Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Tips for YouTube?
1437 22 2019-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LUX.aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1787402 ft
United States

Hello. I’ve been using drones in my photography and filmmaking efforts for past the last three or four months. I’ve been trying to establish my YouTube channel and grow find my first 100 subscribers, but I’ve found it difficult. Despite following many tips provided online by others, I’ve yet to be successful in breaking through the noise online that distracts so many of us from discovering truly great content.

This is not a plea for subscribers. Instead, I’m looking for successful YouTubers who are willing to give my channel a look over and offer helpful, constructive points and advice. Thank you all.

My channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzd4N0y2QJ9AXIrq-n5bqUQ
2019-1-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sure that our valued customers could provide best advises to increase your subscriber in youtube. Thank you for continued support.
2019-1-10
Use props
LUX.aerial
Second Officer
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 1-10 14:01
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We're sure that our valued customers could provide best advises to increase your subscriber in youtube. Thank you for continued support.

Thanks Tony. I appreciate it.
2019-1-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

LUX.aerial Posted at 1-10 14:03
Thanks Tony. I appreciate it.

You're very welcome. Please let us know if you have other concerns. Cheers!
2019-1-10
Use props
Esk534
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1349816 ft
Denmark

Nice channel and yes i very hard to grow on youtube but giv it time and you will make it..  
2019-1-11
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Subed to your channel! Hope it grow fast!
2019-1-11
Use props
DPOV
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Join the club. There's gazllions of others doing the very same thing. Unfortunately it seems like YT are also making things a lot more difficult. I gave up a long time agao. Nowaways, it seems like you need a major viral video to get subscribers.

By the way, you have a very nice channel, I just subbed !  

Have a peek at mine.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC13WEd1ATjUoxCWVWJwMa8g
2019-1-11
Use props
DPOV
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think there folks with 'How-to-do' videos are the ones that are growing their channels exponentially. If you're into hosting, explaining how things work etc, then you're numbers will definitely grow - just a tip.

You'll probably get more feedback on here then YT. Seems like there's more activity going on in here vs. going onto TY - just my take.
2019-1-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very hard to make a good follower base.
I absolutely have no idea how I did that.
One of my channels has 25k+ subs and one other 'only' 900
You have to make something many people want to see and apparently drone footage has limited appeal.
So unless there is something very special about your footage you have to rely on luck and the youtube algorithm to pick your video up and spam it to other's suggestions.  
2019-1-11
Use props
Lamplighter55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

You have a great eye, and your shots are at a professional level. As to what you want from your YT channel it very much depends on what you want your viewers to see and why. Sounds obvious, but where we are right now is that with DJI providing ever improving cameras at a price point general hobbyists can just about afford, there's a plethora of drone footage now being uploaded daily to YT. So if one has a commercial intent having a drone footage channel, one has to build it with that in mind. First and foremost 'what is your intent?'  In other words, what is your market and what are you wanting to offer, over and above anything a hobbyist could achieve? Once you have a plan in that area then you have to market your channel and footage with that in mind.
On a technical note you have shots that would best be seen in 4K or UHD at least. Currently YT compression is really messing with the quality of your uploads - all the subtle textures and tonal variation is being lost. Maybe create a Vimeo page and upload your best shots there to maintain the technical quality in resolution and compression.
To get more YT hits try tagging with '4K 'beautiful landscapes' and being location specific like 'New England fall 2018' etc. When people search for holiday destinations your videos will get more hits - also in terms of advertising if it is possible associate with relevant advertisers from the area - tourist boards, local transport services etc. Hope these points help.
2019-1-11
Use props
LUX.aerial
Second Officer
United States

DPOV Posted at 1-11 05:16
I think there folks with 'How-to-do' videos are the ones that are growing their channels exponentially. If you're into hosting, explaining how things work etc, then you're numbers will definitely grow - just a tip.

You'll probably get more feedback on here then YT. Seems like there's more activity going on in here vs. going onto TY - just my take.

I’ve toyed with the idea of doing some how-tos, but honestly, many folks that do that sorta thing are in it solely for the numbers - and it shows. While it would be fantastic to have loads of subs, my real intent is to create content for those whom have a more cultured appetite, because it keeps me striving to create higher quality and more original material. When see other great filmmakers use drones to capture a shot in a particular way, I don’t want them to explain how they did it, I’d rather try to discover it on my own. That way even if I don’t achieve their technique perfectly, I’m bound to discover my own in the process.
2019-1-11
Use props
LUX.aerial
Second Officer
United States

Lamplighter55 Posted at 1-11 07:21
You have a great eye, and your shots are at a professional level. As to what you want from your YT channel it very much depends on what you want your viewers to see and why. Sounds obvious, but where we are right now is that with DJI providing ever improving cameras at a price point general hobbyists can just about afford, there's a plethora of drone footage now being uploaded daily to YT. So if one has a commercial intent having a drone footage channel, one has to build it with that in mind. First and foremost 'what is your intent?'  In other words, what is your market and what are you wanting to offer, over and above anything a hobbyist could achieve? Once you have a plan in that area then you have to market your channel and footage with that in mind.
On a technical note you have shots that would best be seen in 4K or UHD at least. Currently YT compression is really messing with the quality of your uploads - all the subtle textures and tonal variation is being lost. Maybe create a Vimeo page and upload your best shots there to maintain the technical quality in resolution and compression.
To get more YT hits try tagging with '4K 'beautiful landscapes' and being location specific like 'New England fall 2018' etc. When people search for holiday destinations your videos will get more hits - also in terms of advertising if it is possible associate with relevant advertisers from the area - tourist boards, local transport services etc. Hope these points help.

You reply is VERY helpful! Thankful for taking the time to lay so much useful info out for me, Lamp. And yes, the quality of my uploads is so degraded by Google’s video compression that it makes nauseated when I rewatch them. I have recently started a Vimeo page, and will focus on building it more for the moment. As to my intent, I’m working towards a goal of being an professional aerial photographer/cinematographer. I’ve been using drones for about five months now, give or take a few weeks, so I realize I still have much distance cross before I’m skilled enough to make that professional leap.  As to my YT intent, up until this point I have thought of my channel as my portfolio or sorts.
2019-1-11
Use props
LUX.aerial
Second Officer
United States

jacksonnai Posted at 1-11 04:35
Subed to your channel! Hope it grow fast!

I appreciate, and will gladly reciprocate. =-)
2019-1-11
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

LUX.aerial Posted at 1-11 14:10
I appreciate, and will gladly reciprocate. =-)

You're welcome!
2019-1-14
Use props
trikVIDEO
lvl.4

Croatia

I feel you!

Same thing counts for me, I got into videography a few months back and I'm also struggling. The goal is not to get X numbers of subscribers but to get insights from other creators, comments and critics.

Subbed to your channel, I like your style

Check mine out if you got the time, I was also going for some kind of portfolio but I also upload a certain type of VLOGS and short videos made for fun

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnd9VkYOCnv-BAYJhqiK44Q/featured?view_as=subscriber
2019-1-19
Use props
LUX.aerial
Second Officer
United States

trikVIDEO Posted at 1-19 13:25
I feel you!

Same thing counts for me, I got into videography a few months back and I'm also struggling. The goal is not to get X numbers of subscribers but to get insights from other creators, comments and critics.

Great to connect here! I subbed to your channel also and look forward to watching your videos shortly. And yes, I’m not into the numbers game, although, I’d like to finish gaining my first 100 subs so I can get a personalized YouTube URL. Sigh. Someday soon.
2019-1-19
Use props
trikVIDEO
lvl.4

Croatia

LUX.aerial Posted at 1-19 13:49
Great to connect here! I subbed to your channel also and look forward to watching your videos shortly. And yes, I’m not into the numbers game, although, I’d like to finish gaining my first 100 subs so I can get a personalized YouTube URL. Sigh. Someday soon.

Thanks! Hopefully we can learn and evolve together!

100 is also my goal for that exact reason - getting a custom url

I'm going to shoot a castle tomorrow morning, Mavic Air, Gopro 7 and Sony a6300.

Going to practice drone footage as well as some gimbal movements with the Sony, stay tuned ;)
2019-1-19
Use props
Shervin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196037 ft
Norway

Great channel, I just subbed to it. I like your idea of having content there for a reason, and not there just for the contents sake. It shows that your videos are of high quality. Too bad YouTube algorithms favor clickbait and "cheap" videos :/ Keep going though, I will continue to watch your work

As for the other people that showed your channels here, I subscribed to you too   (trikVIDEO and DPOV)

I post my channel link here as well, if anyone cares to take a look: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSTUk_a9s-Gx2sJIjwB6mBA
2019-1-19
Use props
LUX.aerial
Second Officer
United States

trikVIDEO Posted at 1-19 14:12
Thanks! Hopefully we can learn and evolve together!

100 is also my goal for that exact reason - getting a custom url

Wow, a castle shoot! I’m jealous! Can’t wait to see what you capture. And yes, those smooth gamble movements take a while to master, but I’m sure you’ll have no issues doing that. As for me, I’m currently snowbound, sitting by the fireplace as I pray for an early spring - the sun seriously needs to return soon. Haha!
2019-1-19
Use props
LUX.aerial
Second Officer
United States

Shervin Posted at 1-19 14:21
Great channel, I just subbed to it. I like your idea of having content there for a reason, and not there just for the contents sake. It shows that your videos are of high quality. Too bad YouTube algorithms favor clickbait and "cheap" videos :/ Keep going though, I will continue to watch your work

As for the other people that showed your channels here, I subscribed to you too   (trikVIDEO and DPOV)

The quality of your recent video, “Italy Road Trip” is great! Your custom transitions are executed well every time. You have a firm grasp on storyboarding. Plus, when the song lyrics from your selected soundtrack synced with the waiter’s “okay”, I chuckled. Very well done.  A great feel-good experience, as any road trip should be.
2019-1-19
Use props
Shervin Koushan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196037 ft
Norway

LUX.aerial Posted at 1-19 15:07
The quality of your recent video, “Italy Road Trip” is great! Your custom transitions are executed well every time. You have a firm grasp on storyboarding. Plus, when the song lyrics from your selected soundtrack synced with the waiter’s “okay”, I chuckled. Very well done.  A great feel-good experience, as any road trip should be.

Thanks a lot - really appreciate it! Makes me happy when people notice those small details, like the waiter's "okay"
2019-1-20
Use props
B1houdini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Very nice channel.
Just subscribed.
Hope by subscribing it helps you?
2019-1-21
Use props
LUX.aerial