440 5 2019-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Scott S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136168 ft
Finland

Quick one peeps
Whats minus degree Celuis temperatures have you flown at, and have you had any issues. Just because the snow is here and want to take the Mavic Air out and about.
I flew my at -7 deg C with no issues, in which an adminstrator reminded me of the correct operating temperators are between 0-40 deg c.

2019-1-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Scott S. Thanks for the inquiry. Hopefully, our valued DJI Customer can share there experiences in flying there drone on cold locations. Have a safe and happy flying always.
2019-1-10
Use props
Oliverro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27864 ft
Norway

I got my MA for Christmas, and living in Norway makes it impossible to fly in warm weather at this time.
I think the lowest temperature I have flown at is -8 degrees Celsius. The only thing I notice is that the battery runs out a bit faster than flying when temperature is closer to 0.
2019-1-10
Use props
Scott S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136168 ft
Finland

Oliverro Posted at 1-10 09:18
I got my MA for Christmas, and living in Norway makes it impossible to fly in warm weather at this time.
I think the lowest temperature I have flown at is -8 degrees Celsius. The only thing I notice is that the battery runs out a bit faster than flying when temperature is closer to 0.

I am the same I am in Finland at the moment, and want to catch a few snow shots, i got about 15-18 minutes flying time at -7 c, going to 20-25% battery, this was to just try it out at low temps. i thought this was good times.
i know there will some pilots out there that will have some good experience flying in low temps.
2019-1-10
Use props
Zigenbock
lvl.3
Flight distance : 189341 ft
United States

DJI say the range is 0°C - 40°C However, I live up in the mountains and regularly fly in the "teens" F - which translates to about -12.
Some flights have been lower - I have never had a problem, but only fly when the weather is good - never fly in any visible moisture.
2019-1-10
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

I flown in -12C and snowing with my Mavic Air and experienced no issues    just gotta keep ur batteries warm, I used pockets on inside of my carhartt jacket and tucked the batteries there

If flying and maybe risk of snow sticking or freezing fog or something..I suggest spraying some rainX on a cloth and soaking it (or if me, spray the drone directly because watever) and wiping down all surfaces specially the props and the camera gimbal so ice won’t form as easily and give it a few minutes to set.. and RainX coating should last few days at-least.
2019-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules