547 5 2019-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anthony8858
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9711 ft
United States

I just purchased a Mavic Air to compliment my P4p

Been doing some online reading and some people complain about losing their MA as a result of losing a wifi signal.

Just curious... the MA has "RTH" , and shouldn't a wifi disconnect automatically initiate the RTH feature?
I understand that the user could have it set to "hover" and ultimately die in the sky
2019-1-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. With regards to that, If ever the Aircraft got disconnected from the Remote controller the RTH should trigger since our Aircraft has failsafe feature and as long as the Aircraft still have a good GPS reception it should be able to use the RTH function.
2019-1-10
Use props
Anthony8858
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9711 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-10 09:11
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. With regards to that, If ever the Aircraft got disconnected from the Remote controller the RTH should trigger since our Aircraft has failsafe feature and as long as the Aircraft still have a good GPS reception it should be able to use the RTH function.

Thank you.

My thoughts exactly..
Can't understand why people make mistakes then blame the aircraft or its technology.
2019-1-10
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Anthony8858 Posted at 1-10 09:22
Thank you.

My thoughts exactly..

RTH on lost signal is a typical failsafe but my Mavic Air sometimes is just stubborn as all hell.  

Also Common rule of thumb is to never fully trust onboard systems, as sometimes they are not correct and you may not realize this till it’s too late, and flying wrong direction trying to hone because compass is flipped around or something.. the systems are there to augment and help you, but shouldn’t 100% count on them.  

1 of two things happen for my Mavic Air but no critical failings:

1.  Sometimes drops signal but refuses to initiate RTH (happens mostly in fringe connections).. I have to manually start RTH or power off the RC then power it back up to kickstart it.. makes me think maybe drone still seeing the remote signal but remote no longer sees it, so doesn’t know to initiate safefail on its own until you manually start it or disconnect it forcefully..

2.  it begins RTH Routine and just sits there upon reconnection if it hasn’t began moving back my direction it will raise up to my set height then turn my direction and just sit there for about 10-20 long seconds waiting sometimes precious battery power before moving.. if it began flying my direction before reconnection then it’s fine usually.  

2019-1-10
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Anthony8858 Posted at 1-10 09:22
Thank you.

My thoughts exactly..

Not a problem it's my pleasure. we can't tell what could be the main reason behind those things since it will be a case to case basis. If ever you have a question or concern feel free to reach us back. Cheers!
2019-1-10
Use props
twilight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2113606 ft
Romania

DJI Gamora Posted at 1-10 10:11
Not a problem it's my pleasure. we can't tell what could be the main reason behind those things since it will be a case to case basis. If ever you have a question or concern feel free to reach us back. Cheers!

If the drone is set to "hover" after signal lost how will it "return to home"? It won't. My guess is (have never tried it) that when battery will get low or even critical, the aircraft will begin descent and try to land in the place it got disconnected from the remote.
2019-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules