Can't Fly in Authorization Zone even with LAANC / Airmap
2243 7 2019-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jjslat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 484183 ft
United States

Seems like a recent update put my backyard into a stricter NFZ whereas before I could just click "assume responsibility" in the DJI app, now I cannot.
I filed a flightplan and received immediate LAANC approval but could still not get the M2 to takeoff, controller said it could not take off in NFZ.

I also connected to the controller using Airmap directly, it connected, showed the approved authorization to fly but the drone was still disabled.

Am I missing a step? I'd imagine it will be a little smoother when LAANC is incorporated in the DJI app, timeline on that?  

2019-1-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day jjslat. i am sorry to know that you are having this issue today. To help you further with the NFZ. Please send an email at flysafe@dji.com for additional help. Thank you.
2019-1-10
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same issue.  DJI Go 4 would not let me take off.  I tried to authorize, but it woudn't go past 'Invalid Country Code' when putting in the phone number.
2019-5-30
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

sky_makai Posted at 5-30 12:09
I had the same issue.  DJI Go 4 would not let me take off.  I tried to authorize, but it woudn't go past 'Invalid Country Code' when putting in the phone number.

So,  here's that:

+1 ( space here )      phone number includes area code

DO not type anything next to the +1.......you need to move to the right to type in the phone number

then you'll get a text with a code that needs to be typed in......then click Verify
2019-5-30
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Did you already make the "take off" move on the controller(both sticks inside or outside), some lines will appear on the device asking for acceptance ..etc..
Login out and in the Dji Go 4 app can help also..
Just trying to help..
2019-6-11
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>

rwynant V1 Posted at 5-30 19:55
So,  here's that:

+1 ( space here )      phone number includes area code

Thank you.  I'll try that next time.  I thought I had tried everything.
2019-9-23
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Just had this happen again.  DJI needs to fix the discrepancy between LAANC and Geosystem.
2020-6-10
Use props
JEZ2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336204 ft
United States

The DJI Fly Safe is totally separate from LAANC.  LAANC gets you approval to fly in authorized airspace.  At present, the DJI Fly Safe maps seem to keep you away from manned aircraft.  You can see that in many cases , Fly Safe is smaller than the controlled airspace, and in other cases (primarily those extending from the runways) they are longer/larger than the controlled air space.  They do not appear to try to match the airspace restrictions, but to keep out of flight paths.  

You can argue if this is a better choice than trying to match the controlled airspace map directly.  I'd say the DJI approach was good before recreational fliers could get authorization using LAANC -- it kept the recreational flyer who wasn't going to get authorization from getting in the way of the air traffic as best as they could.  Now that you can use LAANC, it does seem odd that they are different, as you have to do the two things individual.  It is what we have now though, and you have to navigate both to be able to take off legally, until a better solution comes along
2020-6-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules