450 then I will buy it.
Single SelectVote, Total 72 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

73.61% (53)
22.22% (16)
4.17% (3)
Your user group with no voting privileges
2019-1-9
Use props
DrMagical
lvl.4
Flight distance : 959879 ft
United Kingdom

A Mavic Pro controller costs £329
A Crystal Sky display costs £449
£579 for the 2 combined in 1 good looking piece of kit is reasonable yes?
2019-1-9
Use props
bikoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

DrMagical Posted at 1-9 23:59
A Mavic Pro controller costs £329
A Crystal Sky display costs £449
£579 for the 2 combined in 1 good looking piece of kit is reasonable yes?
if they offer to exchange with the original controller it will be good option to pay the different   
2019-1-10
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Belgium

Too expensive, you can literally buy a high end smartphone with that money which is bigger and has about the same brightness plus many more features.
2019-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I put normal, because I expected this fro dji, I suppose when I look at the now €1000 euro I spend on my phone every two years or so then I don’t find it expensive, but it is a luxury item, I agree with you , what’s one to do with other RC and the simple fact that we were customers first so to speak is a bit of a shame, I expect with low sales it might drop in price by €100 but not until end of summer.
2019-1-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Way to expensive. My iPad mini 2 works great with my MP and Zoom so I'll stick with that.
2019-1-10
Use props
djl61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795810 ft
United States

DJI should give us an option to trade in our remotes to help offset the cost of the Smart Remote.
2019-1-10
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

The price is a hard pill to digest.  DJI offers a discount if you purchase the combo.   I really like the portability that the RC and screen is integrated.  I owned a Yuneek Typhoon H with integrated screen.  I really loved how easy it was to not deal with connecting the iPad/phone, as well as dealing with shoddy cables that tend to fail at the worst times.

I would think there would be less communication drops between them both which is another positive.

Thankfully it's not for sale here so I can digest all of this.  If it was available now, I would have purchased it on an impulse..
2019-1-10
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

I'd rather spend 30% more and buy the CRYSTALSKY 7.5 with 2000nits.
The control would not make a difference even if one day break.
It would still be cheaper to replace.
2019-1-10
Use props
HyLenz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

I like the versatility of the stock controller/iPad mini setup. The mini cost less, has bigger screen, imo IOS is more stable than Android, can be used with my MPro, M2Pro, and my Tello, and rumor has it there may be an iPad Mini 5 on the way. So I guess I do not see the benefit of the new controller just yet. I sure wish it came standard with the $1700+ M2P kit I just bought. I am a nut for DJI toys, so maybe one day when I have some extra dough lying around...
2019-1-10
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

HyLenz Posted at 1-10 11:26
I like the versatility of the stock controller/iPad mini setup. The mini cost less, has bigger screen, imo IOS is more stable than Android, can be used with my MPro, M2Pro, and my Tello, and rumor has it there may be an iPad Mini 5 on the way. So I guess I do not see the benefit of the new controller just yet. I sure wish it came standard with the $1700+ M2P kit I just bought. I am a nut for DJI toys, so maybe one day when I have some extra dough lying around...
Rumor of an iPad Mini 5?!?   Shut up!!  I have been so waiting for this!   While I do love my iPad mini teamed up with an anti-glare screen helps, it is still a bit dark.  You bring up a valid point.  iOS has been super stable for me also.   I have heard way too many Android issues (Not dissing Android users, just the DJI app for Android).

I am contemplating on waiting!!  What fears me the most, is when the app crashes on the smart controller, how in the HELL can you power just the tablet portion off and keep the controller powered?  I have never been in the situation in powering off the controller (never needed to).  I know the AC is programmed to RTH, but if you are far out and the signal is sketchy, how fast will it re-sync?
2019-1-10
Use props
bikoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

iOS is more stable for me also. i use ipad mini.
2019-1-11
Use props
bikoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

djl61 Posted at 1-10 06:29
DJI should give us an option to trade in our remotes to help offset the cost of the Smart Remote.

it will be nice if they do
2019-1-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Fraggboy Posted at 1-10 19:52
Rumor of an iPad Mini 5?!?   Shut up!!  I have been so waiting for this!   While I do love my iPad mini teamed up with an anti-glare screen helps, it is still a bit dark.  You bring up a valid point.  iOS has been super stable for me also.   I have heard way too many Android issues (Not dissing Android users, just the DJI app for Android).

I am contemplating on waiting!!  What fears me the most, is when the app crashes on the smart controller, how in the HELL can you power just the tablet portion off and keep the controller powered?  I have never been in the situation in powering off the controller (never needed to).  I know the AC is programmed to RTH, but if you are far out and the signal is sketchy, how fast will it re-sync?

You can power all off and back on it may go to RTH but soon as you reconnect you can take control again, you can also fly without app if your in VLOS which we all should be.
2019-1-12
Use props
djiuser_jBXOnzT6p8Z1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

bikoo Posted at 1-12 02:15
it will be nice if they do
It is worth what folks are willing to pay.

At present, some are clearly happy to pay RRP.

As with everything, price will likely come down over time.

If you want to be a first adopter you will have to pay.

May I suggest to anyone interested in the new controller to wait until DJI officially announce whether or not the new controller will be updateable to any new Ocusync versions in the future.

Otherwise it may be outdated before long.

If DJI already have clarified the above please ignore my comment.
2019-1-12
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Ipad Mini 5
https://www.gsmarena.com/photos_ ... ni_5-news-35009.php

2019-1-12
Use props
bikoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

djiuser_jBXOnzT6p8Z1 Posted at 1-12 03:18
It is worth what folks are willing to pay.

At present, some are clearly happy to pay RRP.

i think better to wait also to see the reviews.
2019-1-12
Use props
HH1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

I like the screen in the controller, would be easier to handle, I would think.  But at the current price, I would need to absolutely need to know that it would work with whatever I would be using it with.  It may be worth near what they are asking, IF it worked with ALL models of DJI drones, a DJI Universal controller, yep, then it would be something to have for me.  Hey, I have to dream somewhere
2019-1-12
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I agree, if it was universal to work with all 3 my drones, sure. But currently, for that price here in New Zealand, I can buy a second hand car. iPhone works awesome thanx!
2019-1-16
Use props
cristiano1976pt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 322156 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I would like to see the Controller in the DJI Select Programm. Then it is okay for me.
2019-1-17
Use props
bikoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Toedles Posted at 1-16 20:53
I agree, if it was universal to work with all 3 my drones, sure. But currently, for that price here in New Zealand, I can buy a second hand car. iPhone works awesome thanx!

lol , you are right
2019-1-17
Use props
bikoo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Will just forget it for now  !!!
2019-1-17
Use props
A CW