Spark on a airplane / Cruise Ship
476 4 2019-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheGemster18
lvl.2
Flight distance : 359413 ft
United States

I am planning a trip this summer more than likely going to another country perhaps the Caribbean my question is are there any specific rules and regulations regarding bringing drones on an aircraft? And also a cruise ship?  Tks. In advance.   Joey.
2019-1-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi TheGemser18, we do appreciate your interest in our products. For taking the drone to the airplane or a cruise ship, it will vary on their policies, so you can seek advice from them directly. I would like to suggest that you can search the drone regulations of the countries that you are going to, please click the link for further info: http://www.dji.com/flysafe If you need further help, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks for your support.
2019-1-10
Use props
Gunship9
Second Officer
United States

The drone should be fine as long as its giant lithium battery are taken in the cabin with you.  It goes in the cabin with you since the battery is laptop size-ish and you can fight the fire if it goes into a voltage cascade.   Big hoverboard/segway size batteries are a no-no.  There was someone here going on a cruise and the boat said they would confiscate the drone if brought on board.  
2019-1-10
Use props
LouisP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Airplanes are no problem.. just carry the batteries onboard with you.   Cruise lines (I have read) have very strict rules. Some of them will not even allow you to bring in onboard, others might confiscate it while onboard but let you take it ashore with you.   Check with your cruise line before bringing it.   I saw one youtube video where a guy had to leave his drone locked in a car in Florida while he went on his cruise.  Better to check ahead than to have to leave it behind like that,.
2019-1-10
Use props
TheGemster18
lvl.2
Flight distance : 359413 ft
United States

Thank you Louis.  
2019-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules