Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Osmo Pocket tight fit on ohone connectors
1419 13 2019-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Deathhawk2k
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48412 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I just got my DJI pocket osmo few days ago and noticed that the lightning phone adapter is a very tight fit sliding into the unit.  To the point there is a tiny plastic wear/scratch on the unit caused by the lightning connector.

Just checking with the rest of you on your experience.  The osmo pocket is fine and the lightning connector is also fine...

2019-1-10
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

I don't have this problem. Are you talking about a scratch on a case, or the phone itself?
2019-1-10
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2019-1-10
Use props
Deathhawk2k
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Curt1591 Posted at 1-10 02:56
I don't have this problem. Are you talking about a scratch on a case, or the phone itself?

The faint scratch is on the osmo pocket itself where the lightning connector would slide brushing against the plastic.  I will take a photo.
2019-1-10
Use props
Deathhawk2k
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

El Diablo Posted at 1-10 05:16
I will check that tonight. Can you post a photo?

If you look at the plastic housing, you will see 2 faint sunny lines caused by the metal party of the lightning connector when you store it.  I was able to wipe it mostly off.  I am wondering if my connector is too tight that it will create long term damage.  I did get osmo shield for long term on any possible battery issue.
440F434D-B523-4907-ADF3-DFAE11F42EDF.jpeg
2019-1-10
Use props
Deathhawk2k
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Could the moderators fix my typo on the title from ophone to iphone?
2019-1-10
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2019-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Deathhawk2k Posted at 1-10 09:01
If you look at the plastic housing, you will see 2 faint sunny lines caused by the metal party of the lightning connector when you store it.  I was able to wipe it mostly off.  I am wondering if my connector is too tight that it will create long term damage.  I did get osmo shield for long term on any possible battery issue.

I wouldn’t be to concerned about that it’s barley noticeable, better tight fit than something falling out.
You should be able to edit your own header.
2019-1-10
Use props
Deathhawk2k
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 1-10 10:58
I wouldn’t be to concerned about that it’s barley noticeable, better tight fit than something falling out.

Thanks, I ordered an extra lightning connector just in case the tight fit breaks it.  Ordered the accessory kit arriving Monday

I hope this works well for my 2-year-old birthday party on Saturday.  I was getting quite paranoid with people posting power-on failure issues after a few days (those who received them last December).

I will store the connector on a separate case to avoid scratching the plastic housing further.  Hope I can use the wireless module to download the clips to my phone or to my desktop.
2019-1-10
Use props
Deathhawk2k
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 1-10 10:58

Thanks.  I was unable to edit it.  Couldn't find a link to do it.  I was using SWIPE gesture on my iPhone and predictive typing even changed my comment about shiny lines to "sunny" lines - geez.

2019-1-10
Use props
Deathhawk2k
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Any comment from any DJI rep on this matter?
2019-1-11
Use props
DaMa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Deathhawk2k Posted at 1-11 00:44
Any comment from any DJI rep on this matter?

This is how it looks like here.
IMG_3977.JPG
2019-1-11
Use props
Deathhawk2k
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DaMa Posted at 1-11 01:20
This is how it looks like here.[Image]

Yeah it should be like that but i believe another user encountered the situation where the metal part rubs against the plastic housing.  I am handle my gear delicately.  I akso ordered a spare lightning connector along with the accessory kit to check on the tightness of the fit.
2019-1-11
Use props
Deathhawk2k
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DaMa Posted at 1-11 01:20
This is how it looks like here.[Image]

Yeah it should be like that but i believe another user encountered the situation where the metal part rubs against the plastic housing.  I am handle my gear delicately.  I akso ordered a spare lightning connector along with the accessory kit to check on the tightness of the fit.
2019-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules