684 4 2019-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
andy10
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4585692 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

I was about to take a great scenery this morning when all the trees and bushes had white frozen branches and the land was dark with no snow.
I have P4P+ for a year and a half and never had any problems with it.
When I turned on the RC it starts beeping very fast and when I started the drone it continued doing that. The light remain red - as it would had no connection. Then a message appeared 'switch the aircraft off and calibrate the RC' I did that but after performed required stick movements and pushed 'done' the 'calibrate' option appeared and I pushed that too. Then a message came 'move sticks to the centre points and 'calibrate' and then to the sticks again etc. In short - I couldn't finish the calibration of the RC. Then I switched it off and on again (the RC and the craft) and it connected normally.
I was in a hurry as the sun began melting the frost from the trees and after a few minutes the scenery would gone. The drone flew normally I pushed it around at max distance 700m from the HP. I was looking for the best shots so I lost VLOS but was not worried as there were no elevations nor other objects around, just meadows and fields.
When I decided to bring it back I noticed a strange behaviour of the compass. The red triangle that marks the drone position and heading didn't move according to the stick movements. I didn't activate RTH as obviously there was some problem with the compass and the drone could fly away then.
I brought it back in the direction where the distance readings diminish the most. This was no problem as there was no obstacles other than some trees and I flied pretty above them.
Even when I had the bird just above my head, the compass marker showed different orientation than the drone had.
I took off in the middle of fields with no magnetic sources few 100m around. After I landed I turned the aircraft on again and then it showed the compass error. The drone flied normally all the time.

Sorry to be a bit long but I just want to know if the RC behaviour at the beginning have anything to do with compass issue later. Does the stick calibration has anything to do with the compass?         
2019-1-10
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

There was more than likely something made of steel around your launch point,  possibly underground.
2019-1-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

What surface did you launch from?
2019-1-10
Use props
andy10
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovenia

As I said in the middle of flat surface with fields and meadows few km around. Don't beleive that something of steel could be undergrount or near.
2019-1-11
Use props
andy10
lvl.4
  • >>>
Slovenia

Well, I'm asking again.
Can the request for RC sticks calibration has something to do with the compass error?
2019-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules