Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Turn off phone charging
1038 7 2019-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
04in719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

Might be a silly question but is there a way to turn off the osmo from charging the phone during use?
I ran out of battery on a hyperlapse cause it was charging my phone.

Thanks.

2019-1-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. According to AOA protocol of Android, Osmo Pocket must provide 5V 500mA power to the Android device when connected. This will result in reduced battery runtime, however, the Osmo Pocket allows you to charge it when it’s turned on. Adding an optional Wireless Module can also prevent the reverse charging from happening while not compromising advanced control and features.
2019-1-10
Use props
hkphoto.com
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Battery charging limit in Google play may help but you need a rooted phone
2019-1-10
Use props
04in719
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I appreciate the reply, using a galaxy S9. The short video doesn't really apply in this case, what good would it do?
Just want to know if there is a setting I'm missing.
2019-1-10
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
lvl.4
United Kingdom

04in719 Posted at 1-10 10:01
I appreciate the reply, using a galaxy S9. The short video doesn't really apply in this case, what good would it do?
Just want to know if there is a setting I'm missing.

Unfortunately this is an android issue, a requirement of an accessory being plugged into your phone must provide power, this is why it charges and not the fault of the osmo.
2019-1-10
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

Unplug the phone while doing the hyperlapse.   You can set up the lapse with the phone then unplug it and press the button to start.  No need to keep the phone plugged in the whole time.
2019-1-10
Use props
04in719
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

LouisP Posted at 1-10 12:39
Unplug the phone while doing the hyperlapse.   You can set up the lapse with the phone then unplug it and press the button to start.  No need to keep the phone plugged in the whole time.

I had no idea you could do that. Thought the phone had to be attached. I'll test it out.
2019-1-10
Use props
04in719
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

LouisP Posted at 1-10 12:39

Works great, thanks for the tip!
2019-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules